Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hey everyone, I just have a question or 2. I have a solo trip booked for Nov 15-21 for my birthday, birthday is on Nov 17th & my DH is unable to come with me, and was originally booked at POP however I called today to see how much more it would be to move to POFQ and it was only a $560 difference so I moved. It’s my birthday trip so decided to treat myself 🙂. I am booked standard view and am wondering what the best area is for a room request that would be close to food court and busses. I know POP like the back of my hand but this will be my first time here and am not that familiar with it. Also how long is the walk to POR if I decided to check out that resort as well.

Building 4 is perfect IMO. :)
The walk to POR is about 10-15 minutes.

I know POP like the back of my hand but this will be my first time here and am not that familiar with it. Also how long is the walk to POR if I decided to check out that resort as well.

In POP terms, it's about the same distance as from the POP main building across the bridge to the AoA main building, about a 10 minute walk. Or take the boat, or a shared bus.

Andre

Hey everyone, I just have a question or 2. I have a solo trip booked for Nov 15-21 for my birthday, birthday is on Nov 17th & my DH is unable to come with me, and was originally booked at POP however I called today to see how much more it would be to move to POFQ and it was only a $560 difference so I moved. It’s my birthday trip so decided to treat myself 🙂. I am booked standard view and am wondering what the best area is for a room request that would be close to food court and busses. I know POP like the back of my hand but this will be my first time here and am not that familiar with it. Also how long is the walk to POR if I decided to check out that resort as well.
We were at POFQ in September with standard view. We absolutely loved our room location. We were in building 4, ground floor in room 4113, 4114 and 4115. Our rooms were right next to the food court and we could see the bus stop from our door, it was just steps away. It was perfect! Besides our rooms at Beach Club in 2016, these were the best located rooms we've ever gotten in all of our many trips lol. We walked over to POR a few times in the evenings and that is only a 10 minute walk. So nice and quiet.

I’m posting this question here and in the ROTR thread hoping for an answer. I’m staying at POFQ and tomorrow is my DHS day. My room is in Building 1, right next to a roundabout. Can I schedule an Uber to pick me up there or does it have to be at the main entrance? It just seems like that location might be easier.

I’m posting this question here and in the ROTR thread hoping for an answer. I’m staying at POFQ and tomorrow is my DHS day. My room is in Building 1, right next to a roundabout. Can I schedule an Uber to pick me up there or does it have to be at the main entrance? It just seems like that location might be easier.
It would be a shorter walk for you (by a minute or two) but it might be less than clear for the Uber driver. They are used to picking up at the main entrance.

Last edited:
Congrats on your first trip to our home resort, POFQ! It is a small resort so any building is close to the main building. It is not like other resorts where you have to walk a long way if you don't book the "right" building. Check out the map of POFQ and see where the buildings are located. I took a walk around the entire resort one evening in about 30 minutes. I know you will love this resort.

Congrats on your first trip to our home resort, POFQ! It is a small resort so any building is close to the main building. It is not like other resorts where you have to walk a long way if you don't book the "right" building. Check out the map of POFQ and see where the buildings are located. I took a walk around the entire resort one evening in about 30 minutes. I know you will love this resort.

Thank you 🙂

What is this resort like for small children? We would potentially be staying there in Feb 2021 with an almost 3 yo, and a 5 month old.

I would just walk to the main entrance, it will take you about 2 minutes and you won't confuse the Uber driver.

I think it's perfect ! It's one of the smaller more laid back (not so loud) resorts.
I agree. We don't have small children, but we passed the grassy play area to get to the main bldg, and there were always children playing with adults watching. There are benches for the adults, plenty of shade too. It looked perfect and was away from the pool. The children's play pad looked like a lot of fun for a toddler or younger child too.

I’m here now, and shocked at how NOISY it is...
I always bring earplugs for that reason (the soft kind). Sometimes I even just use one (I'm afraid of not hearing a fire alarm...).

I'm too alert to all the new sounds at a resort, so sometimes it's the only way I can get to sleep! :)

I always bring earplugs for that reason (the soft kind). Sometimes I even just use one (I'm afraid of not hearing a fire alarm...).

I'm too alert to all the new sounds at a resort, so sometimes it's the only way I can get to sleep! :)

I bring a noise machine everywhere I travel. I hear every noise, no matter where I’m staying.

Just home from a very long stay -- Jan 14 - 30th and now i understand the devotion to this resort, we're in love and highly doubt we'll ever stay anywhere else! Got to stay in the EXACT room i requested VIA Touring plans and it was perfect! Peaceful, quiet, and simply gorgeous. The entire resort was more than perfect for our 35th anniversary stay and I can't wait to go back. We had tons of pixie dust sprinkled on us over the course of our almost 3 week trip (started at AllStars Movies) from a surprise gift in our room for our anniversary to the credit put on our account so we could upgrade our mugs to the fancy-pants Star Wars ones.

The view from our room #7348, farthest possible room from the lobby while still being in the resort simply stunning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter