Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been asked before, but I wanted to just verify the process if we opt out of mousekeeping, because my husband seems very nervous about doing that, lol. I'm more environmentally cautious and don't like it when I'm staying at a hotel and they replace everything every day even when they have signs saying they won't replace towels if you hang them up -- they still usually do. So I think opting out is great, but my husband is concerned about never getting new towels. So a couple of questions:

1) I know you can call down to the front desk or whatever to get more, but what do you do with the old ones?

2) Will they come at any time of day? There is only one day we'll be in the hotel for a couple hours in the middle of the day. I would feel bad calling at 9-10pm or 5-6am.

I found it easier to just grab towels from the housekeeping carts outside of the rooms. You will pretty much always see them during the day. They can give you supplies from those.

This has been asked before, but I wanted to just verify the process if we opt out of mousekeeping, because my husband seems very nervous about doing that, lol. I'm more environmentally cautious and don't like it when I'm staying at a hotel and they replace everything every day even when they have signs saying they won't replace towels if you hang them up -- they still usually do. So I think opting out is great, but my husband is concerned about never getting new towels. So a couple of questions:

1) I know you can call down to the front desk or whatever to get more, but what do you do with the old ones?

2) Will they come at any time of day? There is only one day we'll be in the hotel for a couple hours in the middle of the day. I would feel bad calling at 9-10pm or 5-6am.

I drop off used towels and pick up clean towels from the pool area. You just need to be aware of current pool hours.

I do highly recommend either bringing a water bottle with a built-in filter, or buying a gallon of water in the food court to use for your tea (or coffee, for those who drink it). In my opinion, the water straight out of the faucet will just make bad tea or bad coffee, no matter what you do to it. Your mileage may vary.
We were there over Christmas and the water from the tap tasted like spring water! I know, I know, it's Disney water you say, but I think they finally installed a filter or something.

Yes there are single cup pod style machines in the rooms.
Are they k-cups style pods or the circular ones? Wondering if we can bring some with

also wondering if you are on DDP can you go to AoA or CBR for meals?

and if you opt out of mouse keeping when do you receive the gc????
TIA. Kat

Are they k-cups style pods or the circular ones? Wondering if we can bring some with

TIA. Kat

Yes, you can eat at other resorts.
Gift card emailed within minutes.

TIA. Kat

The circular-style pods for the coffee, not k-cups.

If we have connecting rooms will there be space for a pack and play in one of them?
Yes. I’ve posted a pic a few times in this thread taken in the renovated rooms at AS Movies and it worked for us there.
The question @Feberin is asking is if a pack 'n plan will fit in a refurbished room with a connecting door.

I did a search and found this link that you posted @ejgonz2 but it appears from your pic that you were not in a room with a connecting door as the pack n play appears to be placed where the connecting door is in the Pop rooms. Did the room you pictured below have a connecting door to another room?

https://www.disboards.com/attachments/fb89e7e9-8f04-4655-bee3-72ef2daf7db8-jpeg.420849/

Yes. I’ve posted a pic a few times in this thread taken in the renovated rooms at AS Movies and it worked for us there.

I've seen a few with them in front of the connecting door or where it should be located in one without it. We're hoping to get a connecting room since my Dad and older kids will be in the other room.

We were not planning to opt out of housekeeping, because we like to come back to a clean room. However, the last time we stayed at Pop, most days our room didn’t get cleaned because we were just coming back for a nap so told them not to worry about it. Is there a way to know an approximate time the rooms will be cleaned each day?

We were not planning to opt out of housekeeping, because we like to come back to a clean room. However, the last time we stayed at Pop, most days our room didn’t get cleaned because we were just coming back for a nap so told them not to worry about it. Is there a way to know an approximate time the rooms will be cleaned each day?
I think it varies depending on how many rooms are checking out that day. If it were me I would ask when checking in if it's possible for your room to be cleaned by x:00 if possible? It's worth asking.

The question @Feberin is asking is if a pack 'n plan will fit in a refurbished room with a connecting door.

I did a search and found this link that you posted @ejgonz2 but it appears from your pic that you were not in a room with a connecting door as the pack n play appears to be placed where the connecting door is in the Pop rooms. Did the room you pictured below have a connecting door to another room?

https://www.disboards.com/attachments/fb89e7e9-8f04-4655-bee3-72ef2daf7db8-jpeg.420849/

Yes we had connecting rooms. At AS Movies the door is close to the bathroom area. I thought that was the case at Pop?

Yes we had connecting rooms. At AS Movies the door is close to the bathroom area. I thought that was the case at Pop?
Yes it is. So you have the pack n play between the coffee station and the dresser?

If so then yes, it will fit in that spot at Pop too. I was misunderstanding where it was in the room.

thanks for clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts