Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Was the option to have a deluxe room without club level access at the Beach Club something that was by request only prior to 2019? I don't remember seeing the category on the WDW website before 2019, although I wasn't looking for it, either. :)
Good question. I don't recall it being two separate bookable categories before this year (2018) & it continues for 2019 bookings. There was some talk about it last year at the resort but nothing official has ever been provided "in writing".

The change at the WL is a great example of being creative, since almost exactly 50% of the CL inventory was removed in the remodel of the South wing to Copper Creek Villas. The ability to add CL Access to any WL room has been well received by knowledge guests or guests that have inquired at check-in (controlled availability). Regular guests of the WL either love or hate the dormer enclosed balconies available on the CL floor, having the possibility of adding CL access at check-in for other room locations has been great.

Dave

Page 1262-1265

We switched to yacht club. :boat:

Got it!

I'll make the change next time I update.

:thumbsup2

September1-8 Beach Club

:welcome: to the forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

My family is trying our first BCV stay June 1-6, 2019. Very excited.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Excited to be heading back to the World this August for our 3rd Anniversary!! We'll be Aug 26 to Sept 5 at the YC. I'm super excited to see the renovated rooms. We stayed at the BC for our honeymoon in a renovated room and loved them but the YC rooms are looking great too!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Last edited:
It looks as if Disney has added a category for deluxe rooms at the BC that do not have club level access for 2019. Yacht Club deluxe rooms still have club level access. I wonder how Disney decides which deluxe rooms will be club level and which deluxe rooms will not. I'm probably not the only one who sees this a big money grab.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll try to keep this on my radar so I can accurately report the status/booking options for the Deluxe Rooms.

I called and spoke with a castmember yesterday to change my arrival date in October, and ended up switching from a garden or woods view room to a water view in order to keep my magical holidays discount.

The castmember I spoke with told me our new reservation was for a lagoon view, but online my reservation says water view. Is the lagoon the water area between the BC/YV and Boardwalk? And if our reservation doesn’t specify a lagoon view online, does that mean we could end up with a view of any water area and not specifically the lagoon? Thanks!

Thank you both for the advice!

My thought is to do a 8:15 breakfast at Boma, eat our fill and make our way to AK in no rush. Our first FP window starts at 10 (Kilimanjaro Safari), so I expect to arrive a little after 10. I can also push back the FP as well if needed. I was thinking Uber or Minnie van would be faster and more direct. We have used disney transportation before and while it isnt bad we are used to quicker service and sometimes drive. The only reason we aren't deciding to drive this time is that after AK we plan on hopping straight to Epcot future world.

I agree with the others. Ale & Compass is not bad (but I don't recommend the protein bowl). But it is not in the same class as Boma. Just be prepared for a potential Boma coma (so much food, so little stomach). My family also enjoys spending a little time at the resort, before or after the breakfast, looking at the art and the animals.

I called and spoke with a castmember yesterday to change my arrival date in October, and ended up switching from a garden or woods view room to a water view in order to keep my magical holidays discount.

The castmember I spoke with told me our new reservation was for a lagoon view, but online my reservation says water view. Is the lagoon the water area between the BC/YV and Boardwalk? And if our reservation doesn’t specify a lagoon view online, does that mean we could end up with a view of any water area and not specifically the lagoon? Thanks!
The old category on the website was called lagoon/pool view. The website now calls it water view. The lagoon is Crescent Lake, located between the YC/BC and the Boardwalk. But you still have a chance to get a pool view room.

Last edited:

Yes this is very confusing to most guests and even Cast members. A Water View will be views of Crescent Lake or the Quiet Pool. A Lagoon View will be views of one of the Stormalong Bay Lagoons aka the SAB feature pool area.

Normally a Lagoon view is only available to CL Guests due to layout of the 5th floors. In your case it really sounds like you are booked into a "Water View" room category on floors 1-4.

Dave

I read somewhere that if you make room requests in MDE that they override any other requests called in- and that those are not even looked at. Is this correct? We are booked in a garden/ woods view. Online I requested full balcony only, but then I called in to request to be on the “Cresent Lake” side of the building, overlooking the volleyball court. Should I remove my online requests?

Also, should I remove the volleyball request to keep it as simple as possible? We are really just trying for a garden view other than the thick trees that seem to be on the opposite side of the building.

Thanks for your help- seems like I’m asking a lot of questions these days!

I read somewhere that if you make room requests in MDE that they override any other requests called in- and that those are not even looked at. Is this correct? We are booked in a garden/ woods view. Online I requested full balcony only, but then I called in to request to be on the “Cresent Lake” side of the building, overlooking the volleyball court. Should I remove my online requests?

Also, should I remove the volleyball request to keep it as simple as possible? We are really just trying for a garden view other than the thick trees that seem to be on the opposite side of the building.

I would leave both requests alone. I have asked at the check in desk if they can see both the online request and the called in request and I have been told that they see both of them. We had a garden view room overlooking the volleyball court and we could see the lake front the balcony. It was a much better view than the trees by Epcot. :)

Like the PP, I’d leave both requests alone. We stayed at the YC two weeks ago and booked a woods/garden view room. I requested a view of the gazebo. We checked in pretty early as this was the second part of our split stay and we were already on property. The CM checking us in was so worried about getting us a room that was ready, that she overlooked my request and she was going to put us in a room that overlooked the quiet pool. I asked her if there were any rooms that overlooked the gazebo that would be available later. She checked and there was, and then she mentioned my request. I’m so glad we waited (even though it was only an additional hour). Our room and view was amazing. All that, to say, if you get there and you are assigned a room that you don’t like or doesn’t meet your requests, just ask if they have another one available. They do want to make you happy and will do their best to accommodate you. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I love the Boma breakfast! I haven't dined at the new Ale & Compass in the morning. They just reinstated the buffet there last week, and as part of the buffet, you can add one of the featured entrees. My friend who was staying at the resort ate there every morning before going to the pool.

Here are the current menus- also posted on Page 1, Post 7.

OOhhh that is interesting! Maybe we can do that on a different day at beach club. Ive been dying to try the boma breakfast though and I'm happy my boyfriend is on board with the idea!!

Just booked our Christmas vacation at Yacht Club Dec. 20th-24th. We have never stayed there and we have not been during the holidays in about 10 years. So definitely looking forward to it! I booked a water view room. Has anyone requested a King room and been successful?...

I agree with the others. Ale & Compass is not bad (but I don't recommend the protein bowl). But it is not in the same class as Boma. Just be prepared for a potential Boma coma (so much food, so little stomach). My family also enjoys spending a little time at the resort, before or after the breakfast, looking at the art and the animals.
Well our reservation is early and our first FP is Kilimanjaro safari starting from 10 - 11. I may push it back slightly just to accommodate for resort exploring. I've been there before but he hasnt :)

Just booked our Christmas vacation at Yacht Club Dec. 20th-24th. We have never stayed there and we have not been during the holidays in about 10 years. So definitely looking forward to it! I booked a water view room. Has anyone requested a King room and been successful?...

We did, on our May trip. Got a great one, definitely a water view since it directly overlooked SAB, even though we’d only booked std view. We always make that our only request, and we’ve had really good luck getting a king bed.

We requested a king and go it in June. We unfortunately ended up moving to a two queen room because the king was an adjoining room with an unhappy baby and it was not something I wanted to listen to on an adults only trip. They did offer us another king size on the bottom floor but we gave up the king for a higher floor

I would leave both requests alone. I have asked at the check in desk if they can see both the online request and the called in request and I have been told that they see both of them. We had a garden view room overlooking the volleyball court and we could see the lake front the balcony. It was a much better view than the trees by Epcot. :)
That would be so wonderful - fingers crossed! We don’t land until 4:00 so we won’t be getting there very early...

Yes, we lucked out twice out of five times and received the king bed. I think it's just the luck of the draw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter