Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hoping someone knows a bit how the reservations/booking works. We planned to book POFQ for 1/27-2/3 and as of today it's now showing up as not available in any room category for those dates.

Would you say it's worth hanging tight for a while and re-checking or should I just go ahead and book elsewhere because it's unlikely that any availability would open up? I don't know if this sounds silly, but is there a way to be on a waitlist for a reservation at a disney hotel

Hoping someone knows a bit how the reservations/booking works. We planned to book POFQ for 1/27-2/3 and as of today it's now showing up as not available in any room category for those dates.

Would you say it's worth hanging tight for a while and re-checking or should I just go ahead and book elsewhere because it's unlikely that any availability would open up? I don't know if this sounds silly, but is there a way to be on a waitlist for a reservation at a disney hotel
There are no waiting lists for resorts. I would go ahead and book your dates at a resort that you would be happy with. You can definitely keep checking, and if something opens up at POFQ, you can switch resorts. If you wait, there may be no availability at any resort that you’d want

Deciding between POP Century preferred, Yacht Club, POFQ ,or AKL standard room for our mother/daughter trip in late May. The skyliner isn't a big draw for us bu the renovated POP rooms are a good price with my code. We often stay at beach club, so that area with YC is also a perk for us. We love Animal Kingdom and couldn't help but notice the good price for a std with my code. I know POFQ has boat access to DS, but not sure about the speed of buses to the parks?

Here are the room-only totals for our six nights:
AKL standard: 1,692.34
Yacht Club standard: 2,052.24
PO French Quarter - 1,456.39 (king bed only, so we would have to share a bed)
POP Century preferred location: 986.42

Any thoughts on pros and cons? Ease & speed of transportation are the biggest factors for us. We aren't very adventurous eaters, so Boma, Jiko, etc aren't necessarily going to be big draws for us (although I know that they are supposed to be amazing). We have stayed at WL and liked the feel. I know AKL has a similar layout. The pool at POP doesn't appeal to us at all but we will only use the pool 1-2 times on our trip, as we are park people...We would like to try some DS restaurants on this trip...but we would need to share a king bed which isn't a big deal but for a similar price, we could stay at AKL.
Help us decide? This is soooo hard - lol

POFQ lovers...Tell me the perks of staying at POFQ over any of the above options? :)

Deciding between POP Century preferred, Yacht Club, POFQ ,or AKL standard room for our mother/daughter trip in late May. The skyliner isn't a big draw for us bu the renovated POP rooms are a good price with my code. We often stay at beach club, so that area with YC is also a perk for us. We love Animal Kingdom and couldn't help but notice the good price for a std with my code. I know POFQ has boat access to DS, but not sure about the speed of buses to the parks?

Any thoughts on pros and cons? Ease & speed of transportation are the biggest factors for us. We aren't very adventurous eaters, so Boma, Jiko, etc aren't necessarily going to be big draws for us (although I know that they are supposed to be amazing). We have stayed at WL and liked the feel. I know AKL has a similar layout. The pool at POP doesn't appeal to us at all but we will only use the pool 1-2 times on our trip, as we are park people...We would like to try some DS restaurants on this trip...but we would need to share a king bed which isn't a big deal but for a similar price, we could stay at AKL.

POFQ lovers...Tell me the perks of staying at POFQ over any of the above options? :)
Only have stayed at POFQ . The resort is pretty conveniently located for Epcot, DHS & MK. Like any resort sometimes buses can occasionally be less than great but overall our experiences have been very good. The boat to DS is much better than the buses from any of the resorts. There is also a bus to DS but we have only used that when weather conditions kept the boats from running.
It runs about every 15 to 20 minutes. During the day it is shared with POR but by late afternoon each resort have their own boats. Unless we have plans at a park or our YSH dinner, we eat at DS every night.
The food courts at both POFQ & POR are decent and where we eat most of our breakfasts
The walk to POR is about 10-15 minutes and since they are Sister resorts you can use their pools.
The site www.portorleans.org is a great resource.

I have stayed at all your choices except for the Yacht Club. I have stayed at the Beach Club twice and they are very similar so I will give my reasons as to why I would choose each resort again...

Pop...I would choose this one if I was on a park storming trip and only using the room to sleep in.

Yacht Club: I like Stormalong Bay and being able to walk over to the Boardwalk. I like the ease of getting to HS and Epcot. Nothing beats a nice TS dinner and strolling back to your resort via the International Gateway.

Animal Kingdom Lodge: Just such a unique atmosphere. I would definitely stay here if I had enough time to really enjoy the resort. I love the food offerings. The food court there is one of my favorites so it gets a high rating from me too! The animals are fun to observe and the lounge is a great place to hang out.

POFQ: I absolutely love the feel of this resort too. It just seems more laid back and relaxed than most resorts...maybe because it has a smaller footprint. I also like to ride the boat to DS and enjoy restaurants there. The beignets and gumbo are super yummy! The rooms also feel cozy and homelike.

I would never stay in a budget resort again.

PO French Quarter is my favorite moderate. Smaller, easier, good food court, the boat ride to Disney Springs. But I would not want to share a bed.

I would stay at AKL if I could afford it. I love the atmosphere. I love Boma and the quick service.... Mara? The pool is nice. Relaxed, quiet vibe.

We really found AKL waaaaay too dark when we stopped by. I thought we would like it more. Glad we checked it out first. I am thinking of doing a split stay with POFQ next time though, so thank you all for the wonderful tips in this thread!

Last edited:

It's quiet here on the FQ board!

I'm going through pictures of my past trips to FQ and just wanted to share two times that Mousekeeping brightened up my day: once when they rearranged a few of my toiletries in the shape of a hidden Mickey:

And this nice towel flower I got on my past April trip:

Taking the boat from Disney Springs to Port Orleans French Quarter. If I remember correctly, you can only get there from one particular dock (Westside?) Is that still the case? Trying to get there without having to transfer in route.

Taking the boat from Disney Springs to Port Orleans French Quarter. If I remember correctly, you can only get there from one particular dock (Westside?) Is that still the case? Trying to get there without having to transfer in route.

Marketplace Dock

My grandson will be turning 4 the day after we arrive, is there anything special I can request for him?

Just got back from a week at Port Orleans French Quarter. Overall a great week and still my favorite moderate. Some bullet points.

- We checked in at 11:30. Didn't get our rooms until 5:30. I was frazzled after being up all night on a red eye flight to get there. But, Dan in registration made it all right by comping my first night there for both rooms. A savings of $500+ :)

- I miss the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I always took them home, gave them as gifts. I miss getting the pen and note pad. I miss the color in the rooms, like bedspreads. Only had one picture on the wall. I missed the microwave but at least they still have the coffee pot and refrigerator.

- I liked getting $60 back for not using housekeeping.

- $17.84 per day to park was new for me :( but still want to have my own transportation

- Loved the food court. Never crowded. Lots of choices. Everything I got was delicious. Real dishes and silverware. We went to the one in Riverside one morning and it was packed! Our food was hot when they handed it to us but cold by the time we got through the lines and found a table.

Still my favorite moderate resort. Small and quiet. Easy to get to the MK and Epcot. Can't wait to go again!!!!

Just got back from a week at Port Orleans French Quarter. Overall a great week and still my favorite moderate. Some bullet points.

- We checked in at 11:30. Didn't get our rooms until 5:30. I was frazzled after being up all night on a red eye flight to get there. But, Dan in registration made it all right by comping my first night there for both rooms. A savings of $500+ :)

- I miss the little bottles of shampoo and conditioner. I always took them home, gave them as gifts. I miss getting the pen and note pad. I miss the color in the rooms, like bedspreads. Only had one picture on the wall. I missed the microwave but at least they still have the coffee pot and refrigerator.

- $17.84 per day to park was new for me :( but still want to have my own transportation

- Loved the food court. Never crowded. Lots of choices. Everything I got was delicious. Real dishes and silverware. We went to the one in Riverside one morning and it was packed! Our food was hot when they handed it to us but cold by the time we got through the lines and found a table.

Still my favorite moderate resort. Small and quiet. Easy to get to the MK and Epcot. Can't wait to go again!!!!
Wait, they are charging TAX on top of the parking charge?? :rolleyes2:sad2:

I am sad to read that POFQ is still having delays with getting your room. We were late getting our room in June...we arrived at the resort at 9:00 am and I knew it would not be ready as we had booked an accessible room and there are not many accessible rooms at the resort. We went to the parks and headed back to the resort around 3 pm because we were attending the villains party at the MK that night and I was hoping for a quick nap before the party. Our room was not ready and when we finally got notified that our room was ready, it was close to 5 pm and when we entered our room it was very dirty. There was food and nail clippings on the floor, the bed looked like someone had sat on it after it was made and there was only one set of towels. I went back to the front desk and they sent someone to clean our room again and they comped our dinner at the food court while the room was being cleaned. Without asking, they comped one one night's credit for the delay and the fact that the room was not cleaned properly. While I know delays can happen but it made for a very long day as the Villains party ended at 1 am.

We will be back at POFQ in 2 weeks and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to get our room before our dinner reservations so we can clean up.

I am sad to read that POFQ is still having delays with getting your room. We were late getting our room in June...we arrived at the resort at 9:00 am and I knew it would not be ready as we had booked an accessible room and there are not many accessible rooms at the resort. We went to the parks and headed back to the resort around 3 pm because we were attending the villains party at the MK that night and I was hoping for a quick nap before the party. Our room was not ready and when we finally got notified that our room was ready, it was close to 5 pm and when we entered our room it was very dirty. There was food and nail clippings on the floor, the bed looked like someone had sat on it after it was made and there was only one set of towels. I went back to the front desk and they sent someone to clean our room again and they comped our dinner at the food court while the room was being cleaned. Without asking, they comped one one night's credit for the delay and the fact that the room was not cleaned properly. While I know delays can happen but it made for a very long day as the Villains party ended at 1 am.

We will be back at POFQ in 2 weeks and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be able to get our room before our dinner reservations so we can clean up.

I think they need to hire more house keeping! And make a 3:00 check in a priority.

I also forgot to mention, we like to take an afternoon break in our rooms. But they do a "welfare check" every afternoon. Twice they woke my cousin up from his much needed nap. I was there and awake and let them in and then then chased me around the room. I couldn't stay out of the way because she had to check every light switch and flush the toilet.

I think they need to hire more house keeping! And make a 3:00 check in a priority.

I also forgot to mention, we like to take an afternoon break in our rooms. But they do a "welfare check" every afternoon. Twice they woke my cousin up from his much needed nap. I was there and awake and let them in and then then chased me around the room. I couldn't stay out of the way because she had to check every light switch and flush the toilet.

That is crazy! That should have never happened. Most people say that if you are in your room, they just look in and leave. What you experienced is just uncalled for. It's bad enough that they knock when people who may have health issues are trying to rest. But to actually come into the room and nose around (because seriously, did the lights need checked and the toilet need flushed?) is very un-magical.

That is crazy! That should have never happened. Most people say that if you are in your room, they just look in and leave. What you experienced is just uncalled for. It's bad enough that they knock when people who may have health issues are trying to rest. But to actually come into the room and nose around (because seriously, did the lights need checked and the toilet need flushed?) is very un-magical.
We’ve had several room checks at POFQ and other resorts. They’ve never just looked in and left. They always come in and flip on light switches and walk to the back of the room where the washroom is. Although I have to say, flushing the toilet is something new I haven’t experienced. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!