Disney's World Collection-RCI???

Are you looking for a general RCI video or a DVC-specific video? RCI has lots of videos on their website, indeed, a full travel channel, of sorts.

What aspects are you hoping to describe/convey to DH?
  • Booking RCI destinations using DVC Points?
  • Booking RCI destinations using cash rental rates?
  • Banking DVC points to RCI to extend their use?
  • other?

Are you looking for a general RCI video or a DVC-specific video? RCI has lots of videos on their website, indeed, a full travel channel, of sorts.

What aspects are you hoping to describe/convey to DH?
  • Booking RCI destinations using DVC Points?
  • Booking RCI destinations using cash rental rates?
  • Banking DVC points to RCI to extend their use?
  • other?

I'm looking for a video on how someone deposit their DVC points into RCI and do an Exchange for a week or nightly stay.

I'm looking for a video on how someone deposit their DVC points into RCI and do an Exchange for a week or nightly stay.
That is a very specific type of search; DVC does not appear to have any instructional videos on their DVC>RCI launch page. Also know that the actual "step by step" process changes from time to time with various updates on either side so a video would have a fairly short lifespan.

Question: Are you sure you want to deposit your DVC points to RCI in advance of the exchange? It isn't necessary and creates an un-doable event. One would only deposit if they were attempting to extend the points beyond normal the DVC expiration window.
If you MUST deposit points, to avoid expiration and to extend their use through RCI, this action requires assistance by DVC's Member Services over the phone.

If you wish you explore RCI's exchange options, both nightly and weekly stays, you can do so without depositing your DVC points. It is "free to look." You may browse the inventory and even choose an exchange. At the point you choose an exchange, you may complete the transaction online including the transfer of DVC points to RCI and paying the exchange fee, if it applies. Start with the Launch page linked in my first sentence and follow the Buttons [Sign in], if you aren't already logged into your DVC account, or [Book RCI Online].

Beyond the "how to", be aware that trades in RCI tend to be a step down (barring a few exceptions like Hiltons in Hawaii). You would likely be better off renting for cash and using the cash to book whatever you want...

Charles, I'm curious: How many RCI destinations have you, personally, visited?

The oft-repeated, standard line, "trades in RCI tend to be a step down" is, in my view, unfair. While most DVC resorts offer "location, location, location" to Disney theme parks, there are many other timeshares that excel in their own way. After all, DVC resorts are a serious compromise, compared to many locations I've stayed, with respect to unit size, sleeping configurations, kitchen, bath and laundry.

So much depends on why you are travelling! What do you want from that specific exchange?
RCI is a great way to scratch the travel itch w/out having to own multiple timeshares. Through RCI/II, we've stayed in Australia, South Africa, Florida's gulf coast, lakefront Idaho, AZ (multiple locations), CA (multiple locations), Canada (multiple locations), VT, Williamsburg and more.

@Tigger2ntinkerbell, keep in mind that you can also sample RCI locations paying cash rather than exchanging your DVC points.
See: https://www.disboards.com/threads/sightings-of-rci-rental-weeks-offered-through-dvc.3638434/

Charles, I'm curious: How many RCI destinations have you, personally, visited?

I use DVC exclusively for DVC.

I use my non-branded timeshare which I purchased for $1 upfront (annual dues under $400) to trade in II primarily for Marriotts.

A few of the resorts I have traded for trade in both II and RCI. But trading my expensive DVC for even the nicest resorts that I've stayed in (Marriotts in Kauai, Southern California, Hilton Head or the Caribbean) would make me twitchy since I can accomplish the same thing more cheaply with my other timeshare (or typically cash...but a 1BR in Kauai would probably be worth it if I didn't have the other option. Hawaii is definitely expensive.)

Onsite WDW resort prices are a bit nuts even with the Disney perks. DVC provides enough of a discount to make onsite reasonable but I'm not going to recommend paying onsite-type prices for what are typically average resorts - based on TUG reviews when i don't have personal experience - which can generally be rented for much less. There are always exceptions but I still think that rule is valid for most situations.

... since I can accomplish the same thing more cheaply with my other timeshare
Agreed! But many, perhaps even most, DVC owners choose to avoid other timeshare ownership. Thus, I'm delighted that DVC allows us, recently, access to booking the RCI rental weeks on cash. Our choice: points or cash!

Congrats on your $1 timeshare. I had one, too ... until it folded. Loved that place and would trade my DVC to have it back "as it once was."

Finally he gets it.:-)
But when I explained that most of the Resort would be a step down, he said nope we'll just suffer at WDW:rotfl:

Finally he gets it.:-)
But when I explained that most of the Resort would be a step down, he said nope we'll just suffer at WDW:rotfl:
That is a very sad response. There are so many options out there ... why not explore? The RCI cash rentals do not consume any of your DVC points. Why not at least explore the system? Try browsing online to see what is out there and to see if any of it tickles your fancy or sparks your imagination?

Just wondering if the DVC automatically signs you into the RCI website, or do you have to sign-up and register????

Unless it has changed, I explored awhile back and I got some RCI availability and choices, I didn’t sign up and just went through the DVC website.

Unless it has changed, I explored awhile back and I got some RCI availability and choices, I didn’t sign up and just went through the DVC website.
I think it has, because it won't let me explore without signing in...... I think a year ago it worked with no problems. I don't even know if I signed up or not.

I couldn’t remember when I checked, so it had to be longer than I remembered!,

Just wondering if the DVC automatically signs you into the RCI website, or do you have to sign-up and register????
The DVC Member Website authentication will be passed automatically to RCI if you start from the DVC Member Website.

Suggested path:
a) Login as normal to the DVC Member website.
b) Navigate to [Plan a Vacation] (from the top bar menu) > [How to Book RCI]
c) On the DVC>RCI page, click the [Book RCI Online] button
d) On the pop-up dialog titled, "Redirecting to RCI," read the message and click the [Continue] button
e) A new browser window/tab opens with the DVC > RCI "B2B portal." Read the message, check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions then click the [Ok] button.

You should now be on the RCI website using a special portal for DVC members with your specific account details. Happy searching! Have fun exploring!

The DVC Member Website authentication will be passed automatically to RCI if you start from the DVC Member Website.

Suggested path:
a) Login as normal to the DVC Member website.
b) Navigate to [Plan a Vacation] (from the top bar menu) > [How to Book RCI]
c) On the DVC>RCI page, click the [Book RCI Online] button
d) On the pop-up dialog titled, "Redirecting to RCI," read the message and click the [Continue] button
e) A new browser window/tab opens with the DVC > RCI "B2B portal." Read the message, check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions then click the [Ok] button.

You should now be on the RCI website using a special portal for DVC members with your specific account details. Happy searching! Have fun exploring!
Yeah, I don't think they link is working right now, getting an error on the RCI website going from the DVC website.

Yeah, I don't think they link is working right now, getting an error on the RCI website going from the DVC website.
Since it tries to open a new browser window or browser tab ... could the error be coming from your system's restrictions? It is working for me ... frequently yesterday and today.

Since it tries to open a new browser window or browser tab ... could the error be coming from your system's restrictions? It is working for me ... frequently yesterday and today.
Not really sure, I tried a different member number (I have 3) and it worked for a different one that I hadn't tried, but I didn't think RCI trades were restricted to blue members????

Not really sure, I tried a different member number (I have 3) and it worked for a different one that I hadn't tried, but I didn't think RCI trades were restricted to blue members????
They aren't. My direct and resale member number both work. The Resale is from just this May. I believe it takes some time for your member number to be pushed into RCI if it is relatively new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter