Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Booked a standard room for 4 nights in February, as preferred was not available. I prefer the Alligator Bayou section, so I was thinking of putting a request in for bldg 16 or 17, which seems to be close to the preferred rooms. Has anybody requested these and if so, how was the walk to the main building, pool, bus, etc? Thanks.

We did this in 2017 but asked for 17 or 28 because we figured it decreased our odds of a parking lot view ;-) We ended up in 28. We didn’t think it was that far a walk, but we are all able bodied (no young children or elderly either). We liked the option of going to either the south or west bus stop. Both were just a few minute walk away. The pool felt very close.

We arrive at POR tomorrow! Booked a standard room and I faxed a room request through Touring Plans for a mansion room as first priority, then corner room if possible. I ordered groceries through instacart from Publix. I will report back with how things go!

Does anyone know what time POR's food court closes at night? Hoping it's quite late, as we have quick service meal plan and thinking we may want to do a late supper after getting back from a park around 9:00 or so. Can you still get sandwiches and fries, etc. at that time of night?

Does anyone know what time POR's food court closes at night? Hoping it's quite late, as we have quick service meal plan and thinking we may want to do a late supper after getting back from a park around 9:00 or so. Can you still get sandwiches and fries, etc. at that time of night?

If accurate, Google says 12 midnight for Sassagoula and 11pm for Riverside.

If accurate, Google says 12 midnight for Sassagoula and 11pm for Riverside.

Thanks so very much for the quick reply, I appreciate you googling it for me. :) Duh, I could have done that myself but didn't even think, ha ha! Glad to see it open late. Thanks again!

Duh, I could have done that myself but didn't even think, ha ha!

You wouldn't be the first one. :)

The full opening hours (and menus) for each counter at the food court are listed at https://www.portorleans.org/riversidemill.php in case that helps further. Riverside Mill used to be midnight (like French Quarter still is) but the Riverside hours were reduced a few months ago.

Andre

I see there haven't been any recent updates on the AB building refurbs on the portorleans.org website. Does this mean they haven't made any progress and are very behind schedule, or very little information is available? Thanks.
I am asking the same question. I know @andrewilley is really good at keeping things updated, but for this one time I am hoping not. We are here in 30 days for 15 nights in 3 rooms, I was really hoping for a refurbished room for that long of a trip and only have standard book. As of now it seems like my luck might not be so good.

I am asking the same question. I know @andrewilley is really good at keeping things updated, but for this one time I am hoping not.

I've not had any confirmation on progress, but have heard from a few sources that they might be pausing for a while after the 30s buildings are all done, and continuing after Christmas. Nothing official yet though.

Andre

Can anyone who has stayed at POR recently tell me if they have seen the Grapefruit and Bergamont scent body wash and lotion in the gift shop?

Can anyone who has stayed at POR recently tell me if they have seen the Grapefruit and Bergamont scent body wash and lotion in the gift shop?

According to the shop Disney parks app they have the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion but not the body wash at POR and POFQ. I’ve never had a reason to check its accuracy, but that’s what it says currently.

I told my DD I was quite sure there were hair dryers in the bathroom, but wanted to ask here to be completely sure. :)

So, are there hair dryers in the bathrooms?

Good Afternoon! We are here now and in the AB section in a renovated room...which we requested by fax... Building 35 ...we were told that all the 30 buildings were done being renovated. Everything has been great so far! We love POR and have stayed here many times and we will continue to come back:flower::banana:
Glad to hear! We’ve requested 34 or 35 so hoping we get that area too!

Good Afternoon! We are here now and in the AB section in a renovated room...which we requested by fax... Building 35.

When you are walking around, could you confirm that none of the thirties buildings that you come across have construction signs outside now? Thanks.

Andre

We arrive in 19 days and have never stayed at this resort...I have tried looking this up but i guess i am missing it. So, I have a few questions:

We booked a garden view room so what would be the best buildings to request that would be close to the food court and still in a good spot to be close to the main pool and bus stops?

How long do you generally wait at the bus stops?

Do the rooms have the shampoo and conditioner in the shower in dispensers or is it in the little bottles?

How are the Christmas decorations at POR? What is decorated? Would you make a special stop on the way to Disney Springs to take in the Holiday atmosphere?
I have stayed at POFQ years ago and loved it. We are thinking of taking a bus from AK to POR on the afternoon/evening that we will have an ADR at Homecomin', and then continuing on via boat. Is there a lounge open in the afternoon for an adult beverage?
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter