Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Surprised there is no freezer section. Would like to use ice packs to keep lunch cool at the parks.
Even though there is no freezer section, these are much preferable to the clear front door refrigerators that are now found in Coronado Springs. Those do not hold any cold drinks, neither cans nor bottles. These are much better IMHO.

One more question, thank you for bearing with me here!!

For our last day we would like to swim until its time to take the tragical express. Are there bathrooms with showers outside of the pool?
Yes, they are across from the pool bar.

I’m looking for input on the beds at FQ. Are they on the soft side or hard? Thanks!
good question - I like a firm mattress
Maybe because the mattress is on a platform with storage beneath, they may be a harder supportive style :)

They still do the Thank You note...we just stayed at POFQ before and after our cruise in November/December. I think the Thank You card was left on our second day of our second stay at the resort. With respect to the birthday card, I have stayed at other resorts and no acknowledgement however this past March we stayed at POFQ for my 50th Birthday and not only did I get a birthday card, but I also got a resort mug in a gift bag along with balloons....to say I was shocked when saw it was an understatement. I hope that the resort does something to acknowledge your birthday.

Wow - we will be there for our 35th wedding anniversary
I was thinking of getting flowers from the WDW florist to be in our room upon arrival.

I was thinking of getting flowers from the WDW florist to be in our room upon arrival.
I don't think they'll deliver until after you are already in the room ~ may be different with WDW Floral.

They’ve got more than half the pool deck area closed right now. There is only a very small area for chairs. The whole pool seems to be open though. There is a sign saying closed for slide maintenance. Not sure why they have to close more than half the deck for that. There is a golf cart shuttle that will take you to Riverside if you want. I noticed the shuttle yesterday and was wondering why they had it.

They won't deliver in the room on check in day. It will have to be the next day.

Just returned home from a 2-night/3-day vacay at POFQ. We were originally assigned to a room in building 6 but another came up ready while we were waiting so they assigned us to 3331. Terrific location! Near the corner closest to the arcade, so a short walk to the food court and store.

Those beignets at Scat Cats are amazing!

We had a really good stay. Customer service was wonderful. Everyone was super pleasant. Even talked to the nice gentleman who was out front.

I'm going to say that I enjoyed my time at this resort more than Boardwalk, but I think it's because how close we were to everything. Also it was much easier navigating an ECV down the walkway around the Housekeeping cart here than at BWI.

The bus situation from MK to POFQ Wednesday night left something to be desired but that's another thread itself. I will say, the bus drivers themselves were very nice helping my mom getting her ECV in and out.

We are a group of 5 adults staying at POFQ. We are early risers and will be doing EMH most mornings. How early can you get breakfast at Sassagoula and do they have breakfast sandwiches like egg and cheese on a english muffin (vegetarian in our group) or bacon, egg and cheese on a english muffin? Would like to be able to send someone to get breakfast for those that are getting ready!:coffee:

We are a group of 5 adults staying at POFQ. We are early risers and will be doing EMH most mornings. How early can you get breakfast at Sassagoula and do they have breakfast sandwiches like egg and cheese on a english muffin (vegetarian in our group) or bacon, egg and cheese on a english muffin? Would like to be able to send someone to get breakfast for those that are getting ready!:coffee:
According to the Disney webditevthe hours are 6am to 12am (midnight). Here’s the link to the current menu, just change the mealtime drop down for each meal,

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...sassagoula-floatworks-and-food-factory/menus/

do they have breakfast sandwiches like egg and cheese on a english muffin (vegetarian in our group) or bacon, egg and cheese on a english muffin?

As of yesterday (so it may change?) they did have a breakfast sandwich with ham, egg, and cheese on a croissant with barbecue mayo served with a side of tater tots. Sandwich was made to order, so we had the sauce on the side. I'm sure they can do no meat.

They’ve got more than half the pool deck area closed right now. There is only a very small area for chairs. The whole pool seems to be open though. There is a sign saying closed for slide maintenance. Not sure why they have to close more than half the deck for that. There is a golf cart shuttle that will take you to Riverside if you want. I noticed the shuttle yesterday and was wondering why they had it.
Oh no when will the slide be open again?

Hey guys!

What is the best way to get from POFQ to the Boardwalk, I have dinner reservations at Flying Fish. And then also how to get back as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter