Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are staying at the BC at the end of April, this year and we must admit, we can’t wait.

The wife and I used to have our holiday in Florida every year and we always stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel as we loved IOA and US.

5 years later, We now have a 4 year old Daughter so we thought it was about time we went back to Florida but this time it’s all Disney.

It’s a bit too late now but what’s your experience with crowd levels in the parks and the hotel?, we’re staying for 10 days from April 28th.

All the Best

The Burns’s

On our last trip we used Uber for most park openings, and to get to resorts, and Disney Springs. It was well worth it for us to spend money and save time. But, there were only 2 of us so much easy to get an Uber, as opposed to having a lot of people or needing car seats.

Where does uber pick you up at the resort? Also, does drop off occur at a similar distance that the busses do at the parks? Thank you!

I'd love some opinions:reviews of having 5 people in a garden view at YC. Group is me (34), DS (4), Grandma (60), niece (12) & step-nephew (13). Staying for 5 days in June, one day at each park. Taking mid-day pool & nap break. Husband & I stayed at YC 9/2017 with our son and LOVED it. I thought the rooms were a great size but there were only 3 of us. Currently booked in AoA Lion King. Only $20 more per night for YC. AoA pros are 2 bathrooms, bigger, separate rooms. YC pros are location & Stormalong. I'd love to hear people's thoughts!

We are a family of 5: myself, DH, DS14, DD11, and DS8. We have stayed at several of the resorts that accommodate 5 people in one room without issue so far. This trip we are staying at the Poly and BCV (studio). As the kids get older it does get a little more cramped. The bathroom situation is getting to be a little awkward as well. It isn't so bad when the toilet and shower are closed off from the sink. I've looked at the Kidani 1-bedrooms at AKV several times because 2 bathrooms are quite appealing, but I just can't do because we love staying close to Epcot or MK. Good luck deciding. That's always the hardest part for me. :)

I'd love some opinions:reviews of having 5 people in a garden view at YC. Group is me (34), DS (4), Grandma (60), niece (12) & step-nephew (13). Staying for 5 days in June, one day at each park. Taking mid-day pool & nap break. Husband & I stayed at YC 9/2017 with our son and LOVED it. I thought the rooms were a great size but there were only 3 of us. Currently booked in AoA Lion King. Only $20 more per night for YC. AoA pros are 2 bathrooms, bigger, separate rooms. YC pros are location & Stormalong. I'd love to hear people's thoughts!
You just have to figure out the sleeping arrangements for each resort and see if Grandma approves. :)

We were a family of five and the BC worked fine for us. We managed with one bathroom and it wasn’t too bad at all. Everyone loved the Beach Club and none of the kids complained. After all, they were at Disney. :)

Where does uber pick you up at the resort? Also, does drop off occur at a similar distance that the busses do at the parks? Thank you!

The Uber picked us up right at the front of the hotel - where you arrive. :)

Drop off for MK is at the TTC. Not sure about Epcot. AK we called an Uber, I think it was at the end of the parking lot near entrance, but I'm fuzzy on that.

Drop off for MK is at the TTC. Not sure about Epcot. AK we called an Uber, I think it was at the end of the parking lot near entrance, but I'm fuzzy on that.

Thanks!!

If you're taking an Uber to MK I'd request they drop you at either Contemporary & walk over or GF & take the monorail. If it were me I'd walk from CR/BLT. I think they're still allowing Uber at the resorts. They were in March anyway. I did hear some grumblings about Uber not being allowed at CR unless you have an ADR but not sure if that is actually true or not.

Yes, the crepes are new, but I don't know for sure when they started having them. Today there was chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla sauce for breakfast. I'm not a bread pudding fan so didn't try any. Seems like more of a dessert option, but I guess it's not much different from the donuts my DH gets for breakfast sometimes.

They also seem to alternate the chips & dip with the pita bread & chips. So you should have the chips at least one day!

So I guess the crepes were just a day of the week special or have you noticed them rotating between a couple of different "fancy" breakfast offerings?

So I guess the crepes were just a day of the week special or have you noticed them rotating between a couple of different "fancy" breakfast offerings?

I think they rotate the different “fancy” offerings. They had the crepes again this morning.

AB4000F0-E6A4-4D37-8729-16817DCB81C8.png

Actually, the crepes were just an excuse for all strawberries, chocolate & whipped cream I ate! :goodvibes

The crepes are in one of the warming pans. They have chocolate shavings, strawberry sauce & whipped cream as toppings. I also added some fresh strawberries & blueberries from the fresh fruit bowls.

Last edited:
I think they rotate the different “fancy” offerings. They had the waffles again this morning.

View attachment 317908

Actually, the waffles were just an excuse for all strawberries, chocolate & whipped cream I ate! :goodvibes

The crepes are in one of the warming pans. They have chocolate shavings, strawberry sauce & whipped cream as toppings. I also added some fresh strawberries & blueberries from the fresh fruit bowls.

Yum! I could have made a meal of just the fruit, chocolate shavings, & whipped cream forgoing the crepes because you know carbs! :rotfl:

Trying to book trip at end of October but both Beach and Yacht Club are booked. Wondering if there is a conference and rooms are blocked or they are really booked?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Trying to book trip at end of October but both Beach and Yacht Club are booked. Wondering if there is a conference and rooms are blocked or they are really booked?? Any help would be appreciated!!
That is a popular time of year and the Epcot resorts are hard to get for certain dates. We’ve had good luck with using a travel agent that has exclusive deals. We’ve also had to stay somewhere else because we couldn’t get a reservation at any Epcot resort.

Sometimes a reservation will open up when people cancel their trip.

Yum! I could have made a meal of just the fruit, chocolate shavings, & whipped cream forgoing the crepes because you know carbs! :rotfl:

I agree - that looks so good!

I know they can book up fast because of food and wine at Epcot. Not sure about conventions.

That is prime conference season & Food & Wine. Last weekend of Oct is also Food & Wine Classic at Swan & Dolphin. I'm not surprised they're booked. As others mentioned you can hope & wait for a cancellation or try another resort.

We booked the week before Halloween about two weeks ago and had to really play with dates to get to stay at beach club for more than 2 nights. We went through a ta.

We booked the week before Halloween about two weeks ago and had to really play with dates to get to stay at beach club for more than 2 nights. We went through a ta.
Same here. We will be there Oct 25-28 and we could only get 2 nights at BC and will do one night at Poly.

We ended up getting 4 nights at beach club because we were able to be flexible. Then we have 3 at pop.
Glad it worked out. Should be a fun time! I preferred them all at one resort but since we are doing MNSSHP the first night, I'm ok with a split stay with Poly for the one night. Then we will switch to BC for food and wine. It's a quick trip.

Glad it worked out. Should be a fun time! I preferred them all at one resort but since we are doing MNSSHP the first night, I'm ok with a split stay with Poly for the one night. Then we will switch to BC for food and wine. It's a quick trip.
We actually prefer split stays but we are going for 7 nights so it’s not too bad. I’m so excited for mnsshp!! We are planning on going arrival day but we arrive at 9 am so idk if we will be too tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter