Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can you order a hamburger and fries from the Beaches & Cream take out window or is it just ice cream? Or is Hurricane Hannah a better option for take out?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Can you order a hamburger and fries from the Beaches & Cream take out window or is it just ice cream? Or is Hurricane Hannah a better option for take out?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
Just ice cream, shakes, and beverages from the take-out side. Hurricane Hannahs would be your only take out option [for burger and fries] in that area. Just note that operating hours [closing time] is earlier for HH.

So could we use a Photopass photographer at Disney Springs, or would you advise not to do that?
You can use a photographer, but once you download a photo, MM becomes activated. However, I believe you can order hard copies of the photos via the website without downloading (at least you could a few years ago), and thereby keeping your MM in tact.

If any of you are Instagram users and you follow disneyfoodblog, they have some pictures from yesterday of the new ale and Compass lounge and restaurant. Looks extremely swanky!
Also, here is a sneak peek from their site:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...n-disneys-yacht-club-plus-a-new-opening-date/

The grand opening is now set for 11/21 2017, which is a bit earlier, than previously announced.

Menus:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...ning-date-at-disney-worlds-yacht-club-resort/

Last edited:
Hint, Hint!
With regards to The Magical Express picking up 4 hours before your flight, TSA is requesting this because they are INCREASING the scrutiny of travelers. Expect more thorough inspections of both passengers and belongings. This will require additional time.

The Orlando airport is known for long TSA lines so the thinking is that the additional screening will mean an increase in wait times. In actuality, all domestic airports are being required to perform more rigorous screenings, so expect longer lines everywhere. The difference at the Orlando airport is that X% of guests rely on Disney Transportation so it's a no brainer that TSA has asked Disney to transport guests 1 hour earlier.

Earlier transport will not make your waits shorter however. Only TSA Pre-Check will do that.

~NM

We have a Deluxe Studio at Beach Club Villas for our Dec 17-21 visit. I've been looking at pictures of the "kitchen" and I can't tell if the plates/bowls they provide are paper or washable/reusable. If paper, are they re-stocked daily? We plan to have breakfast in the room each morning and I need to know what to bring from home. Also, is the coffee maker just a 4 cup machine or is it full size? I looks like the 4 cup one in the pictures. Do they leave plenty of filters or should I bring some from home? We are 4 adults - 2 of us drink a lot of coffee!

Thanks for the help!

Are you staying on Cash or points?
For a cash stay your paper plates and bowls should be replenished daily -only paper not washable. The coffee pots in Studios are the small ones, but you can request a large size. If you drink a lot of coffee you should bring some from home.
If you are staying on points coffee and supplies are only replaced every 4 days

I have to be honest, I’m really not thrilled with the Ale & Compass menu. It’s like whoever made the menu couldn’t decide what kind of restaurant it’s suppose to be & threw together whatever popped in their head. And what they did decide to put on it is not appetizing to anyone in my family. We did really enjoy Captain’s Grill, so sad for us.

Earlier transport will not make your waits shorter however. Only TSA Pre-Check will do that.
We enrolled in 'TSA precheck after we got home from our October trip. I had a bit of a crazy long TSA experience and hope to avoid it in the future.

We have a Deluxe Studio at Beach Club Villas for our Dec 17-21 visit. I've been looking at pictures of the "kitchen" and I can't tell if the plates/bowls they provide are paper or washable/reusable. If paper, are they re-stocked daily? We plan to have breakfast in the room each morning and I need to know what to bring from home. Also, is the coffee maker just a 4 cup machine or is it full size? I looks like the 4 cup one in the pictures. Do they leave plenty of filters or should I bring some from home? We are 4 adults - 2 of us drink a lot of coffee!

Thanks for the help!
I always bring my own basket paper filters and my favorite coffee when staying at BCVs.

Last edited:

Thanks for the help!

The plates and bowls are paper and not reusable. They will be restocked daily IF you are a cash booked through Disney stay. If renting points--no. The coffee pot we have had on each stay has been a full size 12 cup Mr. Coffee. If you are on rented points (or if you have a coffee preference and not a fan of Joffrey's) you will need to bring your own filters (basket type, flat bottom) and coffee. You will have one, possibly two coffees to start your stay and these will not be replenished until your trash/towel service OR full cleaning depending on length of stay.

Are you staying on Cash or points?
For a cash stay your paper plates and bowls should be replenished daily -only paper not washable. The coffee pots in Studios are the small ones, but you can request a large size. If you drink a lot of coffee you should bring some from home.
If you are staying on points coffee and supplies are only replaced every 4 days

As I stated above, we have never had a 4 cup coffee maker--only the full size 12 cup and we have stayed pre-refurb and post-refurb in deluxe studios. Our first stay we were told we would only have a 4 cup coffee pot and brought 4 cup filters and coffee only to realize we had the 12 cup. We made it work, but we were disappointed with the assurance we would only have a 4 cup.

The plates and bowls are paper and not reusable. They will be restocked daily IF you are a cash booked through Disney stay. If renting points--no. The coffee pot we have had on each stay has been a full size 12 cup Mr. Coffee. If you are on rented points (or if you have a coffee preference and not a fan of Joffrey's) you will need to bring your own filters (basket type, flat bottom) and coffee. You will have one, possibly two coffees to start your stay and these will not be replenished until your trash/towel service OR full cleaning depending on length of stay.

As I stated above, we have never had a 4 cup coffee maker--only the full size 12 cup and we have stayed pre-refurb and post-refurb in deluxe studios. Our first stay we were told we would only have a 4 cup coffee pot and brought 4 cup filters and coffee only to realize we had the 12 cup. We made it work, but we were disappointed with the assurance we would only have a 4 cup.
Interesting. We had 4 cup our last Studio.
But knowing - worst case - you can request larger I would go with large.

Interesting. We had 4 cup our last Studio.
But knowing - worst case - you can request larger I would go with large.

We had a 12 cup in our studio in May and a 4 cup in October. I think the 12 cup was a carry-over from the previous guests, but just for the record you can request an upgrade or downgrade. As far as the paper plates and bowls are concerned while using points, yes they don't restock them on a daily basis but a call to housekeeping will get you a new supply whenever you need them. They actually ask you how many you want?

As far as the paper plates and bowls are concerned while using points, yes they don't restock them on a daily basis but a call to housekeeping will get you a new supply whenever you need them. They actually ask you how many you want?

It's kind of controversial to ask Housekeeping to give you more supplies when you are staying on points. Our DVC dues pay for that, if you want more stuff you're supposed to pay for it, blah blah blah. I'm not saying Housekeeping won't give it to you. I'm just saying that if you post something like that on a DVC board, people will be all over you.

On the flip side - I've stayed in a studio on cash and Housekeeping was not good about replacing the paper plates and plastic silverware. They were on a high shelf or in a high cabinet, I can't remember which, but I got the sense that my housekeeper was not checking up there.

It's kind of controversial to ask Housekeeping to give you more supplies when you are staying on points. Our DVC dues pay for that, if you want more stuff you're supposed to pay for it, blah blah blah. I'm not saying Housekeeping won't give it to you. I'm just saying that if you post something like that on a DVC board, people will be all over you.

On the flip side - I've stayed in a studio on cash and Housekeeping was not good about replacing the paper plates and plastic silverware. They were on a high shelf or in a high cabinet, I can't remember which, but I got the sense that my housekeeper was not checking up there.

Not true at all! I have stayed at the BCVs 50+ times and have never been asked to pay for more paper plates or bowls when I requested them and I also have never seen where it says you will be charged for extra paper bowls and plates. Toiletries, coffee, towels, etc. I understand, but paper plates?

Last edited:
You can use a photographer, but once you download a photo, MM becomes activated. However, I believe you can order hard copies of the photos via the website without downloading (at least you could a few years ago), and thereby keeping your MM in tact.
I am just going to skip the Photopass photographers just to be safe. Thanks for your help!

If you have TSA PreCheck, they will pick you up a half hour later, if you call them and ask.

So, now, instead of being picked up almost 4-1/2 hours prior to scheduled departure time, they will pick me up a bit under 4 hours prior to departure. That's with my resort being the second stop!

For anyone who has not signed up for PreCheck and travels at least a couple of times a year, I highly recommend signing up. The $85 fee covers five years of travel. I've never had to wait more than about two minutes in the PreCheck line at MCO. Not having to remove shoes and being able to leave laptop and bag of liquids in carry-on are extra bonuses.

We had an 8:35pm flight and were picked up by ME at 4:10pm. Wish I had know to call since we had TSA pre check and ended up waiting in the airport at the gate from 6:10pm until boarding began at 8pm.
TSA pre check was a breeze !

Thank you all for the help! We are paying cash, so would get daily service. That said, eating cereal out of paper bowls can get dicey. I think I will just bring 4 bowls from home and wash them. I will certainly request the 12 cup coffee maker - that is more our size!!! I was already planning to bring my own coffee - we are a bit snobbish about coffee.

We are so excited! 28 days till we leave. I just got an email this morning saying that our Magic bands have shipped. It will be wonderful to be back at Disney World after an 8 year absence!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter