Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a few posts regarding the "Publix Instacart" that sound interesting. I have never used a delivery service as I would never enough items to make it worthwhile.
I’ve heard of it too. Don’t know if WL charges delivery fee per bag? But I’d rather just go to the store and look around. Never know what one may find, lol.

Nice! Hope you find some good stuff! Too bad only people in the US can get the Visa. Wish they also partnered with a Canadian bank!

Sorry. Have you ever had the opportunity to visit one of the Disney Outlets near WDW? I have been told they have some incredible deals.

I’ve heard of it too. Don’t know if WL charges delivery fee per bag? But I’d rather just go to the store and look around. Never know what one may find, lol.

I don't blame you. I would prefer to select my own produce and what ever else appeals at the time!

Closest Publix? Does anyone know which the closest Publix is to WL? Is it the one on Vineland? I want to pick up some fresh items for breakfasts, I’ll be driving up from Ft Lauderdale and don’t want groceries to spoil in car or have to worry about finding thermal cooler to transport. Also don’t want to leave with Bell Service before room is ready. I’ve had groceries go MIA when there’s several. And only have the arrival day for rental car before I return it to CCC.
So later in afternoon I’ll make the Publix trip. Must be Publix :) they are the only grocery store that carries my fav OJ, Indian River! If you haven’t tried it you must! They make a pretty good Key Lime pie too.
NVM - saw the part about leaving them with bell services.

Sorry. Have you ever had the opportunity to visit one of the Disney Outlets near WDW? I have been told they have some incredible deals.
Yes, I’ve gone to the Disney Store in the Premium Outlets on Vineland. Years ago. Never had anything except junk. So stopped going. However a friend of mine is down there now and picked up an Orangebird Dooney for me I’ve been drooling over! So I’m guessing store has gotten better! I’m going down to WDW with her in Aug so I’ll get my bag from her then :banana:

NVM - saw the part about leaving them with bell services.
For some reason Bell Service has a hard time figuring out how to deliver all the bags of groceries :confused3 more often than not. One time YC totally lost a bag of groceries, they asked for receipt which luckily I had and they sent someone out to buy the missing items!
I’ve since started to buy the Publix reusable shopping bags (they have Disney themed ones!) and tie them together with clear produce bags. That has helped!

Can anyone tell me what size kids bikes they have for rent at Teton Boat and Bike Rentals? It's been a bit tough to see what sizes they have for the kids bikes and if they would work for ours or not - we're staying there as part of a split-stay in late October and they are REALLY excited about renting bikes and riding around and up to Ft Wilderness.

We went to the Disney outlet last week, parking was a disaster unless you were willing to pay to park. It was soo crowded in the mall area and inside the store too. We thought it was a complete waste of time. If you happen to like something they have there, the deals are really great - but it's such a random mismatch of things and sizes, it just didn't seem to be worth the effort.

We have paid for fireworks view - after day 1 and 2 - our DD & DS just watched TV before bed.
You can see fireworks from the beach area at WL.
Not worth the money - unless it is a free upgrade.
We also had a view over the pool - noisy - not worth it.
Best is nature or standard.

just our FYI

With rumors that it is turning into a Character meal location after Oct. 28 but nothing official.

Dave
I remember going to a Winnie and Pooh and Friends Character breakfast there years ago. It was a much less hectic experience than the Minnie Menehune at the Poly!

Any one there now that booked Standard View when all there standard or Courtyard before they added Woods and Fireworks views?
What view did you get? Curious as many booked a long time ago before they started splitting the north view categories, so I’m thinking they booked more “standard view” than they now have inventory for.

I’m thinking they booked more “standard view” than they now have inventory for.
That’s common, and Standard View gets you Standard or better, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to have a nicer view with an older standard view reservation. We have always booked Standard View and have wound up in many different categories of rooms. It is all good at WL, but if you do get a great view with a Standard View reservation you can’t assume you will always get that upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!