Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone! Staying in a Royal Room with a river view from 8/12-8/22. Is it better to walk to the main bus stop to catch our bus out of the resort everyday or to the one closest to the building? From the looks of it, it looks to be the last stop. Thanks everyone!!!

Hi everyone! Staying in a Royal Room with a river view from 8/12-8/22. Is it better to walk to the main bus stop to catch our bus out of the resort everyday or to the one closest to the building? From the looks of it, it looks to be the last stop. Thanks everyone!!!

Hi!

I would get the bus at the stop closest to your building, which I believe is the East Depot (third stop). We were just there, and also stayed in the mansions, and the last stop (fourth stop; main stop by food court) was always packed. Those that got on the bus almost always had to stand.

Enjoy your trip!

Hi!

I would get the bus at the stop closest to your building, which I believe is the East Depot (third stop). We were just there, and also stayed in the mansions, and the last stop (fourth stop; main stop by food court) was always packed. Those that got on the bus almost always had to stand.

Enjoy your trip!

The bus stop by the front entrance is the last stop?? Everything I’ve read and watched has that bus stop as the first!! Thanks for the info!

The bus stop by the front entrance is the last stop?? Everything I’ve read and watched has that bus stop as the first!! Thanks for the info!

Correct. The South stop, which is outside the main lobby, is the last stop. The order is West, North, East, South. I agree with @disny_luvr and use the stop closest to your room.

Correct. The South stop, which is outside the main lobby, is the last stop. The order is West, North, East, South. I agree with @disny_luvr and use the stop closest to your room.

So based on this, a preferred room is a lot better in terms of the bus versus a Royal room? If we switched from a Royal room to a preferred room, we would save $650.

So based on this, a preferred room is a lot better in terms of the bus versus a Royal room?

I certainly wouldn't plan my room category choice over something as relatively unpredictable (some might even say trivial) as a choice of bus stop.

Preferred Location rooms are closest to the main South Depot bus stop, because convenient access for all the main facilities is one of the perks that you are paying extra for. Most of the Royal Rooms are probably closest to South too, however many of the rooms in Oak Manor are closer to East. It's not consistent enough to really base a choice on though, you'll find out when you get there.

South is the final pickup/drop-off before the buses head off to the theme parks, so it is the best stop to use if you just want to get to the parks quickly as there are no more stops. Conversely, as it is considered to be the resort's main stop, it can be the most crowded though. (Note: South is the first stop for Disney Springs buses)

When people talk about the outlying stops being better as they are earlier in the loop (so there are fewer people already on a bus when it arrives) that only really applies for morning buses, which do indeed arrive empty. By early afternoon though, once the rope-drop families start coming back from the parks, the buses arriving at POR could be full of RETURNING guests - and if very few people get off at the earlier stops there may be standing room only until the bus gets to South where most people tend to get off.

Generally, we tend to use the South Depot unless our room location puts us much closer to one of the outer stops. Quite often we get breakfast at the food court, and then walk out to the South bus stop. Predicting buses tends to be a black art, not a science.

Andre

We are extending our Make a Wish Trip and staying here for two nights. For those two nights we will not be going to Theme parks, but enjoying the resort and doing Disney Springs for meals as well as one trip to Ohana. When going to the Poly is it best to jump on the Magic Kingdom bus and do the monorail to the Poly or grab a bus from Disney Springs?

We are extending our Make a Wish Trip and staying here for two nights. For those two nights we will not be going to Theme parks, but enjoying the resort and doing Disney Springs for meals as well as one trip to Ohana. When going to the Poly is it best to jump on the Magic Kingdom bus and do the monorail to the Poly or grab a bus from Disney Springs?
Definitely do the Magic Kingdom bus . Using Disney Springs as a transfer point IMHO is a last resort. The other option is taxi, Uber/Lyft or Minnie Vans to Poly. That would be the fastest but of course it isn't free.

Thank you!! We arrive in 38 days and I’m paranoid about the busses!
I prefer the Mansion section over the AB section. Just my opinion. The Murphy bed in AB section takes the place of a dresser.
We always use the East or North Depot, I prefer it over the quite crowded South Depot
Relax, and don’t worry about busses.

So based on this, a preferred room is a lot better in terms of the bus versus a Royal room? If we switched from a Royal room to a preferred room, we would save $650.
We stayed in a preferred room and it was very convenient for the south depot and for the main building/food court.

The only time we had bad luck with the buses was during our June trip in 2016 when we stayed until park close. Those lines were really long and we had to wait for several buses before we could get one. But that was also during free dining when the resort was very full of families. We were there last October when the resort wasn't full and the buses were fine. We didn't stay until park close on that trip, though. But otherwise it was fine. :)

I prefer the Mansion section over the AB section. Just my opinion. The Murphy bed in AB section takes the place of a dresser.
We always use the East or North Depot, I prefer it over the quite crowded South Depot
Relax, and don’t worry about busses.

Trying to relax!!

We stayed in a preferred room and it was very convenient for the south depot and for the main building/food court.

The only time we had bad luck with the buses was during our June trip in 2016 when we stayed until park close. Those lines were really long and we had to wait for several buses before we could get one. But that was also during free dining when the resort was very full of families. We were there last October when the resort wasn't full and the buses were fine. We didn't stay until park close on that trip, though. But otherwise it was fine. :)

We had huge lines last year leaving the parks at night after the fireworks. We would get up in the morning, hit a park, go back in the afternoon and swim/shower and back to a park in the evening. So we are used to the wait for sure.

Hello! I’ll be staying at POR for the first time in October. This thread has been very helpful. I have a fridge question. I read on another thread that someone had a bad experience with foods spoiling (at Pop but went on to say the fridges are the same everywhere) because they are just a “beverage cooler” and temps don’t get cold enough for refrigerated foods. We were planning to order milk and yogurt. Will this be a problem?

Also was reading that people are getting emails from Safeway that there is no longer delivery available from that store, which is what I was planning to use I guess I’ll check into Publix instacart and Dizzy Dolphin. Any experience with either of those? We will need alcohol delivered. Thanks!

Hello! I’ll be staying at POR for the first time in October. This thread has been very helpful. I have a fridge question. I read on another thread that someone had a bad experience with foods spoiling (at Pop but went on to say the fridges are the same everywhere) because they are just a “beverage cooler” and temps don’t get cold enough for refrigerated foods. We were planning to order milk and yogurt. Will this be a problem?

Also was reading that people are getting emails from Safeway that there is no longer delivery available from that store, which is what I was planning to use I guess I’ll check into Publix instacart and Dizzy Dolphin. Any experience with either of those? We will need alcohol delivered. Thanks!

When we stayed at WL and AOA we had no issues with food spoiling. We had milk and yogurt and such in both cases. They are small - dorm style - so I would just watch it with over filling them.

As far as grocery delivery, I know it’s been harder for people to get deliveries.

We were just there a few weeks ago. First thing we did when we got to our room was call maintenance because our fridge was basically room temperature. They did quickly replace it. Our milk was fine for 6 days. on the 7th day....it was spoiled and we had to replace it. So I guess YMMV and depends on your trip length.

Can't help you on the delivery service. I got our groceries from Prime Now. They do offer beer and wine but not liquor.

regards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter