Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Hello! I’ll be staying at POR for the first time in October. This thread has been very helpful. I have a fridge question. I read on another thread that someone had a bad experience with foods spoiling (at Pop but went on to say the fridges are the same everywhere) because they are just a “beverage cooler” and temps don’t get cold enough for refrigerated foods. We were planning to order milk and yogurt. Will this be a problem?

Also was reading that people are getting emails from Safeway that there is no longer delivery available from that store, which is what I was planning to use I guess I’ll check into Publix instacart and Dizzy Dolphin. Any experience with either of those? We will need alcohol delivered. Thanks!
I’ve found some differences in fridges even within the same resort. But they are all the smaller dorm fridges. I e only had food spoil once at YC. My fridge would either freeze everything then go warm. I should have called for a replacement.

Hello! I’ll be staying at POR for the first time in October. This thread has been very helpful. I have a fridge question. I read on another thread that someone had a bad experience with foods spoiling (at Pop but went on to say the fridges are the same everywhere) because they are just a “beverage cooler” and temps don’t get cold enough for refrigerated foods. We were planning to order milk and yogurt. Will this be a problem?

The term beverage cooler is a marketing term used to describe fridges that are physically designed to hold/display beverages. They will cool just the same as a fridge, there is no difference in the cooling mechanism. Having said that, with the amount of fridges/rooms at WDW along with the constant use, some do go bad. So if yours is bad when you arrive contact maintenance right away and the will bring you another one.

Also was reading that people are getting emails from Safeway that there is no longer delivery available from that store, which is what I was planning to use I guess I’ll check into Publix instacart and Dizzy Dolphin. Any experience with either of those? We will need alcohol delivered. Thanks!

We were there in June and we had no problems with our refrigerator or our milk/yogurt spoiling. We also used Safeway to deliver our groceries and we had no problem with it(the only downfall with Safeway is that their website is slow and not the best). I had asked for a 9-10pm delivery window and the Safeway driver was calling me at 6:30pm when I just arrived at the airport telling me he was at the resort. I had bad cell service and couldn't return his call, but then I got a voice mail from him saying that he dropped our delivery with bell services....we had alcohol in our delivery and a working manager at POR signed for us...POR service receiving our grocery delivery was great and above what we were expecting and they brought it to our room. We had an arrival with starving and fighting kids so we appreciated that something went smoothly.

So excited - I'll be staying at POR this weekend! As of right now it's just for one night. I got a deal on Hotwire and I'm checking constantly hoping that I'll find something for Sunday night too, so I don't have to lug my stuff around all day Sunday. It would be very nice to also take DME back to the airport for the first time, haha.

I was concerned when we first arrived that the fridge wasn't cold enough, and I adjusted the temp to the coldest setting. I unloaded the groceries and decided I'd check again when we got back from the parks. We returned about 3 hours later and the temp was fine, kept everything cold throughout our 5 day stay.

We always use Dizzy Dolphin and LOVE them!!!

If the fridge isn't cold when you arrive then crank it up and leave the cabinet door open to the fridge (not the fridge door) . This will allow the fridge to cool down faster.

Does POR have the wall mounted toiletries?

They are doing the mansion buildings first (and most, if not all, are completed already). The Alligator Bayou lodges will be done as part of their room refurb process over the coming six months (building 14 is already done, as it was the original trail location last year).

Andre

So, we have decided to add a night onto our vacation. I checked the website today, and called Disney. We can add a night, but not in our current room category (King). We would have to take a Garden view ( 2 queen) room.

I am thinking this out, tell me if my thoughts seem correct:
We have a couple building preferences, and those seem more likely to happen if we switch to Garden View because there are more of those in each building than the kings???
Downside is that we would lose the chance at a corner room because those are all kings, right?

So, we have decided to add a night onto our vacation. I checked the website today, and called Disney. We can add a night, but not in our current room category (King). We would have to take a Garden view ( 2 queen) room.

I am thinking this out, tell me if my thoughts seem correct:
We have a couple building preferences, and those seem more likely to happen if we switch to Garden View because there are more of those in each building than the kings???
Downside is that we would lose the chance at a corner room because those are all kings, right?

Not all corner rooms are Kings and not all Kings are corner rooms. This will show the room types layouts:
https://www.portorleans.org/magnolia-bend.php

The king rooms that we booked were corner rooms. I would be more concerned over the king bed than the corner room. You can always book the one night garden view and hope that a king room opens up if that is what is most important to you.

The king rooms that we booked were corner rooms. I would be more concerned over the king bed than the corner room. You can always book the one night garden view and hope that a king room opens up if that is what is most important to you.

Well, I went ahead and changed our room category to a Garden View so that we could add the extra night. Since we had the dining plan booked, I did not want to book room only for that last night, and not have the dining, or worse, have to change rooms.
Really, 2 queens is fine. We aren't booked until late Nov., so if a King room opens up for our time period, we will switch back.

The most important thing is, ONE MORE NIGHT IN DISNEY!! Whooop!

I currently have a pool view room booked from November 29-Dec 2 for me and my wife. We are coming down with 2 other couples that have Royal Rooms booked. How would I send in a request to be located as close to them as possible?

I currently have a pool view room booked from November 29-Dec 2 for me and my wife. We are coming down with 2 other couples that have Royal Rooms booked. How would I send in a request to be located as close to them as possible?
Is your pool view Royal Room? The Royal Rooms are in Oak Manor and Parterre Pl. The non Royal buildings are Magnolia and Acadian House. Magnolia and Oak Manor are next to each other.
I would contact reservations and have reservation #s connected as traveling together. Ask the other families to do the same. The best you can hope for is being in buildings next to each other assuming you didn’t book Royal room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter