Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

That must have been a malfunction. The pools are supposed to be heated to about 76-80 degrees. Which pool did you go into?
It was the main pool. The crazy thing is that while it wasn't sunny, it was warm most of the week we were there.. low 80's, so I was surprised how cool the pool was. Encouraged by the comments here that hopefully the cool pools aren't typical.

Fairly good, probably close to 50/50 if you don't make any requests. There are 259 Standard View rooms at Riverside, of which 131 are in the mansions and 128 are in Alligator Bayou. Parties of five need to get priority for AB of course, but there really aren't that many of those staying at any given time.

Andre
Great! I think we will request, which hopefully will bump up those odds a bit. Any suggestions of best buildings to request? Looking for a standard room. Proximity to food court not a huge deal since we will only be there 2 days procures and won't be using the food court. We will use the pool and the buses to the parks.

I didn't realize that the bedding was removed from the royal rooms as well ... we are interested in location and theming and booked the Por royal room pool view... what are the differences in terms of proximity to the food court and the main areas (never been there) between the Royal room pool view and the preferred rooms? I have seen the resort maps but it's kind of hard to tell unless you are actually there.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it! We want to make any changes before the promotions come out and the availability goes down ...

There is one upper floor and one lower floor below it which are classed as Royal Pool View in Parterre Place. They are not in an especially busy/noisy location at all, apart from possibly from people in the pool. There would be very little foot traffic that would be using those stairs and going past your room.

Sorry these photos I just took are a bit blurry, I took my camera out from cold air con into a very humid afternoon and the lens kept misting up!

View attachment 264129
The corridor outside room 9728.

View attachment 264131
View from the upper floor pool-view room (9728).

View attachment 264130
The two corner rooms in Parterre, overlooking the pool. Stairs are to the right, off the picture.

Andre

This looks really nice !!

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it! We want to make any changes before the promotions come out and the availability goes down ...

Honestly, it's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. Building 14 is closer than the far side of Oak, but the near side of Oak is closer than building 27. Either way, the difference is measured in seconds. It'll take about 3-5 minutes to get from the rooms to the main building.

According to Andre's site, there's exactly 2 rooms in Parterre, both ending in 28 (on top of one another) that are Royal pool view.

Honestly, it's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other. Building 14 is closer than the far side of Oak, but the near side of Oak is closer than building 27. Either way, the difference is measured in seconds. It'll take about 3-5 minutes to get from the rooms to the main building.

According to Andre's site, there's exactly 2 rooms in Parterre, both ending in 28 (on top of one another) that are Royal pool view.

Yes I was just reading back through the thread ... so you are saying it's the same distance from preferred and the Royal Pool View? ( i'm still learning the names of all of the buildings but I will go look for Andre's map)... I am so happy we finally figured out a way to make our trip work with a split stay

Yes I was just reading back through the thread ... so you are saying it's the same distance from preferred and the Royal Pool View? ( i'm still learning the names of all of the buildings but I will go look for Andre's map)... I am so happy we finally figured out a way to make our trip work with a split stay

It's alright! They all have really charming names!

Building 14 is the closest building to the main building, by leaps and bounds over everything else. It's only about 250 feet from 14 to the main building. Building 27 is about 1200 feet away (i'm using a piece of string and a map, so these aren't very accurate).

By comparison, everything in the mansions is somewhere between 700-1000 feet from the main building, over a bridge. Only certain rooms on the south side of Oak are pool rooms. And like I said, only 2 rooms in Parterre fit, as well, so there's not as much variance between the distance in the mansions. The variance in AB is much higher. You could be closer, you could be farther.

Any tips on getting connecting rooms for a reservation. We have 2 RR with River View and are taking the in-laws, so putting adults in 1 room and the 3 kids in the other for naps would be ideal. Thanks.

We're only 2 weeks away from our 1st Disney vacation and enjoying POR!!

:mickeyjum

It's alright! They all have really charming names!

Building 14 is the closest building to the main building, by leaps and bounds over everything else. It's only about 250 feet from 14 to the main building. Building 27 is about 1200 feet away (i'm using a piece of string and a map, so these aren't very accurate).

By comparison, everything in the mansions is somewhere between 700-1000 feet from the main building, over a bridge. Only certain rooms on the south side of Oak are pool rooms. And like I said, only 2 rooms in Parterre fit, as well, so there's not as much variance between the distance in the mansions. The variance in AB is much higher. You could be closer, you could be farther.
That is very helpful!!

When I called to book our 2 rooms in Alligator Bayou I told the CM we needed a room with the fold down bed for one. I also asked that the rooms be connected. It will be DH and I, older DS and his girlfriend, and younger DS and his girlfriend. Not totally sure how we will do the sleeping arrangements but this will give us options and two bathrooms. How likely will it be that we will get connecting rooms?

Any tips on getting connecting rooms for a reservation. We have 2 RR with River View and are taking the in-laws, so putting adults in 1 room and the 3 kids in the other for naps would be ideal. Thanks.

We're only 2 weeks away from our 1st Disney vacation and enjoying POR!!

:mickeyjum

I don’t know that there is much more that you can do except fax this request including the confirmation numbers if they are separate bookings. Last December my Bff and I had Royal Rooms reserved and I faxed in a request asking for connecting rooms. It was honored. But there wasn’t someone we could talk to beforehand to make the request.

When I called to book our 2 rooms in Alligator Bayou I told the CM we needed a room with the fold down bed for one. I also asked that the rooms be connected. It will be DH and I, older DS and his girlfriend, and younger DS and his girlfriend. Not totally sure how we will do the sleeping arrangements but this will give us options and two bathrooms. How likely will it be that we will get connecting rooms?

If they pre-assign your rooms there is a good chance you will get both requests (remember that unless you booked Preferred Location, or booked for five people in one of the rooms) even the Alligator Bayou preference is only a REQUEST, it is not guaranteed. Send a fax reconfirming your requests and reasons about 3-5 days before you arrive, and make sure the two bookings are linked.

Andre

Last edited:
If they pre-assign your rooms there is a good chance you will get both requests (remember that unless you booked Preferred Location, or booked for five people in one of the rooms) even the Alligator Bayou preference is only a REQUEST, it is not guaranteed. Send a fax reconfirming your requests and reasons about 3-5 days before you arrive, and make sure the two bookings are linked.

Andre

Thanks Andre! Yes, I remember the CM saying that because we wanted the fold down bed she was booking us in a preferred room. I will make sure I send a fax before we leave. I have never done it before because we're always like whatever we get we're good with.

Hi quick question---

My sister is looking to book POR for herself, husband and 6 year old in a king room---is this in AB or can be in mansion area?

My sister is looking to book POR for herself, husband and 6 year old in a king room---is this in AB or can be in mansion area?

If you have three people in a King Bed room then you will be assigned to the Alligator Bayou section (as you would need the fold-down bed for the third person).

Andre

Quick question - travel agent has booked us a pool view (two adults plus child who will be 8). Am I right in thinking we'll most likely be in one of the mansions rather than AB as the pool views have the Murphy beds and tend to be for families with 5?

Cheers

Quick question - travel agent has booked us a pool view (two adults plus child who will be 8). Am I right in thinking we'll most likely be in one of the mansions rather than AB as the pool views have the Murphy beds and tend to be for families with 5?

Cheers
You could be in either section. AB isn’t solely for families of 5 although they have priority. If you have a preference note it on your reservation.
My pref is mansions and I always note it on my res.

I'd prefer the mansions as well TBH. I'll ask the travel agent to add a note as I'm not booked direct with Disney (as have added a few days in New York at the start of the trip).

Thanks

If possible, could someone that is there, or will be there soon, check to see which model Sealy mattress POR is using? I meant to check during my trip but forgot (mattress was GREAT for my back).

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!