Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone who has stayed at Pop in the past couple of weeks who can confirm what time the Skylier opens? Or, what the earliest time you were able to ride during your stay?

I am currently staying at Pop. The signs I've seen around say 8am-10.30pm - though they will shut down in bad weather conditions (tonight there was heavy rain with lightning so the Skyliner stopped running altogether).

I agree.... very frustrating, especially for EMH when the parks open at 8. And we have a PPO Garden Grill reservation and will be to be at Epcot well before 8.
Check the Epcot bus arrival time as soon as you get up and be on that first bus. It’s only about a 10 minute bus ride from Pop to Epcot. Buses will probably start running at about 6:30am.

How do you check bus arrival times first thing in the morning? I’ve never stayed at one of the Disney resorts. Is there a place to check online, an app to check, or are they nearly the same every morning?

How do you check bus arrival times first thing in the morning? I’ve never stayed at one of the Disney resorts. Is there a place to check online, an app to check, or are they nearly the same every morning?
It’s on the MDE app. You can only see it once you are checked into a resort and it only shows the resort you’re staying at. But I find it handy for deciding when I need to head out to the bus stop, or if I need to rush.

It’s on the MDE app. You can only see it once you are checked into a resort and it only shows the resort you’re staying at. But I find it handy for deciding when I need to head out to the bus stop, or if I need to rush.

Thank you so much! This is the first time I’m hearing of this. This will be so helpful to know. When I’m going to Disney in May the parks will be open at 9am. So for example, going to Magic Kingdom which is the park that is furthest away from Pop...do you have any idea what time I should be standing in line at Pop for the bus so I can get the first bus in the morning or if not one of the first few buses? Thanks.

Thank you so much! This is the first time I’m hearing of this. This will be so helpful to know. When I’m going to Disney in May the parks will be open at 9am. So for example, going to Magic Kingdom which is the park that is furthest away from Pop...do you have any idea what time I should be standing in line at Pop for the bus so I can get the first bus in the morning or if not one of the first few buses? Thanks.
As a general rule for myself, I like to be on the bus at least an hour before park opening. So you’d probably want to catch the 8am bus at the latest. The other thing to consider is that at Pop, buses can fill up pretty fast in the mornings, so you don’t really want to get to the bus stop at the last minute, or you may find yourself waiting for another bus.

I’d probably start heading down to the bus at about 7:30am so that I don’t feel rushed.

Last edited:
Just got back from our 8-day runDisney Wine & Dine race weekend and I just can't say enough about our 'home' at POP. I absolutely love this resort. I LOVE the Skyliner and wish they would have that go to all parks and Disney Springs. I'm already counting down the days til our trip in 361 days (stupid leap year!)

My sweet spot for being *super* early to the MK from Pop is to get in line for the bus at 7:10-7:15. But that's overkill. (I like to rope drop Frontierland at the front of the pack.)

The sheer number of MK buses they throw at Pop in the mornings is really impressive!

My sweet spot for being *super* early to the MK from Pop is to get in line for the bus at 7:10-7:15. But that's overkill. (I like to rope drop Frontierland at the front of the pack.)

The sheer number of MK buses they throw at Pop in the mornings is really impressive!
THIS is exactly what I wanted to know!! I want to rope drop, thank you so much for the information.

We’re one week into our stay and are quite pleased with our first Pop stay. Our rooms are 4254/4255 in the 60’s building and very quick walks to Classic Hall and the Skyliner. We have the added bonus of being able to watch the fireworks from our floor although the 4th floor would be perfect. The Skyliner is amazing and such a pleasant way to travel- we love it!

Very frustrating that the Skyliner is opening at 8AM. Rope drop yesterday at DHS looked nuts and I'm planning to be there at 8 in 2 weeks.

Agreed, I'm excited for the Skyliner, but 8 am start is a bummer. I want a good breakfast on my trip and had thought maybe I could ride the Skyliner to an early Cape May ADR for a change, but oh well. I'll stick with the early MK bus to my fave The Wave as usual.

We’re staying at Pop next weekend and have an 8:40 am Garden Grill ADR. I guess we’ll have to take the bus instead of the Skyliner also. I was hoping it might work out but an 8:00 opening won’t quite be early enough.

I'm going to live on the edge and hope the Skyliner can get me to Riviera for an 8:30 breakfast in January.

Is there anywhere on the app that shows the Skyliner operating hours?

Anyone have a recommendation for a good preferred room location, that has good view of lake but not too far from bus stop and skylines?

Anyone have a recommendation for a good preferred room location, that has good view of lake but not too far from bus stop and skylines?
There are no preferred lake view rooms. Lake view are standard, but the rooms in the 60’s buildings, closest to the bridge are preferred, so they’re super close to the lake and skyliner and decently close to bus transportation since you just walk past the pool and straight through the Pop building, out to the bus stops.

We’re one week into our stay and are quite pleased with our first Pop stay. Our rooms are 4254/4255 in the 60’s building and very quick walks to Classic Hall and the Skyliner. We have the added bonus of being able to watch the fireworks from our floor although the 4th floor would be perfect. The Skyliner is amazing and such a pleasant way to travel- we love it!
Is this a preferred room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter