Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
got everything we wanted! Couple a little later than we hoped but doable. Even got FOP and SDD.
hope you and others got their wishes too!
Since we're there for almost 3 full weeks the only problem I have is that I can't see all my days yet :P I got everything i wanted though because our first ticket day is actually at 63 days and the "big ticket" rides aren't till day 67+

Not true. There is no way to guarantee connecting rooms. It is only a request.

That’s not what I’ve been told. IF you have more children than adults, they have to put you in a connecting room.

Yes, they will try but are not always successful.

I was told that if you have more children than adults they will put you in connecting rooms.

Definitely not a guarantee. I've never seen anything in writing directly from Disney (or any hotel we've stayed at anywhere) that guarantees connecting rooms. I've seen confirmations from Travel Agents that indicate that guarantee, but the TA doesn't really have any control over it. There are phone CMs who will actually say this, but they aren't the ones who do the room assignments. It boils down to some TAs/CMs will say what the customer wants to hear in order to get the "sale". The Earmarked TA we have used for years has always told clients that no matter what anyone tells you, there is no guarantee for connecting rooms...period. I believe the only exception to that is when there is a medical issue involved. Disney does their best to honor the request, though. We were always fortunate that we got connecting rooms when requested (and we travel during the busy summer months) but I always booked at Pop when we were in that situation because that resort has the largest number of connecting rooms. There are numerous reports on these boards as well as others of families with more kids than adults (including single parents traveling with kids) not getting connecting rooms even though they were told at booking that they were "guaranteed" connecting rooms because of their family dynamics. Disney will try to accommodate but it might mean not having connecting rooms on check-in day but being able to move to them the next day. If the resort is booked to capacity, it might not be possible to ever move the family to connecting rooms. While chances are pretty good that families who request connecting rooms will get them (or will be able to move to them the next day), they should always be prepared for the possibility that it won't happen. It's much easier to deal with if it doesn't come as a complete surprise at check-in.

Sorry if its already been answered!
How long would the walk take from building 8 to the skyliner please?

Just got back from a stay at POP and we were in building 6 connecting rooms 6320 & 6321. We booked standard rooms and these were very close to the elevator. Walks to classic hall were only a few minutes and the walk to the skyliner was also short. Great location.

Just got back from a stay at POP and we were in building 6 connecting rooms 6320 & 6321. We booked standard rooms and these were very close to the elevator. Walks to classic hall were only a few minutes and the walk to the skyliner was also short. Great location.

Did you request those rooms or did you happen to get them? I'm requesting connecting rooms but I would like a certain section too but I don't want to push it with the requests. lol.

Did you request those rooms or did you happen to get them? I'm requesting connecting rooms but I would like a certain section too but I don't want to push it with the requests. lol.
I used touring plans room request to request a different room in building 6 and added information of who I was traveling with and their reservation number. I also made sure to request the same building number in the online check in for Disney and called to make sure our reservations were linked and that it was noted we were traveling together.

Sorry if its already been answered!
How long would the walk take from building 8 to the skyliner please?

Measuring it out on a mapping website, it's about a .36-.38 mile walk (depending on the route taken). So depending on the walking pace, it would be about 6-8 minutes. Probably faster in the morning on the way to the park and slower at the end of the day. :D

We left this past Monday, and were in room 6334, and can confirm it's a great location in regards to the main building and skyliner.

Measuring it out on a mapping website, it's about a .36-.38 mile walk (depending on the route taken). So depending on the walking pace, it would be about 6-8 minutes. Probably faster in the morning on the way to the park and slower at the end of the day. :D
That's great thankyou! Yes, would definitely be a slower walk at the end of the day! :)

Just got back from my trip to Pop. Had a great vacation. Our room requests weren't granted, but 1) it wasn't THAT big of a deal and 2) I think it had more to do with the fact that one member of our party came in early, so we had a room-only reservation connected to to package stay (and it was better for us that those reservations were connected).

I watched a video on YouTube of someone doing a room view from Pop and it looked like there was basically just a sheet on the bed. Can someone confirm this? At home I sleep with about 3 blankets and I’m always freezing when I go to hotels. So will I need to call and request blankets for the two beds in the room when we arrive? How should I go about this? Thank you.

I watched a video on YouTube of someone doing a room view from Pop and it looked like there was basically just a sheet on the bed. Can someone confirm this? At home I sleep with about 3 blankets and I’m always freezing when I go to hotels. So will I need to call and request blankets for the two beds in the room when we arrive? How should I go about this? Thank you.

I always have to ask for extra blankets at Pop! Never a problem. :)

We asked for extra blankets and it wasn't a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!