Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We're going in December...9-15. I just checked for lunch and dinner on a few of those dates, keep getting this error message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time.A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.
The system still has glitches, apparently. Earlier, today, I had no problems with it. I again checked about 15 minutes ago, for multiple dates/times, and was able to find availability on 5 or 6 random dates/times. Then, all of a sudden, it was not working and came up with the same error message you received.

Does anyone have/know where I can find the number to the back-of-house reservations line directly at the Yacht Club? I’m getting married there soon and it’s really important to me to have a room that faces the Gazebo (we chose a garden/woods room view). When booking the room I had the CM add my request to the reservation notes, but I also read online somewhere I should try to call the resort directly the week of the wedding to politely remind the back-of-house of the room note. Just wanted to get a head start on tracking down that number because I’m sure it won’t be easy to find! TIA! :)

You must be getting really excited about your upcoming wedding! Fingers crossed for a beautiful day for the ceremony.

This is the number you should use to contact the Yacht Club.

407-934-7000

If you misplace it, it is posted on Page 1, Post 9 (Yacht Club info) and also in Post 13 (FAQ)

:goodvibes

407-934-7000

NateBenMa - have we ever confirmed that when you dial that phone number, the person who answers the phone is actually AT the Yacht Club rather at some off-site call center? (I have read that when you are in your room at a Disney hotel and you think you are calling the front desk, the person who answers is at an off-site call center. I wonder if the same thing happens if you dial the phone number listed above.)

NateBenMa - have we ever confirmed that when you dial that phone number, the person who answers the phone is actually AT the Yacht Club rather at some off-site call center? (I have read that when you are in your room at a Disney hotel and you think you are calling the front desk, the person who answers is at an off-site call center. I wonder if the same thing happens if you dial the phone number listed above.)

I can attest that this is a very good phone number for calling in room requests, if your check-in date is about 5-9 days away. You may not end up speaking with the back office at the resort (I believe they may answer with something like "guest services"), but the CM will ask for your name and check-in date and your room requests. When checking in at the Front Desk, I have always found those room requests have been notated in my reservation. There is hardly ever a wait for a CM to answer, when calling this phone number, unlike when calling the Disney reservations line to add room requests.

Sorry for venting. I am not planning to invite myself on my brother's family's trip. It just pushed me over the edge when SIL complained when I had managed to book the restaurant which she had chosen.

So is Ale & Compass open? I can call, but often people here know more than people who work the Disney phone lines.
No need to apologize!!! I would feel the same way if I were in your shoes. I hope that you do not have to spend the holidays alone! :worried:

When booking the room I had the CM add my request to the reservation notes, but I also read online somewhere I should try to call the resort directly the week of the wedding to politely remind the back-of-house of the room note. Just wanted to get a head start on tracking down that number because I’m sure it won’t be easy to find! TIA!
I'm just wondering if the wedding planning division within the WDW organization can help you here? I would think they have some contact with the YC since it is their gazebo that is being used. Perhaps they have a way to help make sure you get the room view you want. I hope you have a very magical day, the weather cooperates, and all goes as planned.
Katesdad

The only choices I see are ground floor, upper floor, lower floor and water view. Isn't the view part of what you purchase? (I have a garden or woods view). I called in to request a room close to the lobby or elevators. I wish this was one of the online requests just to make sure. Last year we had a very long walk to our room (also garden/woods view) and we overlooked the quiet pool. I would rather be closer to the elevator at least.

The MDE room request options seem to be working, again - at least, for the moment. :)

The only choices I see are ground floor, upper floor, lower floor and water view. Isn't the view part of what you purchase? (I have a garden or woods view). I called in to request a room close to the lobby or elevators. I wish this was one of the online requests just to make sure. Last year we had a very long walk to our room (also garden/woods view) and we overlooked the quiet pool. I would rather be closer to the elevator at least.
Previous options included close to lobby, close to elevator, close to transportation, etc.; that water view option is an error, but not as bad as the time the YC options included grand stand section or overlooking paddock, which were for Saratoga Springs.

Which is why I have always phoned in our requests. The options during Online Check In have been pretty much useless. For years they had "close to elevator" and "4th floor" as options at CBR when the resort has neither elevators nor a 4th floor.

I just check into CL (YC 12/15-22) and our choices are top floor or upper floors. So it is not really very helpful IMO. I wish close to elevators was an option.

That's a great question. I don't know first-hand that the calls go to the Yacht Club but a very reliable source told me that they do, so I believe that.

::yes::

I just check into CL (YC 12/15-22) and our choices are top floor or upper floors. So it is not really very helpful IMO. I wish close to elevators was an option.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

With a club level room you will be on the top floor, so you are correct, your "options" are not helpful. Call in your room request through Disney's Central Reservations Office and also let Disney Signature Service know that you prefer a room close to the elevators.

I'm just wondering if the wedding planning division within the WDW organization can help you here? I would think they have some contact with the YC since it is their gazebo that is being used. Perhaps they have a way to help make sure you get the room view you want. I hope you have a very magical day, the weather cooperates, and all goes as planned.
Katesdad

Thank you so much @Katesdad ! You’re right, that’s a good idea. I sometimes forget I have a Disney wedding planner who can do some legwork for me! Haha. Thanks for the suggestion!

You must be getting really excited about your upcoming wedding! Fingers crossed for a beautiful day for the ceremony.

407-934-7000

If you misplace it, it is posted on Page 1, Post 9 (Yacht Club info) and also in Post 13 (FAQ)

Thank you SO much @natebenma ! This is super helpful, and I appreciate the wedding wishes! Definitely getting so anxious and excited! Only a few weeks to go! :bounce:

Hello all! We will be joining in the BC fun in August. We'll be there from 8/25-9/1. We stayed at YC our last WDW stay in 2013 (we took a couple years off for cruising!) when they were a test resort for MagicBands. We can't wait to be back :)

We are just back from a 4 night YC stay. The good news is we didn't see any non-service dogs and received a complimentary upgrade from garden view to lagoon view (although I would have been annoyed if I'd have paid for this "lagoon view" room as it looked on to the gazebo and the lagoon was to the right). The bad news is that they couldn't honour our King Bed and shower cubicle request.

The new rooms are okay but overall we were disappointed; to me, it feels like they did the refurb on a budget and boy does it show. Feels more 3-star/moderate than "deluxe". The beds are way too high (whose crazy idea was that?) and the sheets/soft furnishings felt cheap and scratchy. One day we were walking to the elevators and an elderly lady was asking a housekeeper for a step as she couldn't reach the bed; he didn't speak English and shrugged his shoulders at her - I hope she spoke to front desk about that. I liked the hard floor but housekeeping did a poor job of cleaning it - when we walked-in at check-in there were stains on the floor in the bathroom area and I saw a couple of old dried-out contact lenses which was a bit gross. Keurig machine was good but I wish they provided proper creamer/half & half rather than cheap powdered coffee mate. I wish I'd known and brought my own. After the bed bug reports at BC I carefully inspected our beds and couldn't see anything but I did receive three bites in a triangle-formation just above my ankle; now, I'm not accusing YC of having bed bugs as I have no evidence it was caused by bed bugs but just a FYI to be vigilant.

I thought I'd read on here that 2 complimentary bottles of Dasani water were provided in rooms but we did not received these either on our first day or any other day?

We ordered Disney Floral & Gift gift baskets and YC failed to deliver them to our room; I am sorry to say it but they are completely incompetent. We have NEVER had a problem having our gift baskets delivered to our room at VGF or BLT but YC was absolutely useless: they acted as if it was normal to have to pick them up from the front desk? For me, the whole point of the magic is coming back to the room and seeing them waiting for us. After the second day of coming back to our room to no gift basket I went to the front desk and told them to send everything back to Floral & Gift and issue us refunds. Who'd have thought ordering gift baskets could cause so much stress.

The pool area was great but very overcrowded; we often struggled to find loungers but did always find spots on the "roof area" up the stairs.

Loved the F&WF and the walk to EPCOT and the boat service to HS was good. We drove everywhere else as we don't like the buses. The self-parking area was full on a couple occasions so we were essentially forced to join a few other vehicles in "illegally" parking on the verge of the road. Never received a ticket or notice and made sure we were not in anyone's way.

Overall, we won't visit Yacht Club again (not least because of the dog policy) but did enjoy our stay despite the few areas of disappointment.

Last edited:
We are just back from a 4 night YC stay. The good news is we didn't see any non-service dogs and received a complimentary upgrade from garden view to lagoon view (although I would have been annoyed if I'd have paid for this "lagoon view" room as it looked on to the gazebo and the lagoon was to the right).

I thought I'd read on here that 2 complimentary bottles of Dasani water were provided in rooms but we did not received these either on our first day or any other day?

If you faced toward the wedding gazebo and could see the water by looking over to the right, that most likely was still a Garden View room. Once you have to peer off to the left to see the courtyard where the gazebo is located, you are in a Water View room.

The large bottles of Dasani water were part of a trial program. The comped water in guest rooms was discontinued early summer.

If you faced toward the wedding gazebo and could see the water by looking over to the right, that most likely was still a Garden View room. Once you have to peer off to the left to see the courtyard where the gazebo is located, you are in a Water View room.

The large bottles of Dasani water were part of a trial program. The comped water in guest rooms was discontinued early summer.
Thanks. That makes sense. Our MDE showed "Lagoon/Water View" though, weirdly. And the CM at check-in gleefully declared we had been upgraded....

Disappointing why they would "trial" complimentary water. How bizarre. How could it not be a good thing for guests? Guess it cost too much. Very cheap for any deluxe hotel not to throw in a couple of bottles of water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter