Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the nature fireworks view also. Was looking to possibly add a night before our package this August and all the categories popped up including this one. It was also the only one without a price just said it was unavailable. I booked our standard for this August when the choices were simply courtyard and standard.....then they added nature....and now this firework view in nature....I imagine now we will be on level one in the service area. Planning on being in the parks a lot this trip so we will be good!! Last time we booked standard at WL we had a room with a balcony overlooking the bus depot. Best view ever according to my two young boys! They Loved watching the buses come and go!!!

FYI, looking at rates for December 2019 on the Disney website, and they have added "Nature Fireworks View" as a room category at WL
Very interesting. It’s cool that you got the screenshot to show it. Logistically it makes sense to have a category for the rooms with fireworks views, but my concern is how much extra are they going to charge for them. Time will tell...

I see the nature fireworks view also. Was looking to possibly add a night before our package this August and all the categories popped up including this one. It was also the only one without a price just said it was unavailable. I booked our standard for this August when the choices were simply courtyard and standard.....then they added nature....and now this firework view in nature....I imagine now we will be on level one in the service area. Planning on being in the parks a lot this trip so we will be good!! Last time we booked standard at WL we had a room with a balcony overlooking the bus depot. Best view ever according to my two young boys! They Loved watching the buses come and go!!!
There isn’t a bad room at WL, however they decide to categorize them. The lowest floor with rooms over the loading dock is the 4th floor, so it'll be fine. Ironically the fireworks view there is pretty good too, so it will be interesting to see how they are categorized.
We also had one of the rooms overlooking the bus stops too, and loved watching the buses come and go. We also loved the view into the lobby from the other end of the room, and requested that location on subsequent stays.

Just booked nature view room for May 31- June 9 2019. DH and myself visited WL during our trip this past May. We wanted to try something totally new. We did not book club level this time because we want to experience more freedom in our planning; without feeling we need to be back for food in the evening. We are looking forward to the new adventure WL has to offer.

345 days to go :rolleyes:

FYI, looking at rates for December 2019 on the Disney website, and they have added "Nature Fireworks View" as a room category at WL:

View attachment 330834

ETA: And of course when I go back in the "nature fireworks view" is no longer listed; however t he site is being glitchy right now. I assume this means this will be a real view category [since they programmed it in], but when it will actually show up for booking is not known right now.

SW
But you cant book it..

I totally forgot the service views won’t be first level since WCC is on the first floor. So fourth floor shouldn’t be terrible....so I’m wondering what exactly are they going to classify As fireworks rooms? Wait until they start charging extra for the bus depot views ....but only to people with little kids who LOvE watching buses go by!!!:rotfl2:

I totally forgot the service views won’t be first level since WCC is on the first floor. So fourth floor shouldn’t be terrible....so I’m wondering what exactly are they going to classify As fireworks rooms? Wait until they start charging extra for the bus depot views ....but only to people with little kids who LOvE watching buses go by!!!:rotfl2:
ssssshhhh! don't give them any ideas!

Good evening folks. Looking for some advice please.

We have stayed at WL a number of times but this trip, we are looking at staying in a studio at either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. What are your thoughts on where is best ? Pros and cons of CC v BR ?

Its myself,DW, DD 17 and DS 3 so the addition of a pulldown single bed at BR is appealing but the ‘Newness’ of CC is also appealing and we do like staying in the main WL building. Any thoughts ? Are the BR studio villas a little bit run down compared to CC ? Any information is appreciated.

Regards

Good evening folks. Looking for some advice please.

We have stayed at WL a number of times but this trip, we are looking at staying in a studio at either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge. What are your thoughts on where is best ? Pros and cons of CC v BR ?

Its myself,DW, DD 17 and DS 3 so the addition of a pulldown single bed at BR is appealing but the ‘Newness’ of CC is also appealing and we do like staying in the main WL building. Any thoughts ? Are the BR studio villas a little bit run down compared to CC ? Any information is appreciated.

Regards
We have never stayed at either Villa option yet, but love WL in general. We decided to buy at Copper Creek during our last trip because we love the idea of being in the main building. The rooms are very fresh and new, and the views are great from either side of the hallway. Since you are considering the studio, the extra space at BRV could be a big plus though. It isn't a huge difference, (356 sq ft at BRV vs 345 at CC) but the pull down bed could be perfect. It might come down to where you can get the better deal, since BRV might be slightly easier to get if you are renting points. Either way good luck and have a great trip.

I'm looking for opinions on a standard room, with 3 adults, a 10 month old (so a pack n play), plus a stroller, and luggage for 3 adults. Do you think it would be cramped?

I'm looking for opinions on a standard room, with 3 adults, a 10 month old (so a pack n play), plus a stroller, and luggage for 3 adults. Do you think it would be cramped?
I think that’s a fairly common scenario for a standard room.

It looks like WDW has the pricing info working properly now.

If you go to the resort room rates page without having any dates entered [e.g. use private browser session or clear cookies] you can get to the view rate calenders for each room category and view rates through the end of 2019.

SW

Last edited:
It looks like WDW has the pricing info working properly now.

If you go to the resort room rates page without having any dates entered [e.g. use private browser session or clear cookies] you can get to the view rate calenders for each room category and view rates through the end of 2019.

SW

Yep, I am seeing it too, here’s the link. I am surprised (although perhaps I shouldn’t be) at the high premium placed on these rooms. These “nature fireworks view” rooms cost more than Courtyard View, and almost as much as Club Level! While Standard View starts at $332 a night, Nature View is $379, and Courtyard is $416, and Nature Fireworks is $507, while Club Level is $555. That seems like quite a premium for location and view. At least with Club Level you get something else to go with your same size room.

Yep, I am seeing it too, here’s the link. I am surprised (although perhaps I shouldn’t be) at the high premium placed on these rooms. These “nature fireworks view” rooms cost more than Courtyard View, and almost as much as Club Level! While Standard View starts at $332 a night, Nature View is $379, and Courtyard is $416, and Nature Fireworks is $507, while Club Level is $555. That seems like quite a premium for location and view. At least with Club Level you get something else to go with your same size room.
I think it is quite a price hike, too.

Have taken the plunge and booked a Boulder Ridge studio for the first week of October. Any tips on the best room to request ? Was thinking upper floor perhaps overlooking the pool. The nearer the the main building of WL the better.

Thanks
You can choose close to elevator as an option on online check in, so I would go for that. Also upper floor is an option. Personally I prefer Bay Lake side (pool view would be that side) so I called and had that added on. The first year we did not get Bay Lake side, but upper floor and close to elevator. A couple weeks ago, I left off close to elevator because I really wanted Bay Lake side and we got the furthest room down the 4th floor hallway but it was a dedicated studio so it was a tad bigger than the ones that connect to a 1 bedroom. However, my DH wasn't a fan of the walk so next year I will add back in close to elevator and see what we end up with.

Wow, an additional $175 a night for "nature fireworks view?!" I was fortunate to stay in one of these rooms during the construction when they were still "standard view" on a passholder rate. Does not look like that will be happening in the future!

Last edited:
You can choose close to elevator as an option on online check in, so I would go for that. Also upper floor is an option. Personally I prefer Bay Lake side (pool view would be that side) so I called and had that added on. The first year we did not get Bay Lake side, but upper floor and close to elevator. A couple weeks ago, I left off close to elevator because I really wanted Bay Lake side and we got the furthest room down the 4th floor hallway but it was a dedicated studio so it was a tad bigger than the ones that connect to a 1 bedroom. However, my DH wasn't a fan of the walk so next year I will add back in close to elevator and see what we end up with.
Thanks. I assume the elevator is situated toward the side of the villas closest to the main lodge building ? That sounds like what I am looking for.

Thanks. I assume the elevator is situated toward the side of the villas closest to the main lodge building ? That sounds like what I am looking for.
Yes! And if you want upper floor, unless you plan to take the stairs, you would have to walk to the elevator anyway. Just an FYI: there is a small section that is closer to the main building than the elevator but again, unless you plan to take the stairs (does anybody know if there are stairs at the end closest to the main building?) or request floor 1, you would need to go to the elevator. I also wouldn't know how to actually request that section unless you asked for specific room numbers.

Hopefully that answered your question and the add on wasn't too confusing. LOL.

Wow, an additional $175 a night for "nature fireworks view?!" I was fortunate to stay in one of these rooms during the construction when they were still "standard view" on a passholder rate. Does not look like that will be happening in the future!

Me too! I am bummed about this new category. We also stayed in a "standard view" (room 6028) in July 2016 with a perfect fireworks view. We are now booked in a "nature view" category and are headed there in 3 weeks!! Fingers crossed we get that same perfect view again! Glad we are getting one more WL stay before the dreaded fireworks view price hike. I'm thinking that paying $500+ per night for a room that's not in a monorail resort may not be worth it to my family, no matter how much we love WL.

:scared1: Yikes that’s crazy! I could be wrong but I think at that price they’re going to have problems filling the fireworks view. And there’s precious little left to book at WL as DVC is taking over most of the resort.

When we booked there was only standard which included old woods view or courtyard. I made my requests upper floor fireworks view. Oh well. I’m just leaving it. I’ll get what I get. They’ll see when I booked that it was an option.
I can’t believe how they are gouging people with prices and reclassifying views at many resorts. Last one was Poly adding $100 more for pool or marina view when before it was standard. Glad I was able to stay in Samoa before they raised the price for pool view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter