Disney's World Collection-RCI???

I agree with @crvetter, above: RCI access isn't tied to Blue Card DVC status. However, as I have only one DVC membership ID ... I can't offer help on why the login behaviors are dissimilar between your memberships. Sorry!

Not really sure, I tried a different member number (I have 3) and it worked for a different one that I hadn't tried, but I didn't think RCI trades were restricted to blue members????
Are you a new member? I recently purchased and it took about 5 or 6 weeks after my direct purchase before I had access. Before that, I would get the error page.

Are you a new member? I recently purchased and it took about 5 or 6 weeks after my direct purchase before I had access. Before that, I would get the error page.
My direct and resale contracts are over a year old, most are at least 2 years old, so I think it is just a website error.

It's weird, it works with 2 of my accounts, but not my direct point contract?????? :rolleyes:

We have traded out for RCI several times and found a mix of quality.... some as nice or nicer than Disney, some not as nice. But never awful. Most recent was Del Coronado in California....wonderful! A few years ago Grove Park Inn, Asheville...again wonderful but not sure they are still in program. We recently looked in Germany and found what looks to be a lovely resort but not really where we wanted to base ourselves. The only two that I would say were not as nice as DVC was a ski resort in North Carolina and a place near Sedona, AZ. But, again, not bad, just not Disney.

We just do some research online then call DVC rep

Perhaps post #26 was referring to the Coronado Beach Resort, which is in RCI? (Although I tend to agree with you ... more likely this was a Concierge Collection exchange rather than through RCI/World Collection.)

I've been an RCI member for about thirty years. I own three RCI affiliated units in addition to my DVC membership. RCI availability and quality can be a mixed bag. The gold crown resorts tend to be beautiful and well worth the cost. While I get tired of the way RCI nickels and dimes me - you pay to be a member, you pay for each exchange - I will probably remain a member. My RCI membership has helped me visit beautiful destinations near and far from my home.

I'm not anti-RCI. But I would not consider trading my DVC points for an RCI vacation. It's just not good business. DVC points have much more value than RCI points. For me, it would be better to bank or rent out excess DVC points and then travel to other destinations another way. Using DVC points for cruises, the Concierge Collection, or an RCI booking are not cost effective. Anyone can do whatever they want with their points, but since I worked hard to buy mine, I choose to get a fair value from them.

I've been an RCI member for about thirty years. I own three RCI affiliated units in addition to my DVC membership. RCI availability and quality can be a mixed bag. The gold crown resorts tend to be beautiful and well worth the cost. While I get tired of the way RCI nickels and dimes me - you pay to be a member, you pay for each exchange - I will probably remain a member. My RCI membership has helped me visit beautiful destinations near and far from my home.

I'm not anti-RCI. But I would not consider trading my DVC points for an RCI vacation. It's just not good business. DVC points have much more value than RCI points. For me, it would be better to bank or rent out excess DVC points and then travel to other destinations another way. Using DVC points for cruises, the Concierge Collection, or an RCI booking are not cost effective. Anyone can do whatever they want with their points, but since I worked hard to buy mine, I choose to get a fair value from them.
You can also pay cash for RCI through DVC. I haven't tried it yet, but the prices look like an incredible deal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!