Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

We were offered $15 a night in August, I think it's gone down now though. We did take them up on it, but I don't think we would have done it for any less.
We need mousekeeping, we aren't camping , we usually do every other day

I just stayed 12 days at POFQ (was only supposed to be 9, thanks Irma). They never offered me the discount, even when I chose to reuse towels by hanging them up, etc. They did give me a 40% discount on the extended days due to the storm and my flight being cancelled, but that was it. I didn't even get a gift card for the limited service due to the storm. I don't understand why I missed out on this stuff. It didn't hurt my fun or my decision to go back someday, but it does leave me scratching my head.

I just stayed 12 days at POFQ (was only supposed to be 9, thanks Irma). They never offered me the discount, even when I chose to reuse towels by hanging them up, etc. They did give me a 40% discount on the extended days due to the storm and my flight being cancelled, but that was it. I didn't even get a gift card for the limited service due to the storm. I don't understand why I missed out on this stuff. It didn't hurt my fun or my decision to go back someday, but it does leave me scratching my head.
That's awful, i
Love POFQ , it's our
Home
Resort but we have found customer service lacking a few times

Thank you. After I post
It hasn't started yet. Usually new bedding, carpet/flooring (the redo at POP put in wood like hardfloor), tvs, etc. The one they did about 5 years ago was done a building at a time. The last rumor I saw was that it would start early 2018

Thank you. After I posted I found the info you provided. We will be there for 1 night in 12 days 9/29, but next August we are booked for 8/7-8/17. We love this resort, but have never stayed there.

Thank you. After I post

Thank you. After I posted I found the info you provided. We will be there for 1 night in 12 days 9/29, but next August we are booked for 8/7-8/17. We love this resort, but have never stayed there.
FWIW we were there during the last time and it had no effect on our trip.

We did online checking yesterday for 10/22 garden view room. When we clicked on room request 1 the drop down was empty. Room request 2 was empty also. Just hope we don't get a first level room by the pool. The noise from the pool is annoying in the afternoons.

We did online checking yesterday for 10/22 garden view room. When we clicked on room request 1 the drop down was empty. Room request 2 was empty also. Just hope we don't get a first level room by the pool. The noise from the pool is annoying in the afternoons.

If you paid for a garden view room that's what you will get not a pool view room.

You can call and request not to be in 2 or 5 on the poolside. Take a look at the room maps at www.portorleans.org but I don't think there are too many garden rooms poolside. Most of them are most likely in the area overlooking the playground or hot tube

Last edited:
I don't think there are too many garden rooms poolside.

The ground-floor rooms overlooking the pool area in building 5 (and some of the similar ones in building 2) are classified as Garden View, not Pool View, because the fencing restricts the actual view of the pool. Even if the online request system was working, that wouldn't be something the OP could have chosen anyway (although requesting top floor would have helped). Best to send a fax 3-5 days out.

Andre

Just back from POFQ - building 2 is now my favorite. :jester: They did offer the opt out of housekeeping. The food court is still under construction, in the seating area. I REALLY miss the old bakery area. Now the offerings are prepackaged and there seems like there is less of a variety. Biggest hassle was leaving Disney Springs later than the boats. The signage for the return buses was wrong and we walked back and forth to find the depot. Of course, the security guard also gave us the wrong answer. lol

Just back from POFQ - building 2 is now my favorite. :jester: They did offer the opt out of housekeeping. The food court is still under construction, in the seating area. I REALLY miss the old bakery area. Now the offerings are prepackaged and there seems like there is less of a variety. Biggest hassle was leaving Disney Springs later than the boats. The signage for the return buses was wrong and we walked back and forth to find the depot. Of course, the security guard also gave us the wrong answer. lol
The food court is still under construction?

Just curious, what was the offer?

I agree about missing the old bakery; the pre packaged items were unappealing, and milk shakes are no longer available there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter