Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: Hi, It appears that we are going to be at Pop at the same time. I was looking at the extended forcast too, way too much rain predicted for the week. :umbrella: I keep hoping that it might change! 🤞 I am a southern girl that gets cold if the temperature drops below 70, so once the sun goes down, it is going to feel really cold to me. Cold and wet is not fun. :sad: I wonder if the skyliner will run in the rain? 🌩⛈
:flower1: Hi, I could be totally wrong, but the rain may or may not arrive, 40 % chance. I'm trying not to worry about it. I'm bringing my rain slicker and boots! Lets hope for the best. Bring warm clothes. It may be chilly at night. Let's not let the rain ruin the Magic we are going to experience!

I wonder if the skyliner will run in the rain? 🌩⛈
Definitely(not sure how they determine how hard the rain has to be to cause a delay)-we rode it several times in some fairly hard rain and ALSO some fairly hard wind(I "think" they said the cutoff was 22 MPH).

It was really fun in the wind-just enough movement to be fun and not scary-we were in a Gondola with some 15s over Hourglass Lake one windy day and they FREAKED out!lol :)

Heading possibly to Pop for a 1 night stay post Polynesian stay- we are going 3/21- 3/22- just for the 1 night. Is the pool still closed at this time? We stayed here last year and I loved it.

Definitely(not sure how they determine how hard the rain has to be to cause a delay)-we rode it several times in some fairly hard rain and ALSO some fairly hard wind(I "think" they said the cutoff was 22 MPH).

It was really fun in the wind-just enough movement to be fun and not scary-we were in a Gondola with some 15s over Hourglass Lake one windy day and they FREAKED out!lol :)

Completely agree about that they will continue to run during the rain, but lightning/thunderstorms have to be a different thing. Not sure what there policy is exactly, but they definitely have to be closely monitor how close lightning has been spotted to the SkyLiner and close them down when get to close. Probably similar to how they handle lightning/thunderstorms for outdoor rides at the parks.

This has been asked before, but I wanted to just verify the process if we opt out of mousekeeping, because my husband seems very nervous about doing that, lol. I'm more environmentally cautious and don't like it when I'm staying at a hotel and they replace everything every day even when they have signs saying they won't replace towels if you hang them up -- they still usually do. So I think opting out is great, but my husband is concerned about never getting new towels. So a couple of questions:

1) I know you can call down to the front desk or whatever to get more, but what do you do with the old ones?

2) Will they come at any time of day? There is only one day we'll be in the hotel for a couple hours in the middle of the day. I would feel bad calling at 9-10pm or 5-6am.

Heading possibly to Pop for a 1 night stay post Polynesian stay- we are going 3/21- 3/22- just for the 1 night. Is the pool still closed at this time? We stayed here last year and I loved it.
The Hipoy Dippy pool will still be closed but the other 2 pools are open.
This has been asked before, but I wanted to just verify the process if we opt out of mousekeeping, because my husband seems very nervous about doing that, lol. I'm more environmentally cautious and don't like it when I'm staying at a hotel and they replace everything every day even when they have signs saying they won't replace towels if you hang them up -- they still usually do. So I think opting out is great, but my husband is concerned about never getting new towels. So a couple of questions:

1) I know you can call down to the front desk or whatever to get more, but what do you do with the old ones?

2) Will they come at any time of day? There is only one day we'll be in the hotel for a couple hours in the middle of the day. I would feel bad calling at 9-10pm or 5-6am.
You May call at any time to request towels. There is a button on the phone (not housekeeping but General Info style). Call that to request additional towels, coffee supplies of garbage bags. They will bring them to your room shortly. If you’re not there they will let themselves in and leave them on the bed. I’ve called just before leaving for a park and they are in the room when we return.

Used towels may be left outside your door. Garbage can be placed in any of the garbage bins on property.

When rain is predicted, does it generally rain all day, or is it mostly showers then clearing at this time of year?

We were there on Wednesday and it looked pretty rough. I know nothing of construction but I’d say still at least a month or so away.

We were there on Wednesday and it looked pretty rough. I know nothing of construction but I’d say still at least a month or so away.
Thank you. Did you feel like it was invasive or didn’t bother you? We have a 3 night stay in a few weeks but I can switch to cbr for the same price. I just hate those internal busses at the mods.

as long as it isn't glass you can bring any water bottle
Perfect, thank you. I'm always trying to figure out what to bring into the parks to carry the stuff I might need. It's always challenging. I'd prefer to be hands free but there's always something I need to have just in case.

Has anyone seen pics of the pool construction?
Not a very good pic we took one night but it gives you an idea.

The Pool is drained and the bottom is being completely redone.

FWIW,"talk" around the Resort was that they are now expecting completition sometime in May.

49444741783_b0ac3d3f86_c.jpg

When rain is predicted, does it generally rain all day, or is it mostly showers then clearing at this time of year?
Rain this time of year is tied to weather fronts passing through (cold fronts moving south or warm fronts moving north) and the duration of the rain depends on how fast the front is moving. Sometimes it passes in a couple hours and sometimes it takes a day or more. It is also typically more wide spread. It’s very different than the seabreeze storms we get in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!