Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the resorts I have stayed out, the WL is the only one that truly relaxes me from the time we pull up to the building (always a great site) and walk through the doors.
AKL/V has the same wow/relax factor I think...Same vibe and architect ...Not sure if you've stayed there yet?

I didn't realize they were the same architect! Now I'm super excited to try AKL for the first time in Sept!
Yep , I think he might be the same for GCV too...
Get ready for a treat though. For if you love WL, I'm sure will absolutely love AKL....Great vibe there, Truly a destination when you get bACK FROM THE PARKS.. Very relaxing...Have a great trip:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yep , I think he might be the same for GCV too...
Get ready for a treat though. For if you love WL, I'm sure will absolutely love AKL....Great vibe there, Truly a destination when you get bACK FROM THE PARKS.. Very relaxing...Have a great trip:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, the same architect designed all three of these properties, and I agree that for me all three of them have that same amazing and relaxing vibe. We always take some time when we are at DL to grab drinks in the lobby of the Californian while we listen to the Disney music from the piano player.

Yes, the same architect designed all three of these properties, and I agree that for me all three of them have that same amazing and relaxing vibe. We always take some time when we are at DL to grab drinks in the lobby of the Californian while we listen to the Disney music from the piano player.
Yep...I see what you mean, although I think it actually was a lil bit better at GCV like you said....It feels just a little bit different over there.....Nonetheless, they all are excellent resorts with awesome lobbies..

I booked a Standard room for August way back in the fall when people were raving about the great fireworks views from standard rooms..
Now that they have changed the levels of rooms to specify a "Nature Fireworks" view do I need to upgrade to have a chance for a good view?

AKL/V has the same wow/relax factor I think...Same vibe and architect ...Not sure if you've stayed there yet?
Yes we have stayed there and I most say the resort is stunning. We always make a point while staying at the WL to visit AKL and have breakfast a Boma's. We like to visit resorts as well as visit the parks.

Last edited:
Yes we have stayed there and I most say the resort is stunning. We always make a point while staying at the WL to have breakfast a Boma's. We like to visit resorts as well as visit the parks.

??? I think you mean AKL if you're eating at Boma's.

I meant that no matter what resort we stay at we always take time to visit AKL and have breakfast at Boma's ;)

I fixed my previous post. You're right it was confusing.

Last edited:
Yes we have stayed there and I most say the resort is stunning. We always make a point while staying at the WL to have breakfast a Boma's. We like to visit resorts as well as visit the parks.

I meant that no matter what resort we stay out we always take time to visit AKL and have breakfast at Boma's ;)

I fixed my previous post. You're right it was confusing.

Oh. Your post did make sense. I’m sorry about that.

@Lsdolphin I don’t know. We are in the same boat. Since they only had standard view or courtyard then, I think they booked more standard views than they have inventory for with all these new categories of Woods, Fireworks and Standard. So we may be put into a Fireworks view. That’s what I have on my room request because that was an option then. And they can see when we booked. So I’m not changing it!

@Lsdolphin I don’t know. We are in the same boat. Since they only had standard view or courtyard then, I think they booked more standard views than they have inventory for with all these new categories of Woods, Fireworks and Standard. So we may be put into a Fireworks view. That’s what I have on my room request because that was an option then. And they can see when we booked. So I’m not changing it!

Sounds like a good plan to me. I will be doing a split stay between WL/Poly so guess I'll see those fireworks one way or another. Thanks! BTW I think we will be at WL at same time.

Closest Publix? Does anyone know which the closest Publix is to WL? Is it the one on Vineland? I want to pick up some fresh items for breakfasts, I’ll be driving up from Ft Lauderdale and don’t want groceries to spoil in car or have to worry about finding thermal cooler to transport. Also don’t want to leave with Bell Service before room is ready. I’ve had groceries go MIA when there’s several. And only have the arrival day for rental car before I return it to CCC.
So later in afternoon I’ll make the Publix trip. Must be Publix :) they are the only grocery store that carries my fav OJ, Indian River! If you haven’t tried it you must! They make a pretty good Key Lime pie too.

Closest Publix? Does anyone know which the closest Publix is to WL? Is it the one on Vineland? I want to pick up some fresh items for breakfasts, I’ll be driving up from Ft Lauderdale and don’t want groceries to spoil in car or have to worry about finding thermal cooler to transport. Also don’t want to leave with Bell Service before room is ready. I’ve had groceries go MIA when there’s several. And only have the arrival day for rental car before I return it to CCC.
So later in afternoon I’ll make the Publix trip. Must be Publix :) they are the only grocery store that carries my fav OJ, Indian River! If you haven’t tried it you must! They make a pretty good Key Lime pie too.

I have seen a few posts regarding the "Publix Instacart" that sound interesting. I have never used a delivery service as I would never enough items to make it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter