Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the 15's at PoP: If the group is chanting/shouting late at night (after 10pm) or very early in the morning (like 5am), what should I do? Can I complaint to the front desk??? Is there a front desk button on the phone in the room???

Good afternoon from Katy, Texas! We returned late last night from our seven night stay and I wanted to post now before the week gets ahead of me. I did NOT request connecting rooms, but we did receive connecting rooms. I felt somewhat bad for this as my only request was that the rooms be on the same floor and relatively close to one another. My daughter turned 21, so no need for the connecting rooms. With that being said, our room had the shower and their room had the shower/tub combo. I suppose to make it easier for parents who are bathing small children in the bathtub. We received rooms 3168 & 3169 in the 50's section. I was quite happy with our room location. I hope that you have a magical vacation!!

Other bits of info for anyone else reading ~ we experienced a security check on only one day. The lady was very nice. We had been napping and she said she'd return later.

The 15's tour groups were EVERYWHERE. Everyone was commenting on them - we overhead a lot of conversations about them from other families, mainly complaints. They were chanting very late at night and I could hear them running around outside at all hours (because we were on the first floor). They were also chanting very early. For this reason we won't be staying at the values again. Quite honestly the only reason that we did stay at Pop was because we wanted to experience the new rooms and beds. :)

I do plan on emailing management about some random items once I have time. Our door jam was broken, maids NEVER brought more than two towels per day (which meant we had to call each night for more towels), never replenished cups, my daughter's room ran out of body wash, a $40 charge on my credit card that says "WDW Room only Res" which I've disputed twice, but won't go away, A/C was out in both of our rooms unless we called daily to have it fixed... Minor things, but there was a note there saying to email him the manager so that's what I intend on doing.

Hmmm. So you were in the same building I had been in thru 7/7, and had the running 15’s too. Their extra security needs to keep a closer watch. Other than the noise from the groups, the only other real problem we had was the food court in our last day. Late lunch before leaving for airport, so around 1:30pm. Loooong lines to get food, and even longer lines to pay. There were only 3 cashiers. One sat there doing nothing till a 15 came to her line (everyone else was sent to the loooooong lines) while the other 2 cashiers rang out everyone else. I was eating my lunch in the line, because it was getting cold. (Cold fries are just yuck). At no time was there a line at the 15s’ cashier. While it’s admirable that pop century tried to do something to prevent the 15s crowding the regular line, a dedicated cashier while the others got so backed up was overkill. Took a long long time to get food in a food court, which is pretty silly. Anyway, even that wasn’t the issue that the running teens was, since sleep is more important to me than food. Lol.

Question about the 15's at PoP: If the group is chanting/shouting late at night (after 10pm) or very early in the morning (like 5am), what should I do? Can I complaint to the front desk??? Is there a front desk button on the phone in the room???

There is a button on the phone but that will connect you to a call center off property (posing as the front desk). The best course of action is to physically walk to the front desk to complain and hopefully get a manager to walk with you to witness it in person.

I called around midnight, nothing changed. I called around 1, nothing changed. Around 1:45 or so, I went (in my pjs) to the front desk & complained. I posted the story a few pages back. If i has been staying a few more nights, I’d have expected to be moved (across the resort, to another resort, whatever, if management wasn’t gonna reign in the disruptive guests.)

I have a question about the food court at Pop and the dining plan. I have read that all the resorts allow you to substitute the drink that comes with the meal with something else since you can use the refillable mug. Has anyone had any problems with this at Pop? From what I've read online, Pop is the only resort that doesn't allow this. Can anyone that's used the dining plan recently help me with this? I know AofA allows the substitution, but I hate to have to go over there every morning.

Sorry for the bad luck with housekeeping. It seems like somewhere I’ve read a suggestion to call when you leave in the morning so housekeeping knows they can come to your room. Has anyone tried this? Is it an effective way to ensure your room gets cleaned while you’re out? We will be ripe dropping and coming back for an afternoon break and would want housekeeping in the morning.

We talked to two people about this... nothing changed, unfortunately. Actually, go worse...they missed us completely. Twice..

I'm also wondering what '15s' refers to. Sounds like groups of kids from other countries?

We're visiting Pop in January, are we going to have to worry about the 15s?

I'm also wondering what '15s' refers to. Sounds like groups of kids from other countries?

We're visiting Pop in January, are we going to have to worry about the 15s?

Many of the tour groups are girls from South America, mainly but not limited to Brazil, celebrating their quinceañera (turning 15).

Although there are other big tour groups with kids/teens from all over, girls and boys.

Yes. They are adjacent at Disney Springs and all parks. I wasn’t positive about AK but just looked and they are there too.

I think the stops can change. At MK on Thursday July 12, the Pop stop was 30, Caribbean at 32, and AoA at 34.

Then on Sunday July 15, the MK stops were back to Pop and AoA next to each other, at 32 and 34.

We drove to all the other parks so I can’t report on the other stops.

I have a question about the food court at Pop and the dining plan. I have read that all the resorts allow you to substitute the drink that comes with the meal with something else since you can use the refillable mug. Has anyone had any problems with this at Pop? From what I've read online, Pop is the only resort that doesn't allow this. Can anyone that's used the dining plan recently help me with this? I know AofA allows the substitution, but I hate to have to go over there every morning.

The last time we stayed there was a few years back (sept 2015) we were able to switch our drink for a dessert at the pop food court no problems. Hope thats still the case when we go this november

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers),attend Orlando Magic games,etc.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina(MANY more from Argentina than Brazil this Summer) with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late June/July/early August for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses almost exclusively and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

This Summer has seen the least singing and chanting in the history of The 15s.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

There were a large group of young girls staying at the Pop Century resort when I was there between June 22 thru July 5, 2018.
This was my experience;
1. They all rode the regular buses and none of them sang on the bus, but they were actually quieter than most others.
2. All the ones that I came in contact with were very nice and polite.
3. They would all apologize if they brushed up against my wheelchair.
4. They would all help me pick up something that I dropped on the ground.
5. They would all go out of their way to open a door or hold an elevator for me.
6. I stayed in building #10 where many of them were staying and I didn't notice any noise.

I saw many handlers within each group encouraging them to be on their best behavior.

But as I said, this is just my experience.

Many years ago, I remember many groups were very loud.

I am sorry to hear everyone had a bad time with all of the noise with their vacations.

Wow! Amazing that this thread is over 500 pages. :crazy:

We are staying at POP for the first time at any of the WDW resorts Sept 28th-Oct 3rd. We'll be coming over after a week at the Hard Rock Hotel for my DH conference. I had a couple of questions:

* The refillable mugs that people have mentioned. Are those only good at the WDW resorts or the parks? Does anyone have a picture of how big they are? Not a huge soda drinker but if the price is worth it to split a drink with DH.

* We have put in for a early check-in as our first priority since we'll be checking out of the HRH first thing. We were hoping to park at POP and then head over to MK since they have the Magic Hours. Does anyone know if we'll be able to hit the park for that if we haven't "officially" checked in?

* How does the bus to the parks work? Is there a different bus for each park and you just have to look out for it?

I'm sure I have a million other questions but of course can't remember :crazy::crazy:

We are staying at POP for the first time at any of the WDW resorts Sept 28th-Oct 3rd. We'll be coming over after a week at the Hard Rock Hotel for my DH conference. I had a couple of questions:

* The refillable mugs that people have mentioned. Are those only good at the WDW resorts or the parks? Does anyone have a picture of how big they are? Not a huge soda drinker but if the price is worth it to split a drink with DH.

* We have put in for a early check-in as our first priority since we'll be checking out of the HRH first thing. We were hoping to park at POP and then head over to MK since they have the Magic Hours. Does anyone know if we'll be able to hit the park for that if we haven't "officially" checked in?

* How does the bus to the parks work? Is there a different bus for each park and you just have to look out for it?

I'm sure I have a million other questions but of course can't remember :crazy::crazy:
The refillable mugs work at the resorts but you can’t refill them in the parks.

I’m not sure about your parking question.

At pop there are separate lines for each park. You will see a sign that says which line to get into for which park.

From what the staff told me there is a chip in the bottom of the refillable mugs that the cast member activates for your stay only but not at the parks. I haven't tried using them at other resorts. The refillable mugs have to sit on the soda stand to allow the push button to activate. But there are other items like coffee, water, hot chocolate, and tea that don't use the chip and you can use the mug.

Will you have your tickets? Do you have to check in to get your tickets? Do you have a voucher to use at the parks? You should be able to go to the park anytime. I like to check in just to make sure they have my request and they send me a text that my room is ready.

At Pop, you will have different bus stops lines for each park to get in and for Disney Springs. At the parks, you will have to check the boards to see where the Pop bus will be located. Some resorts have multiple pick up spots, but not Pop.

Last edited:
From what the staff told me there is a chip in the bottom of the refillable mugs that the cast member activates for your stay only and not at the parks. The refillable mugs have to sit on the soda stand to allow the push button to activate. But their are other items like coffee, water, hot chocolate, and tea that don't use the chip.

Will you have your tickets? Do you have to check in to get your tickets? Do you have a voucher to use at the parks?

At Pop you will have different bus stops for each park and Disney Springs.
At the parks you will have to check the boards to see where the Pop bus will be located.
Some resorts have multiple pick up spots, but not Pop
om

Thanks Ray! How much do the refillable mugs cost?

We bought our tickets online and have linked up with our reservations and ordered our bracelets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter