Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I'd prefer the mansions as well TBH. I'll ask the travel agent to add a note as I'm not booked direct with Disney (as have added a few days in New York at the start of the trip).

Thanks
And with a pool view you should be close to the Old Man Isl foot bridge. Either in Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House. My fav location. While you’re making request, you could say: close to Old Man Island foot bridge, so they will locate you near front of pool, closer to river path, vs back end of pool.

Question - is a "King" room a separate booking category than a 'view' type? We're traveling as a group, 2 rooms, one with my family of 5, one with my parents. We have two pool view rooms booked, and really want connecting rooms - in an ideal world, we'd get 1 5 person room connected to a king room. From what I can tell from TP's room maps, there are a grand total of two spots this could work (basically rooms 2504 and 2536, with the adjoining 2Q+murphy), so it's probably pretty unlikely, just wondering if it's even possible with the two rooms booked as "pool view"? (I might consider throwing it in as a request at check-in if so, but if King has to be booked on its own, I'd skip the request!)

Question - is a "King" room a separate booking category than a 'view' type? We're traveling as a group, 2 rooms, one with my family of 5, one with my parents. We have two pool view rooms booked, and really want connecting rooms - in an ideal world, we'd get 1 5 person room connected to a king room. From what I can tell from TP's room maps, there are a grand total of two spots this could work (basically rooms 2504 and 2536, with the adjoining 2Q+murphy), so it's probably pretty unlikely, just wondering if it's even possible with the two rooms booked as "pool view"? (I might consider throwing it in as a request at check-in if so, but if King has to be booked on its own, I'd skip the request!)

http://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php

King rooms are a separate booking category from everything else, and they are scattered throughout the entire resort. The only place it's not bookable is the Royal Rooms, as there are no rooms with 1 king-sized bed in those two buildings. If the rooms has one king bed, it's booked as such, even if it's somewhere else (like the Preferred rooms, or on the "pool view" wing of a building.

It is possible, if the room is not booked, for the front desk CM to "spread some pixie dust" and assign the room to you, but it's not guaranteed. You may have to take two rooms, both with double queens.

Do the Cuisinart pod coffee makers take k-cups or is a pod something different? Newly minted coffee drinker so I never paid attention to the coffee makers in the room before!

Do the Cuisinart pod coffee makers take k-cups or is a pod something different? Newly minted coffee drinker so I never paid attention to the coffee makers in the room before!
They don't take K cups. They take flat, round coffee disks that look like round tea bags.

http://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php

King rooms are a separate booking category from everything else, and they are scattered throughout the entire resort. The only place it's not bookable is the Royal Rooms, as there are no rooms with 1 king-sized bed in those two buildings. If the rooms has one king bed, it's booked as such, even if it's somewhere else (like the Preferred rooms, or on the "pool view" wing of a building.

It is possible, if the room is not booked, for the front desk CM to "spread some pixie dust" and assign the room to you, but it's not guaranteed. You may have to take two rooms, both with double queens.

Ah thanks! Our #1 preference is connecting rooms, and like I said, I think there are literally only two rooms in all of POR where a king bed connects to a 5 person, Pool view room... so I probably wont bother trying for it :)

Ah thanks! Our #1 preference is connecting rooms, and like I said, I think there are literally only two rooms in all of POR where a king bed connects to a 5 person, Pool view room... so I probably wont bother trying for it :)

Worth giving it a go. In your fax (perhaps try 10 days out rather than the usual 5) mention that you know there are only two possible options, and even quote the room number pairs. If they can do it, they would definitely try to block those out for you in advance rather than relying on chance at checkin.

Andre

I have a standard view Royal room.on the WDW website, it says parking view. Do I have any chance to request a better view?
I am most interested in having a princess decor than anything else.
Any tips?

I have a standard view Royal room.on the WDW website, it says parking view. Do I have any chance to request a better view?
Any tips?
A standard view room will be a view of the parking lot. It doesn't hurt to ask for something nicer, but most likely you'll get what you paid for. As long as you booked a Royal room, you'll have princess decor. :)

Any tips?

We rolled the dice with no room requests on our Standard Royal Room and wound up in 9711. It is 2nd floor in Partierre Place on a corner. 1 window did look out toward the parking lot, but the other looked out at the green area between our room and the pool. Not a water view, but not parking lot either. It was very quiet and a short walk to food and buses (5 minutes or so).

According to portorleans.org it was scheduled to be completed by Sept. 15th. I am not sure if has actually been completed.

I think it was delayed a bit as work stopped for a while for the hurricane. It's not a problem anyway, only one seating section at a time is being closed, the rest is open as normal.

Andre

None, apart from perhaps the highest bursts of Illuminations way off over the trees. You can hear them though.

Andre

We most definitely saw fireworks outside on our balcony. It must have been Illuminations. We heard them first and were confused, but when we walked out of our room we could see them. We were on the top floor and I think our room # was 4304. It had a King bed and we were given an accessible room without asking which was actually nice because the bathroom was huge.

It was our first time staying at Disney so we thought it was pretty cool to have paid for a standard room and still have some view of fireworks. Was it like sitting on the beach at Polynesian, obviously not, but it was still cool IMO.

We most definitely saw fireworks outside on our balcony. It must have been Illuminations. We heard them first and were confused, but when we walked out of our room we could see them. We were on the top floor and I think our room # was 4304. It had a King bed and we were given an accessible room without asking which was actually nice because the bathroom was huge.

It was our first time staying at Disney so we thought it was pretty cool to have paid for a standard room and still have some view of fireworks. Was it like sitting on the beach at Polynesian, obviously not, but it was still cool IMO.

Very interesting! We will have to keep a lookout while we are there next month. Even if it just a few it is still cool that there is a possibility.

Very interesting! We will have to keep a lookout while we are there next month. Even if it just a few it is still cool that there is a possibility.

I thought it was a fun way to end our night! Just make sure you are on the top floor so you can see them over the trees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter