Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - I remember reading a while back that resorts don't have alarm clocks anymore. True?

19 days until we get there. What are all of the fountain drink options at Everything Pop? We are trying to figure out what we can all drink while there.

Thank you@RaySharpton Looks like I'll be drinking Coke Zero and the kids will be having either powerade or lemonade. Really wish there would be more sugar free options, Sprite Zero maybe, this diabetic would appreciate it.

There is also a Gold Peak iced tea dispenser. I'm not sure I remember all of the flavors (there are 4) but I know one of them is unsweetened iced tea (I drink a lot of that). I think the others are sweetened, green tea, and white tea (maybe???).

I would love for them to have caffeine free diet coke and/or diet Sprite.

There is also a Gold Peak iced tea dispenser. I'm not sure I remember all of the flavors (there are 4) but I know one of them is unsweetened iced tea (I drink a lot of that). I think the others are sweetened, green tea, and white tea (maybe???).

I would love for them to have caffeine free diet coke and/or diet Sprite.

Question regarding requests. Do you lower your chance of request if you request more than one request? Between dh and I and 3 kids we are really hoping for connecting rooms. We are also travelling with friends in 2 other rooms. If we request the connecting only do we have better chance of getting it versus requesting connecting and as a 2nd request to be in same area as the other 2 rooms? And the end of the day the connecting are way more important to me than being close to the friends. Also wondering if they see us synced online as a big group travelling together do they try and keep us in the same building, or is that not a thing? Hope this makes sense.

We just got back from Walt Disney World and did spend our first night back at Pop Century and wow were we surprised with the awesome room refurbs!!

They really did a fantastic job in my opinion - the new beds are very comfortable, and the room updates were great. Love all the new little cubbies, outlets and USB charge ports. The bathroom sliding doors were nice too - much better than the old curtains. The murphy bed was neat too - if you don't need the extra bed, it was nice to have that stow away and have the small table.

I will admit, with the murphy bed down, the room did feel a little bit smaller than before only due to the larger beds - however, I would take the larger more comfortable beds any day.

Question regarding requests. Do you lower your chance of request if you request more than one request? Between dh and I and 3 kids we are really hoping for connecting rooms. We are also travelling with friends in 2 other rooms. If we request the connecting only do we have better chance of getting it versus requesting connecting and as a 2nd request to be in same area as the other 2 rooms? And the end of the day the connecting are way more important to me than being close to the friends. Also wondering if they see us synced online as a big group travelling together do they try and keep us in the same building, or is that not a thing? Hope this makes sense.
Since you have more kids then adults, you’re guaranteed a connecting room. I’m sure they’ll try to keep all your rooms close to each other. When you get there and you find out they’re not, you can always go to the desk and ask for different rooms. They’re always very accommodating.

Since you have more kids then adults, you’re guaranteed a connecting room.

Not true. There is no way to guarantee connecting rooms. It is only a request.

I’m sure they’ll try to keep all your rooms close to each other. When you get there and you find out they’re not, you can always go to the desk and ask for different rooms. They’re always very accommodating.

Yes, they will try but are not always successful.

Question regarding requests. Do you lower your chance of request if you request more than one request?

Yes.

Between dh and I and 3 kids we are really hoping for connecting rooms. We are also travelling with friends in 2 other rooms. If we request the connecting only do we have better chance of getting it versus requesting connecting and as a 2nd request to be in same area as the other 2 rooms?

Yes.

And the end of the day the connecting are way more important to me than being close to the friends.

Then definitely make that your only request on both your rooms.

Also wondering if they see us synced online as a big group travelling together do they try and keep us in the same building, or is that not a thing? Hope this makes sense.

The room assigners will not know you are traveling with your friends just by being "friends" in MDE. You will need to call the main reservations line, give the phone CM your reservation numbers and your friends and then ask the CM to link them in the reservation system as "traveling with". Then ask your friends to make a single request of "close to xxxxx" with xxxxx being one of your confirmation numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter