Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually tried calling yesterday, i've had luck in the past, but no openings. However, this morning I randomly decided to check online, and got lucky! Price is higher than I was expecting, so hopefully AP discounts come out soon. If not, that's ok!

I booked an agency exclusive at POP for these dates at a great rate. Not sure if name is allowed as they are not Dreams Unlimited . . . might try Googling or PM me.

We will be at POP (our favorite place to stay!) in February. We are staying standard. I would like a lake view but still close to main building (or as close as you can with standard). Does that exist? What should we ask for?
buildings 3,4, 5 and 6 have standard lake view and are close to Classic Hall.

We always bring flavored creamer with us.

Do you drive or fly? If you fly, how do you pack it? I have the same issue as the cheapest way to get the creamer is Prime Now so you end up with a $20 small bottle of creamer . . . still cheaper than an Uber

Do you drive or fly? If you fly, how do you pack it? I have the same issue as the cheapest way to get the creamer is Prime Now so you end up with a $20 small bottle of creamer . . . still cheaper than an Uber

You can buy boxes of little individual containers of shelf stable flavored creamer. I have packed those before. Our trip was too long to take enough of them. I have a container of French vanilla powedered creamer st work. Definitely less than ideal but still ok-ish. I love love love my coffee with a blop of flavored creamer but can’t stand it without for some reason!

We always bring flavored creamer with us.

Same here. On our last trip I found a small travel-size non-refrigerated liquid creamer from Target. It was perfect for throwing in my park bag and using it for coffee on my way to the parks!

You can buy boxes of little individual containers of shelf stable flavored creamer. I have packed those before. Our trip was too long to take enough of them. I have a container of French vanilla powedered creamer st work. Definitely less than ideal but still ok-ish. I love love love my coffee with a blop of flavored creamer but can’t stand it without for some reason!

I'm the same and the lines at Starbucks do not interest me. I'm headed to Wal-mart in a bit and will look for some shelf stable options - I had a good one at a restaurant last week maybe I'll find it! Might be worth checking my bag to get enough through. I normally just carry on but I'm on SW so it wouldn't cost more.

Is Building 1 (50s) standard room a refurbished building? We are trying to figure this out before we get there.

Thank you.

Fellow Texan here...we live about 40 miles northwest of you and leaving in a short 10 days for the POP. Traveling with DGD's and needed 2 rooms for their birthday celebration trip. Our budget couldn't swing our favorite WL so we're giving the POP a chance. Please let us know how your room requests turned out; we've requested connecting rooms since the girls mother will be traveling to Las Vegas after a few days in DW with us. Not crazy about the girls staying in a room by themselves after Mom departs so praying our "connecting rooms" request is granted. Have a magical vacation and looking forward to your report! :tink:

Good afternoon from Katy, Texas! We returned late last night from our seven night stay and I wanted to post now before the week gets ahead of me. I did NOT request connecting rooms, but we did receive connecting rooms. I felt somewhat bad for this as my only request was that the rooms be on the same floor and relatively close to one another. My daughter turned 21, so no need for the connecting rooms. With that being said, our room had the shower and their room had the shower/tub combo. I suppose to make it easier for parents who are bathing small children in the bathtub. We received rooms 3168 & 3169 in the 50's section. I was quite happy with our room location. I hope that you have a magical vacation!!

Other bits of info for anyone else reading ~ we experienced a security check on only one day. The lady was very nice. We had been napping and she said she'd return later.

The 15's tour groups were EVERYWHERE. Everyone was commenting on them - we overhead a lot of conversations about them from other families, mainly complaints. They were chanting very late at night and I could hear them running around outside at all hours (because we were on the first floor). They were also chanting very early. For this reason we won't be staying at the values again. Quite honestly the only reason that we did stay at Pop was because we wanted to experience the new rooms and beds. :)

I do plan on emailing management about some random items once I have time. Our door jam was broken, maids NEVER brought more than two towels per day (which meant we had to call each night for more towels), never replenished cups, my daughter's room ran out of body wash, a $40 charge on my credit card that says "WDW Room only Res" which I've disputed twice, but won't go away, A/C was out in both of our rooms unless we called daily to have it fixed... Minor things, but there was a note there saying to email him the manager so that's what I intend on doing.

Hello! I will be staying at Pop for the first time this fall. It's just a short weekend trip and I will only be bringing a carry-on and not be making a grocery trip/order. Does anyone know if they sell gallons of Zephyrhills spring water in the store? I'm not interested in the packs of Dasani water bottles, I prefer spring water and filling my own bottle. I don't think I'll need any other groceries, except maybe a small milk for coffee, but I know I can get that in the food court.

Good afternoon from Katy, Texas! We returned late last night from our seven night stay and I wanted to post now before the week gets ahead of me. I did NOT request connecting rooms, but we did receive connecting rooms. I felt somewhat bad for this as my only request was that the rooms be on the same floor and relatively close to one another. My daughter turned 21, so no need for the connecting rooms. With that being said, our room had the shower and their room had the shower/tub combo. I suppose to make it easier for parents who are bathing small children in the bathtub. We received rooms 3168 & 3169 in the 50's section. I was quite happy with our room location. I hope that you have a magical vacation!!

Other bits of info for anyone else reading ~ we experienced a security check on only one day. The lady was very nice. We had been napping and she said she'd return later.

The 15's tour groups were EVERYWHERE. Everyone was commenting on them - we overhead a lot of conversations about them from other families, mainly complaints. They were chanting very late at night and I could hear them running around outside at all hours (because we were on the first floor). They were also chanting very early. For this reason we won't be staying at the values again. Quite honestly the only reason that we did stay at Pop was because we wanted to experience the new rooms and beds. :)

I do plan on emailing management about some random items once I have time. Our door jam was broken, maids NEVER brought more than two towels per day (which meant we had to call each night for more towels), never replenished cups, my daughter's room ran out of body wash, a $40 charge on my credit card that says "WDW Room only Res" which I've disputed twice, but won't go away, A/C was out in both of our rooms unless we called daily to have it fixed... Minor things, but there was a note there saying to email him the manager so that's what I intend on doing.

Thanks for your report! Good news on the connecting rooms; a necessity for us and hoping we'll get that requested request. :goodvibes A MUST for us...DD will be with her girls for part of the trip but she's leaving for Vegas toward the end of the week and we do NOT want them in a room that is NOT connected to ours...they're 16 & 12. DD is okay if that happens but I'm not. :rotfl: Not that I don't trust them...the oldest is very responsible...but just not comfortable with it in "these times".

More than a little disappointed with your other issues though :headache:...especially the air-conditioning problem. That will NOT sit well with DD if that happens. :rolleyes1 We plan on opting out of daily housekeeping so requesting extra items will not be a problem but the other issues would be troublesome. Our preferred resorts on a family trip are WL and Bay Lake Towers but didn't want to use DD's "points" on this trip as she's "saving them" for a senior trip for the 16 year old's BFF's and their mothers. We needed 2 rooms and our budget just couldn't handle 2 single rooms at WL or CR. DH and I stayed at All Star Music a couple years ago and had NO issues so hoping things go well at the POP. Thanks again and sorry you're back :rotfl:...those vacations go WAY to fast, don't they? :tink:

Those are very big problems as a collective. I noticed our room in 3160 did not have as good of air conditioning as our room in building 4 on the same stay. I got it colder by turning the fan from auto to high. Our old room stayed nice and cool all the time the new one seemed to warm up like the days of motion detector a/c. Wonder if it something with the floor/building. We refused housekeeping and I called and asked for a certain number of towels and they actually brought more than I asked for. We didn’t have to ask again for any more. Some different groups must have come after we left or we were lucky because they didn’t keep us up at night. (We were end Room by the stairs closest to the main building). I wonder if the same lady did your security check as one of ours - she was so kind when she saw my daughter asleep by the door and didn’t come in then either.

Is it possible to request early housekeeping?
Also, are there towels at the pool or do you have to bring them from your room?

TIA

Just booked a stay with surprise pixie dust...

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a building map on this thread's front page...I wanted to look for the best buildings to request.

What is pixie dust? I can’t remember.

Building map is top of pg 170, I believe.

What is the unofficial definition of “the 15s”?

I assumed it was groups of teenagers, but saw a post a couple of pages back referring to Spanish and Portuguese. So now I’m lost.

We just got home last night from a 5 night stay at Pop. And yes, the 15’s were everywhere! I had to bump this trip from when I had originally planned it in May. I will never go back in July again. The heat was brutal but the huge, disorderly groups of 15’s really took away from the enjoyment of our trip more than the heat. We had been at WDW before and had seen a few groups but this time they were everywhere went.
Aside from that, our room was great and housekeeping was fine and actually did a good job except that we ran out of conditioner on our last day.

Thanks for your report! Good news on the connecting rooms; a necessity for us and hoping we'll get that requested request. :goodvibes A MUST for us...DD will be with her girls for part of the trip but she's leaving for Vegas toward the end of the week and we do NOT want them in a room that is NOT connected to ours...they're 16 & 12. DD is okay if that happens but I'm not. :rotfl: Not that I don't trust them...the oldest is very responsible...but just not comfortable with it in "these times".
I'm not sure but the girls may not be allowed to stay in the room by themselves. I seem to remember when our boys were younger we were told there had to be at least one adult in the room if the rooms didn't connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!