Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just saw this update, which I'm not too pleased about. Maybe this means doing the bag drop and BP at the resort and finding other means of transportation to MCO. Has anyone had any experience doing just that? If so, besides a rental car, what transportation did you use from YC/BC to MCO?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ick-up-guests-four-hours-before-their-flight/

Ugh, I really hope that changes after the holidays. We have a 8 a.m flight on our last day and getting the kids up at 3:30 a.m. will not be pretty after a night at MK!

People have been reporting that it takes a long time to get through airport security now because they are scanning or swiping each individual piece of food. I assume that was the reason for the change to the MDE pick up time.

I have used Uber to get to airport. Also have taken a cab. I have a towncar pick me up at the airport (so I can go to grocery store on way to hotel) and have done that round trip, but it's cheaper to use Uber on departure day. Or Lyft, which I haven't personally used because I liked the uber app better.

I just saw this update, which I'm not too pleased about. Maybe this means doing the bag drop and BP at the resort and finding other means of transportation to MCO.
Thank you very much for posting this. Love this thread and all the helpful information that is passed along. I called Disney CRO as well as Disney ME and confirmed the 4 hour pick-up that starts on 11/17/17. Disney ME said it was done at the request of the Orlando TSA. So for my 11:50am flight I get picked up at the YC at 7:40am. I guess I could Uber or Lyft but right now I'd just as soon take the free transportation and get the breakfast at the airport. Cancelled my Ale and Compass for that morning, Now we'll see where we can fit it into our schedule. Bummer
Katesdad

Thank you very much for posting this. Love this thread and all the helpful information that is passed along. I called Disney CRO as well as Disney ME and confirmed the 4 hour pick-up that starts on 11/17/17. Disney ME said it was done at the request of the Orlando TSA. So for my 11:50am flight I get picked up at the YC at 7:40am. I guess I could Uber or Lyft but right now I'd just as soon take the free transportation and get the breakfast at the airport. Cancelled my Ale and Compass for that morning, Now we'll see where we can fit it into our schedule. Bummer
Katesdad
If you have TSA PreCheck, they will pick you up a half hour later, if you call them and ask.

So, now, instead of being picked up almost 4-1/2 hours prior to scheduled departure time, they will pick me up a bit under 4 hours prior to departure. That's with my resort being the second stop!

For anyone who has not signed up for PreCheck and travels at least a couple of times a year, I highly recommend signing up. The $85 fee covers five years of travel. I've never had to wait more than about two minutes in the PreCheck line at MCO. Not having to remove shoes and being able to leave laptop and bag of liquids in carry-on are extra bonuses.

Last edited:

Page 1098-99

We're going in December...9-15. I just checked for lunch and dinner on a few of those dates, keep getting this error message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time.A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.

Will your trip this December be here or at another resort? I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list until next year.

:goodvibes

Hello all! We will be joining in the BC fun in August. We'll be there from 8/25-9/1. We stayed at YC our last WDW stay in 2013 (we took a couple years off for cruising!) when they were a test resort for MagicBands. We can't wait to be back :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

We are just back from a 4 night YC stay. The good news is we didn't see any non-service dogs and received a complimentary upgrade from garden view to lagoon view (although I would have been annoyed if I'd have paid for this "lagoon view" room as it looked on to the gazebo and the lagoon was to the right). The bad news is that they couldn't honour our King Bed and shower cubicle request.

The new rooms are okay but overall we were disappointed; to me, it feels like they did the refurb on a budget and boy does it show. Feels more 3-star/moderate than "deluxe". The beds are way too high (whose crazy idea was that?) and the sheets/soft furnishings felt cheap and scratchy. One day we were walking to the elevators and an elderly lady was asking a housekeeper for a step as she couldn't reach the bed; he didn't speak English and shrugged his shoulders at her - I hope she spoke to front desk about that. I liked the hard floor but housekeeping did a poor job of cleaning it - when we walked-in at check-in there were stains on the floor in the bathroom area and I saw a couple of old dried-out contact lenses which was a bit gross. Keurig machine was good but I wish they provided proper creamer/half & half rather than cheap powdered coffee mate. I wish I'd known and brought my own. After the bed bug reports at BC I carefully inspected our beds and couldn't see anything but I did receive three bites in a triangle-formation just above my ankle; now, I'm not accusing YC of having bed bugs as I have no evidence it was caused by bed bugs but just a FYI to be vigilant.

I thought I'd read on here that 2 complimentary bottles of Dasani water were provided in rooms but we did not received these either on our first day or any other day?

We ordered Disney Floral & Gift gift baskets and YC failed to deliver them to our room; I am sorry to say it but they are completely incompetent. We have NEVER had a problem having our gift baskets delivered to our room at VGF or BLT but YC was absolutely useless: they acted as if it was normal to have to pick them up from the front desk? For me, the whole point of the magic is coming back to the room and seeing them waiting for us. After the second day of coming back to our room to no gift basket I went to the front desk and told them to send everything back to Floral & Gift and issue us refunds. Who'd have thought ordering gift baskets could cause so much stress.

The pool area was great but very overcrowded; we often struggled to find loungers but did always find spots on the "roof area" up the stairs.

Loved the F&WF and the walk to EPCOT and the boat service to HS was good. We drove everywhere else as we don't like the buses. The self-parking area was full on a couple occasions so we were essentially forced to join a few other vehicles in "illegally" parking on the verge of the road. Never received a ticket or notice and made sure we were not in anyone's way.

Overall, we won't visit Yacht Club again (not least because of the dog policy) but did enjoy our stay despite the few areas of disappointment.

Thank you for sharing the review of your YC stay. I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip despite the issues you had.

:(

I just saw this update, which I'm not too pleased about. Maybe this means doing the bag drop and BP at the resort and finding other means of transportation to MCO. Has anyone had any experience doing just that? If so, besides a rental car, what transportation did you use from YC/BC to MCO?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...ick-up-guests-four-hours-before-their-flight/

We have used Mears towncars several times over the years and found them to be a nice way to travel especially on departure as it makes leaving stress free. My husband always likes to leave plenty of time to get to airport and get through security so this works best for us :)

We're going in December...9-15. I just checked for lunch and dinner on a few of those dates, keep getting this error message:

We were unable to check for available tables at this time.A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.

Will your trip this December be here or at another resort? I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list until next year.

December we're at the BWI but March we are indeed back at the Yacht Club! Will definitely check out the new Ale and Compass next month.

I posted a few days ago that I booked a last minute one night stay to surprise my girls and get our Disney fix! I am now getting all of the pre-Disney trip emails. Today's email mentioned the Memory Maker that I purchased. I didn't purchase Memory maker for this one night stay, however it is in MDE because I purchased it for my BC July trip. Is this going to cause a problem or will all be good if I just don't use Photopass photographers? I don't want to waste my MM on a one night stay.

I posted a few days ago that I booked a last minute one night stay to surprise my girls and get our Disney fix! I am now getting all of the pre-Disney trip emails. Today's email mentioned the Memory Maker that I purchased. I didn't purchase Memory maker for this one night stay, however it is in MDE because I purchased it for my BC July trip. Is this going to cause a problem or will all be good if I just don't use Photopass photographers? I don't want to waste my MM on a one night stay.
As long as you don't activate MM it will remain in tact for your next trip.

I have used Ed Korgan transportation to travel between MCO and Universal, Universal and Disney and Beach Club to MCO.

So could we use a Photopass photographer at Disney Springs, or would you advise not to do that?
I would think if they have this memory maker linked into this trip any use of the Photopass service would trip it's start. You might want to check with the concierge desk at the BC to see if you can get it taken off your account for this one day event. See Q&A below from the Memory Maker webpage:

Q. How do I start using Memory Maker?

A. If you are already at Walt Disney World Resort, all you need to do is enjoy the moment and have fun. When you see a
Disney PhotoPass location—or select attraction and dining locations—simply ask the photographer or Cast Member to link the photos to your Disney account with a touch of your MagicBand or card—including Memory Maker cards and Disney PhotoPass Cards.

This is a great question!

What are you doing during the one night stay? Resort/Disney Springs only or will you be entering any parks?

If you are going on any attractions that have ride photos, that could be a problem since I think the pictures will automatically go onto your Memory Maker account.

If you do have pictures taken by a photopass photographer somewhere DON'T tap your band- ask the photographer for a card. (They still do that, right?). That way you could choose to purchase those photos separately or you can add the pictures to someone else's account if you know someone who has an annual pass.

It may be worth a call to the photopass support line before your trip to see if they have any warnings or suggestions for you.

:magnify:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter