Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

We have really enjoyed our short, four night stay at POR. We have made good use of the food court, having two dinners and two lunches there. We've also have good luck with buses, although we've avoided park closing time. We've taken a taxi to a park only one time, when we were late to meet friends for dinner at Epcot and the Epcot bus wasn't going to arrive in time. Otherwise the park buses have been fine. The water wheel has been turning the last few days, which is nice.

We have really enjoyed our short, four night stay at POR. We have made good use of the food court, having two dinners and two lunches there. We've also have good luck with buses, although we've avoided park closing time. We've taken a taxi to a park only one time, when we were late to meet friends for dinner at Epcot and the Epcot bus wasn't going to arrive in time. Otherwise the park buses have been fine. The water wheel has been turning the last few days, which is nice.
It’s our fav mod. Love their food court esp the make your own pasta.

It’s our fav mod. Love their food court esp the make your own pasta.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Have a safe trip home!

Have you checked the room maps on the www.portorleans.org website? It will show you where the king rooms are located. They don't show the ramps, though.

I'll be there in 8 days and can check them out for you if you like. :)

That would be fantastic! I knew the DIS boards had great people. I would just need to know the closest room numbers to the ramp. I'll figure out the room configs from the map on portorleans.org from there.

Thanks Wood Nymph!!!

Glad you have been enjoying your stay. Have you had a chance to look for ramps or level entries to some of of the buildings near you and Magnolia Bend yet?

How was your taxi experience? Did you use Uber?

Hi, everyone! We are planning on staying at Riverside for our trip next summer. I have not stayed at POR since it was called Dixie Landings, so it’s been many, many years. We are anxious to stay at this resort; we think it looks really nice. If I’m reading correctly, there are two different sections - the bayou and mansions? We definitely like the look of the mansion rooms more and would like to stay in one of those. We are booking POR through a travel agent that offers agency exclusive deals so we are limited to a standard room. Are there standard rooms in the mansion section? We are a family of four so we only need two beds.

TIA!

Hi, everyone! We are planning on staying at Riverside for our trip next summer. I have not stayed at POR since it was called Dixie Landings, so it’s been many, many years. We are anxious to stay at this resort; we think it looks really nice. If I’m reading correctly, there are two different sections - the bayou and mansions? We definitely like the look of the mansion rooms more and would like to stay in one of those. We are booking POR through a travel agent that offers agency exclusive deals so we are limited to a standard room. Are there standard rooms in the mansion section? We are a family of four so we only need two beds.

TIA!

Yes, two different sections, and you can put in a request for where you'd like to be. Of course, they can't guarantee you'll get it, but your chances are better if that is your only request (and yes, there are standards in the Mansions). Hope you have a wonderful trip!

TIA!
The mansion section is called Magnolia Bend, so that's what you want to request, and yes, there are standard rooms in Magnolia Bend. Enjoy your visit.

I'm going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of January. I will be using an ECV to get around the resort and parks. I'm concerned about the multiple bus stops and using my ECV. In particular the loading and unloading process when there may be other guests already on the bus. Would it be best to just go over to French Quarter and pick up the bus there? Or maybe just get on at Riverside and off at French Quarter?

Glad you have been enjoying your stay. Have you had a chance to look for ramps or level entries to some of of the buildings near you and Magnolia Bend yet?
I saw ramps at the corners of the AB buildings, but I didn't keep track of how many each AB building had. The mansions didn't have ramps because the first floor is ground level and doesn't need them. :)

How was your taxi experience? Did you use Uber?
We used Mears taxis and since they are sitting there just waiting to be called, we were able to get taxis immediately when we wanted them. All of our trips to other resorts or parks were under $13 except for the taxis to and from AKL. Those cost more than $20.00. We find the Mears taxis easy to use. I think we took taxis five times, mostly resort to resort.

TIA!
We booked a standard room because that was all that the travel agency offered and I was worried about it, until we checked in. We got a lovely mansion room with a view of a wooded area, room 8724. We could see the quiet pool to our left and the parking lot to the right. It was a great room in a good location.

I'm going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of January. I will be using an ECV to get around the resort and parks. I'm concerned about the multiple bus stops and using my ECV. In particular the loading and unloading process when there may be other guests already on the bus. Would it be best to just go over to French Quarter and pick up the bus there? Or maybe just get on at Riverside and off at French Quarter?
Most of the park buses stop at the West depot first, then North, then East before going to the South depot, where the majority of the crowd boards the bus. If you went to one of those depots then you would be on the bus before the big crowd gets on. We did have an empty MK bus come to the South Depot, only, and not the other three. The MK and Epcot buses didn't share with French Quarter. AK bus shared with FQ. We didn't take the HS or DS bus.

My son and I will be checking in at POR tomorrow!! Just us, I assure you. No dog is part of our WDW plans!!
They were decorating the area outside of the lobby on the marina side of the resort for a Halloween Festival when we were there Sunday. POR really puts on a nice Halloween party. I hope you have fun. :)

Just got back, didn't run into any dogs. First time staying at riverside and its a lovely resort the bus system however leaves a lot to be desired. The park was extremely busy for the 4 nights I was there and just not enough buses running.

Does anyone have the link handy to the fax template and number that you can use to request a section of a resort (5 days before arrival, right?)?

I think my husband and I might like the AB area of POR better, so I'd like to request it and see if we can get it. We have a garden view room, so I hope that's doable. I know there are no guarantees.

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter