Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at BRV about 4 years ago when it was still Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I am looking at going there again later this year. Does anyone know if the original villas (n/k/a Boulder Ridge) received an update/refurb while all the work was going on at WL? Or was it all just about building Copper Creek and making changes to the grounds? Thanks.

I was at BRV about 4 years ago when it was still Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I am looking at going there again later this year. Does anyone know if the original villas (n/k/a Boulder Ridge) received an update/refurb while all the work was going on at WL? Or was it all just about building Copper Creek and making changes to the grounds? Thanks.
The original villas (room or building) did not receive any updates during the most recent construction. I think I read the most recent refurb of the original villa rooms was 4.5 years ago.

Is Geyser Point the only place to get a drink for the Pool area? If so, is it acceptable to go up to the bar in a bathing suit and barefoot? Or with a cover up and flip flops. Not sure what to expect, I'm used to the ones you can walk up to in your bathing suit.

Is Geyser Point the only place to get a drink for the Pool area? If so, is it acceptable to go up to the bar in a bathing suit and barefoot? Or with a cover up and flip flops. Not sure what to expect, I'm used to the ones you can walk up to in your bathing suit.
We wore our cover ups/t-shirts and shoes when we went in June. But we were done at the pool and were staying to eat dinner.

A few other times, we stopped on the way to the pool so we had our cover ups and shoes. I think my DH did go over a time or two to get some more beverages and he probably threw on his shirt and shoes.

Not sure if there is a requirement though.

Last time at GP (March) we didn't see anyone in there like "straight out of the pool". All shirts and shoes, so to speak. We sat at the bar, but were directed there from the podium. Not entirely sure if this is an actual "pool bar", but it didn't seem so.

Are kids frowned upon at Geyser Point? I know its Disney and they are everywhere but I would never bring my 7 and 2 year old California Grill (for example), just because i never know how they will be through dinner. We are staying at CC in May and would like to try Geyser point but don't want to ruin anyone's experience

Are kids frowned upon at Geyser Point? I know its Disney and they are everywhere but I would never bring my 7 and 2 year old California Grill (for example), just because i never know how they will be through dinner. We are staying at CC in May and would like to try Geyser point but don't want to ruin anyone's experience
Not at all. It isn't upscale or stuffy.

I don't know what the place is like at night, but it was very casual and family-friendly in the late afternoon when we were there. There weren't a ton of kids there as it is a bar, but the ones at the tables didn't seem out of place at all. Now, the couple we saw who sat their 3-4 year old AT the bar at Crockett's Tavern -that's ridiculous.

I don't know what the place is like at night, but it was very casual and family-friendly in the late afternoon when we were there. There weren't a ton of kids there as it is a bar, but the ones at the tables didn't seem out of place at all. Now, the couple we saw who sat their 3-4 year old AT the bar at Crockett's Tavern -that's ridiculous.

oh no I would never do that lol.
I was thinking stopping for food in the afternoon

Looking to reserve for an Aug 15-18 trip and am contemplating the Nature View vs the Courtyard view. Anyone know if the Nature view rooms are available at the upper level floors with views of the MK or are these strictly on lower level floors.

Looking to reserve for an Aug 15-18 trip and am contemplating the Nature View vs the Courtyard view. Anyone know if the Nature view rooms are available at the upper level floors with views of the MK or are these strictly on lower level floors.
Our best information is that the Nature view rooms are the former Woods View rooms at either end of the North wing, on the North side of it with balconies facing MK. The courtyard view balconies face South on the other side of the hallway.

The map here shows the bookable view categories and locations. The Standard View rooms overlook a service area, but still have a great MK view from higher floors.

The map here shows the bookable view categories and locations. The Standard View rooms overlook a service area, but still have a great MK view from higher floors.

The map where? I am not completely clueless (generally) but I keep trying to find an updated map of the rooms and what the views are but can't. I'm hoping for something like TouringPlans.com had, with clear building maps as well as view photos, but of course theirs are now outdated. Even without the views photos, can you provide a link to the map you referenced? Thanks! Staying at BRV Studio 9/1 - 9/11 2018. :banana:

The map where?
Common issue here on the board, by default hyperlinks don't look any different that normal text.
In GrandCalifornian's post above the word "here" is a hyperlink to the map your seek. I have also added the link bellow if you need to cut & paste to a browser window if the hyperlink does not work for you.

Link: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ins-information-thread.3372315/#post-52944220

Dave

The map where? I am not completely clueless (generally) but I keep trying to find an updated map of the rooms and what the views are but can't. I'm hoping for something like TouringPlans.com had, with clear building maps as well as view photos, but of course theirs are now outdated. Even without the views photos, can you provide a link to the map you referenced? Thanks! Staying at BRV Studio 9/1 - 9/11 2018. :banana:

The map itself is here: https://www.disboards.com/attachments/wl_cc_room_numbers_20180227-jpg.309265/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter