Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I wish someone had a map of the room views that was updated and correct. The map on Touring Plans is a joke. I looked at the room we had at the Yacht Club and it stated it was a Garden View, but we were looking straight at a quite pool off of our balcony the whole time.

Thanks! I check rates about daily. It didn't seem like their usual discount but I was looking for a Friday which I know usually is a higher rate. I may have her recheck that rate. I will probably keep stalking for a spring/summer discount or hopefully a better AP rate. We didn't stay at BC this summer and although I really loved our stay at SSR & AKL, my heart belongs to BC!
It looks like May 1st and 3rd week of May are not offered for their special rates. Also, the current offer goes only as far as May 29.

Last edited:
It looks like May 1st and 3rd week of May are not offered for their special rates. Also, the current offer goes only as far as May 29.

We're looking for 5/24-5/26. I would prefer to finish our stay there but if it doesn't work out it won't ruin our trip. I love trying the other resorts but just can't beat the feeling at BC/YC.

I wish someone had a map of the room views that was updated and correct. The map on Touring Plans is a joke. I looked at the room we had at the Yacht Club and it stated it was a Garden View, but we were looking straight at a quite pool off of our balcony the whole time.

We wish we had one, too.

::yes::

Not Yacht Club but I found this page very helpful for BCV. Not sure if this info is in this thread already or not. Sorry if it is a repeat

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

if you took a picture, you can send it to them. I have sent several pictures to them of rooms we've been in and they have always posted them.

Hello! Soooo happy I found this thread! We are taking a family trip with a split stay to VGF Nov 20-25, and BCV Nov 25-29. I just read over the last 30 or so pages of the thread.

Slightly concerned about the person who's bag was lost in transfer between two resorts. We are transferring luggage for 8 people from 2 villas at GF to 2 villas at BC.

You all seem very helpful, so I have 2 questions I am hoping you can answer.

Question 1: Do the resorts have coolers to use for transferring refrigerated items? If so, do we just call down to the bell hop at GF and request they bring one up?

Question 2: I see a lot of posts about small vs large balconies at BC. Does the same apply to BCV? Any suggestions for specific 1 and 2 bedroom rooms to request?

Thank you all!

I would love advice on Beach Club rooms. The most important thing for me is that it is quiet (and also has a full balcony so we can go there and let DD who has autism have quiet space in the room on her own at times). I do not want to be woken by the noise of others at 6.30am like at PORS.

When we are allocated our room (garden view) what should I look out for? I assume that we do not want to be near elevators but I don’t know what else could increase noise to our room.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me.

We had room 2530 last year which I think may suit your needs, it was so quiet with a stairwell on one side and no connecting door, we didn't hear anyone in 2 weeks from either side and only occasionally from the hallway but towels rolled up by the door helped greatly.
Location wise it was a walk to the lobby but on the good side it was close to the Epcot secret door and the quiet pool and laundry were both very close!

Not true, in regards to it ending on May 29. They can extend the rates for a few days before or after the dates as long as you are there during the actual dates, if that makes sense. At least that was what I was told. For example, I am booked 5/28-5/31 with the rate.

Other requests you can make (by calling in, not online) are close to elevator/lobby/transportation/pool, daybed, connecting (or not-connecting) rooms.

Would you recommend calling in before or after checking in online?

And is a king room an option as online request while checking in?

Many thanks!

if you took a picture, you can send it to them. I have sent several pictures to them of rooms we've been in and they have always posted them.
Its not really the picture, its the actual room view category on each room. If you will look on Touring Plans, they have so very few rooms listed as Standard View, but there are many more than that. It is way off.

I would love advice on Beach Club rooms. The most important thing for me is that it is quiet (and also has a full balcony so we can go there and let DD who has autism have quiet space in the room on her own at times). I do not want to be woken by the noise of others at 6.30am like at PORS.

When we are allocated our room (garden view) what should I look out for? I assume that we do not want to be near elevators but I don’t know what else could increase noise to our room.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me.

You could request "full balcony" and "quiet location". But if the resort is full, they'll have to put other guests around you. Then you have to hope for considerate neighbors.

Would you recommend calling in before or after checking in online?

And is a king room an option as online request while checking in?

Many thanks!

It is best to call in your requests. There are few options at online check in, but be sure if you do add something it doesn't conflict with what you have already added.
There are very few King beds, so don't get your hopes up too high for one

Not true, in regards to it ending on May 29. They can extend the rates for a few days before or after the dates as long as you are there during the actual dates, if that makes sense. At least that was what I was told. For example, I am booked 5/28-5/31 with the rate.
Yes, I realize that. The dates they post are check-in dates.

Question 2: I see a lot of posts about small vs large balconies at BC. Does the same apply to BCV? Any suggestions for specific 1 and 2 bedroom rooms to request?
The design of the BCV is different than that of the BC. All of the villas will have balconies. There is a little variety to the balconies, though. Every studio will have a balcony. Every one bedroom villa will have at least one balcony for the living room. Some of the master bedrooms in a villa will have a balcony and some won't.

Stay away from a first floor room. You get more people walking through the hallways, talking, on the first floor than any other hall. Otherwise, just ask for a quiet location. Most of the garden view rooms are relatively quiet anyway. :)

Can anyone tell me if the pool will be open in February and if it is heated? We are heading down for the High School National Cheer Championships and then plan on extending our stay for a week and a nicer hotel. Look for some place new we have stayed at CBR, CSR and OKW. I really like the feel of the Beach Club.

Just curious but do you know when in Feb you will be down there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter