Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on the DVC Resorts forum that there are currently a bunch of flying bugs at the WL Resort. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this issue?

Last edited:
I read on the DVC Resorts forum that there are currently a bunch of flying bugs at the WL Resort. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this issue?

Unfortunately, that’s correct. My DD works at the WL marina and in her 3 years there she’s never seen it this bad. The bugs (“aquatic midges” aka blind mosquitoes) don’t bite or carry disease, but they’re ugly and very annoying!

Unfortunately, that’s correct. My DD works at the WL marina and in her 3 years there she’s never seen it this bad. The bugs (“aquatic midges” aka blind mosquitoes) don’t bite or carry disease, but they’re ugly and very annoying!
Any word on Disney trying to control them? Is it all over WDW or just at certain locations? Are they seasonal?

I've got a transportation question. I want to get from WL to the Polynesian by the most expeditious way possible, that does not involve a Minnie Van or Uber or the like. In all honesty, I want to pass by (in transit) some place that would permit me to activte my APs (so, probably MK or TTC).

In my experience the "blue" resort boats go first to Fort Wilderness and then to the Contemporary, which seems to eat up a lot of time. So, what's the best way:

1. Blue boat to the Contemporary, then monorail?
2. Red boat to MK, then monorail?
3. Red boat to MK, then boat to the Poly?
4. Take a bus to MK and then choose one form of transport to the Poly?
5. Something I haven't thought of yet?

Thanks guys!

I've got a transportation question. I want to get from WL to the Polynesian by the most expeditious way possible, that does not involve a Minnie Van or Uber or the like. In all honesty, I want to pass by (in transit) some place that would permit me to activte my APs (so, probably MK or TTC).

In my experience the "blue" resort boats go first to Fort Wilderness and then to the Contemporary, which seems to eat up a lot of time. So, what's the best way:

Thanks guys!

In our experience, #4 would be the quickest.

There are two blue resort boats. One travels clockwise around Bay Lake and the other one travels counter clockwise. If the boat that is approaching the dock is coming from the Contemporary then it will go to FW after it stops at WL. The boat coming from FW will go to the Contemporary next.

But I agree that a bus would be faster.

@ZephyrHawk - As to the second part of your journey (assuming you end up taking the bus to MK), I find getting from MK to Poly by either boat or resort monorail to be ‘roughly’ the same, give or take a bit. The boat stops at GF first before moving on to Poly. The monorail stops at CR, TTC, then Poly.

If I’m by the boat dock and see a Poly boat loading, I’ll likely take the boat. If I don’t see a boat anywhere or there are a lot of people already in line, I’ll go monorail.

Hope that helps!

We are staying at WL in February and planning to rope drop magic kingdom on Tues and Thurs morning. We are not trying to race to a particular ride but are just hoping to be through the check in before the "rope" drops. Will we be able to get there early enough if we take the boat from WL or should we take the bus? thanks:)

We are staying at WL in February and planning to rope drop magic kingdom on Tues and Thurs morning. We are not trying to race to a particular ride but are just hoping to be through the check in before the "rope" drops. Will we be able to get there early enough if we take the boat from WL or should we take the bus? thanks:)

I think it would be iffy with the boat, I would do the bus just to be sure. It's a very quick ride so even if you miss one bus, there will be another shortly behind that.

Thanks guys!
The most enjoyable way imo would be boat to MK, then boat to Poly. #3. That’s the way I use when at WL. I’m on vacation mode. :)

The boat starts running 1/2 hour before park opening, so you most likely would make it on time if you are able to get on the first boat. If you really want to guarantee rope drop then the bus would be safer.

After 4 years away, we are "coming home" to WL in February. Please add us to the log. Staying Club Level 2/21 - 2/27. I will be doing my second Princess Half Marathon and will be traveling with my husband, son, parents and aunt. My parents and aunt arrive on 2/22 and also are staying Club Level through 2/27.

Since our last stay at WL, we have stayed at all of the Epcot Area resorts and stayed at the Contemporary last February. I'm ridiculously excited to be coming back to Wilderness Lodge. I researched our first stay there in 2012 so thoroughly with the help of the DISBoards and Kook's threads (THANK YOU!)

I have what may be a dumb question but I'm not sure I understand the elevator situation since there has been construction and now Villas on the South Wing. Can we use the lobby elevators to go to the 7th floor or do we have to go down to Roaring Forks to use those elevators?

Also, we have had these rooms booked for over a month now and have not been given any notice of any refurb taking place during our stay. If that changes, I will report back.

I have what may be a dumb question but I'm not sure I understand the elevator situation since there has been construction and now Villas on the South Wing. Can we use the lobby elevators to go to the 7th floor or do we have to go down to Roaring Forks to use those elevators?
The elevators are all back to normal and you will be able to use the lobby elevator to go to the 7th floor. :)

We are hoping that a discounted room opens up for our January trip so that we can stay at the WL once again. We miss it.

So, I'm in the works of convincing DH that a trip back to Disney is a necessary thing for June 2018 and that we should stay at WL since we stayed there since 2010!! We would need 2 rooms and would prefer them to be connecting (and not adjoining), so is there a room type that would be easier to have this request granted? I've read on here that once I book both rooms I need to make sure that both reservations reference each other's reservation # and to make sure it's noted that we're "traveling together"...

Also, with the connecting rooms, are the beds both 2 queens or a 2 queens and a king or is it just up in the air - not that it really matters!!

thanks!

So, I'm in the works of convincing DH that a trip back to Disney is a necessary thing for June 2018 and that we should stay at WL since we stayed there since 2010!! We would need 2 rooms and would prefer them to be connecting (and not adjoining), so is there a room type that would be easier to have this request granted? I've read on here that once I book both rooms I need to make sure that both reservations reference each other's reservation # and to make sure it's noted that we're "traveling together"...

Also, with the connecting rooms, are the beds both 2 queens or a 2 queens and a king or is it just up in the air - not that it really matters!!

thanks!
It doesn’t matter whether you book a standard or a courtyard view room. Both types have connecting doors. You have to add it to your request and they will try to honor it. The majority of the rooms have two queen beds. There are rooms with a queen and a bunk bed but very few king rooms.

It doesn’t matter whether you book a standard or a courtyard view room. Both types have connecting doors. You have to add it to your request and they will try to honor it. The majority of the rooms have two queen beds. There are rooms with a queen and a bunk bed but very few king rooms.

Oh, I'm hoping if I don't request/pay extra for a bunk bed that they don't give us that connecting room!! We had those the first 2 stays at WL and they were FABULOUS, but my boys would be almost 19 and 16.5 and are 6'3" and wouldn't appreciate their feet hanging off the end of the bunks! HA! :headache:

I just wasn't sure if DH and I would be sharing a king together or we'd be sleeping apart in our own queen bed!

Thanks for your input!!

So, my next question is does anyone know if they have the Keys to the Kingdom tour every day of the week???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter