Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I would love advice on Beach Club rooms. The most important thing for me is that it is quiet (and also has a full balcony so we can go there and let DD who has autism have quiet space in the room on her own at times). I do not want to be woken by the noise of others at 6.30am like at PORS.

When we are allocated our room (garden view) what should I look out for? I assume that we do not want to be near elevators but I don’t know what else could increase noise to our room.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give me.

Maybe I'm misreading your post, but you seem to mention a full balcony almost as an afterthought. If a full balcony is important to you, then you need to make sure you request it. Not all Beach Club rooms have full balconies. (I don't know the percentage.)

Page 1034-1038

Thanks once again to everyone answering questions here before I get to them!!!

It is going to be a busy week ahead for me. I leave on Friday for my first Disney cruise, on the Fantasy with Teena.

I'M.BEYOND.EXCITED

:sail:

I need to get everything in order for the guys I am leaving back at home, prep some food to make my time away easier on them (Who am I kidding, they are mostly doing takeout)

At least I am mostly packed since I never emptied my luggage from the cancelled cruise.

I also have a couple of long days at work ahead.

IMG_1379[1].JPG

Me and my favorite rooster, Rusty. Yes, I have a favorite rooster.

:sunny:

We returned to reality today after an absolutely fabulous, fun and relaxing trip.

Thank you so much for the great, detailed report, your room review and the mattress label.

When you get a chance, would you mind adding your room view pictures and description to the View Thread?

Beach Club Room Views

:banana::banana::banana:

:thanks:

We are heading back to the BC in December (11-23). Its been 3 years since our last visit as have been too busy doing DLR and DCL..LOL! So what has changed in those 3 years? Any tips from the regulars on thing to do, see, eat?

Also this is the first time we are not doing CL, but just plain old regular garden view. We have DCL WC straight after this, so just couldn't justify the additional cost for CL. Please let me know if there are fridges in the rooms and is it worth getting some Amazon deliveries?

We want a room closes to Epcot side and quiet pool, is there a particular wing I should request?

Lots of questions, so thanks in advance, off to check out the FAQs on the front page.

Cheers
Angela

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:cool1:

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Beach Club! It was so nice to meet Mommaberd on the bus and in the hallways. It looks like our room 4608 was the same as 4553. No daybed but a wonderful full balcony, we overlooked the villas courtyard. Luckily the room photo thread had a photo of this exact room so I knew where we were gong to be before we even boarded the airplane. If you don't need the daybed I would definitely request this room.

The weather was great not too hot and no rain. We attended the MNSSNP on the 17th and I was glad to try this event. You can't beat the Beach Club for access to Food and Wine! I really like walking into France getting breakfast and walking back to get ready for the day. All in all it was a fantastic trip to celebrate that our twins are off to college. I am already trying to figure out how to get back.

Thanks for your comments. So glad to hear you had a great time!

:goodvibes

Hello! Soooo happy I found this thread! We are taking a family trip with a split stay to VGF Nov 20-25, and BCV Nov 25-29. I just read over the last 30 or so pages of the thread.

Slightly concerned about the person who's bag was lost in transfer between two resorts. We are transferring luggage for 8 people from 2 villas at GF to 2 villas at BC.

You all seem very helpful, so I have 2 questions I am hoping you can answer.

Question 1: Do the resorts have coolers to use for transferring refrigerated items? If so, do we just call down to the bell hop at GF and request they bring one up?

Question 2: I see a lot of posts about small vs large balconies at BC. Does the same apply to BCV? Any suggestions for specific 1 and 2 bedroom rooms to request?

Thank you all!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:dogdance:

I defer to others on this thread who have far more knowledge about the villas than I do.

::yes::

Last edited:
Just got back from an awesome week at the YC! We were in room 4116, which was so quiet compared to our room back in May! Never heard a peep from the neighbors except for once when they were out on the balcony. We noticed they added the soft close feature to the bathroom door which hadn’t been in our previous room, so that probably helped with all the bangs we had heard before. The only downside to our room was since it was a smaller one, it didn’t have the room for the barn door to separate the vanity area, which we really missed.

Overall it was a great stay, crowds seemed super low at the beginning of the week but picked up a bit on Thursday through the weekend. Stormalong bay was awesome as always, and they switched out the lounge chairs with padded ones on our second day which are super comfy! Although it seems they reduced the overall number of lounge chairs when they did that.

We did have some issues with the bus service this trip. One day we waited 51 minutes for a bus to the MK. We ended up being late for our ADR because of that. We've always had great luck with the buses before, never waiting more than 5-10 minutes at the YC, but this trip we consistently waited about 30 minutes and then that annoyingly long 51 minute wait!

Sad to have to leave, but now we get to start planning next years trip which is half the fun!

Last edited:

We returned to reality today after an absolutely fabulous, fun and relaxing trip. I even met (unexpectedly) a couple of DIS'ers, including @debelfish who was also staying at BC. She used Dee's name in conversation and I *knew* she hung out here!

We arrived late Thursday night and had not received our room assignment. So, checked in at front desk. After the CM gave us our room assignment, I politely asked to see where we would be on the map because I had a feeling...yep - over the porte cochere. I asked (begged) if they could please, please move me to a different room and explained my previous experience with the loud noises. I told them I would take just about any room as long as it was quiet.
It took awhile, but they were able to move us to a room - 4th floor, quiet pool view (4553). Two queens, no daybed, walk-out balcony. It was a loooong way from the lobby - but that didn't bother me at all - plus it was that much closer to Epcot! And the room was so quiet. It was wonderful! I slept SO good - and oh my goodness - the mattress! I guess I was having such a difficult time sleeping on our last trip that I didn't notice the mattress as much. But, I told DH that I think we need that mattress! Do you think that we DIS'ers could get some kind group discount? :rotfl:

Also, I don't know if the mattress question was fully resolved (I tried to catch up but may have missed some posts), but ours was Sealy Beautyrest "Disney Plush" - so not pillowtop.

CMs were all very friendly. I requested and received early morning mousekeeping. We used our toiletries the first day, and we were given additional toiletries the next day. Have to say for the record, I am not a fan of the sea salt (or whatever) fragrance. I much preferred the orange. I was very glad the bar soap seemed to be unscented or lightly scented. Coffee was always re-stocked. But a word of caution - the edge of the regular coffee pods always seemed to be sealed into the package seam. Once I opened the packet, I had to actually peel apart the whole package to get the coffee pod out without it being ripped and causing a huge mess. The decaf ones weren't that way. I think it may have been a production defect.

I utilized Amazon Prime Now, and it was waiting for us at the front desk. Would definitely recommend this! It was awesome to have real creamer in my coffee every morning, and lots of bottles of water!

We got one really good pool day in, and ordered a drink. Another word of caution: Do not order the Apple Mule. Just yuck! I love this mule renaissance, and it sounded so yummy. But, it tasted like Pine-Sol!!! :crazy2: When the server came to bring me my tab, he asked how it was. I told him that it wasn't so great, and he insisted on getting me something else! That was awesome! I don't know that I could have choked that drink down. (I like the Sunken Treasure, but it's a tad on the sweet side for me.)

We did have to wait a LOOOOONG time for a bus to AK (PPO) on Sunday morning. I think we got out there at 7:30-ish and the bus didn't come until a little after 8:00. And a lady at the bus stop had been out there at least 20 minutes before we walked up! We used Uber three times over the duration of our trip, when we didn't want to be at the mercy of Disney Transport. The money spent was worth it.

I know this was long! Hopefully a few helpful tidbits...I'm attaching a couple of pics, and Dee you are free to use if you so desire.

View attachment 271192 View attachment 271189View attachment 271190View attachment 271191

EDIT/PS: Two quick notes - the hot tub at this quiet pool was closed the entire time. And, the ice machine on our floor didn't work; in fact, I had to go down to second floor for ice. Resort was alerted to the ice machine outage, but I personally didn't report/complain about hot tub since there was a "closed" sign by it.

Robin,

I saw that you used Amazon Prime Now and got it delivered. When I went to place my order today for delivery, it told me that the address was not within the delivery area.

What address did you use?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Robin,

I saw that you used Amazon Prime Now and got it delivered. When I went to place my order today for delivery, it told me that the address was not within the delivery area.

I'd like to know also, and if there was any minimum order or delivery charge...TIA.

Just got back from an awesome week at the YC! We were in room 4116, which was so quiet compared to our room back in May! Never heard a peep from the neighbors except for once when they were out on the balcony. We noticed they added the soft close feature to the bathroom door which hadn’t been in our previous room, so that probably helped with all the bangs we had heard before. The only downside to our room was since it was a smaller one, it didn’t have the room for the barn door to separate the vanity area, which we really missed.

Overall it was a great stay, crowds seemed super low at the beginning of the week but picked up a bit on Thursday through the weekend. Stormalong bay was awesome as always, and they switched out the lounge chairs with padded ones on our second day which are super comfy! Although it seems they reduced the overall number of lounge chairs when they did that.

We did have some issues with the bus service this trip. One day we waited 51 minutes for a bus to the MK. We ended up being late for our ADR because of that. We've always had great luck with the buses before, never waiting more than 5-10 minutes at the YC, but this trip we consistently waited about 30 minutes and then that annoyingly long 51 minute wait!

Sad to have to leave, but now we get to start planning next years trip which is half the fun!

I didn't know that not all of the rooms had the barn door to separate the vanity area and was really counting on that to make mornings easier for everyone to get dressed. Is there any way to know which rooms have it and which don't?

I didn't know that not all of the rooms had the barn door to separate the vanity area and was really counting on that to make mornings easier for everyone to get dressed. Is there any way to know which rooms have it and which don't?

I hadn't realized that either! We were in a smaller than normal room, so there was just not the space for the door to go, so I don't think many rooms are like this. Here's a picture of the setup, the coffee and fridge area was actually in the sleeping space in this room.

Robin,

I'd like to know also, and if there was any minimum order or delivery charge...TIA.

I'll answer the minimum question first - yes, there was a $30 minimum and suggested $5 tip for the driver. To meet my minimum, I added-on some non-perishable drink mix that I knew would be easy for me to pack and bring home.

As for the address, I put in the address for Beach Club and then it offered a similar one as the "standard," so I selected that one. Here it is:

IMG_4090.jpg

Going with out large family next week. We will have 4 different rooms. Will our rooms automatically be together b/c we are all together or do we need to put in requests that we are close together? With 4 different rooms would you do online check in or wait to check in at the resort??

Going with out large family next week. We will have 4 different rooms. Will our rooms automatically be together b/c we are all together or do we need to put in requests that we are close together? With 4 different rooms would you do online check in or wait to check in at the resort??
If reservations were made directly with Disney, call Disney and ask them to notate all bookings, with a request for connecting rooms or rooms close to one another. If reservations were made through TA or 3rd party (such as Orbitz), you need to contact them to place request for you.

Since the room requests are very limited when doing online check-in, I would not make any selections there. When you arrive at resort, stop at Front Desk and ask if your request was met. They are able to check. If the rooms are not close to one another, politely ask if they can try to make changes, so that the rooms are closer together. There are never any guarantees, but the CMs usually try to accommodate requests, as best possible.

The room assigners usually assign rooms about five days in advance of your arrival, so, I would not wait too long to call in your request.

That is the same address I was trying to use and it will not let me get a delivery there. Really weird.

Thanks for replying

I'll answer the minimum question first - yes, there was a $30 minimum and suggested $5 tip for the driver. To meet my minimum, I added-on some non-perishable drink mix that I knew would be easy for me to pack and bring home.

As for the address, I put in the address for Beach Club and then it offered a similar one as the "standard," so I selected that one. Here it is:

View attachment 272231

Just curious but do you know when in Feb you will be down there?
Mike the National Cheer Championship is the weekend of the 10th and 11th. We are heading down on the 8th and coming back the 15th. Most teams are usually there 4-5 days between the Wednesday before and the Tuesday after. From what I hear most teams stay at one of the All Stars. (We will be there for the first part of the trip and then move later.)

Okay, I've decided to ditch Coronado and do YC (Oct 8-11)! Any fun tips or ideas to enhance my stay? I'm so excited! I read that every room at the YC has a full balcony, is that true?

Mike the National Cheer Championship is the weekend of the 10th and 11th. We are heading down on the 8th and coming back the 15th. Most teams are usually there 4-5 days between the Wednesday before and the Tuesday after. From what I hear most teams stay at one of the All Stars. (We will be there for the first part of the trip and then move later.)

Phew just will hit the start of it when we leave, but this isn't to offend but I put them in the same group as the groups from Brazil

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter