Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Best wishes to you for your recovery. I hope it goes as well as it can for you!

Just a thought - have you considered simply renting an ECV for your stay? There are vendors off-site that'll deliver and pick up to the resort that are reasonably priced and are good to deal with. If you already considered that, please disregard. I just wanted to mention it in case it hadn't crossed your mind :) if you're worried about people having to push you around, that would alleviate that concern entirely. (and don't have to deal with the rental every time you enter a park)

Regardless, good luck, and have a great time!

Thanks for the suggestion! I did look at that option but I’m not sure I need to go that far. I think I’ll be able to walk to and from the parks so I don’t want to mess with having an ECV all the time. That may change though so your suggestion is certainly a good one.

Quick question for those familiar with driving while staying at the Yacht club. When you do a google image of the Yacht Club there seems to be a tiny bit of parking directly in front of the Yacht club and then another lot across the street. Is the lot across the street where most self parking happens?

Also can you park in the parking area in front of the Beach Club if you are staying at the Yacht Club?

Maybe the Beach Club is more convenient for drivers?

The parking area near the bus stop is handicap parking and a few reserved spots for Disney security and company vehicles, the bigger lot to your right when coming through security gate is for self parking. Typically you park in your resort parking area as the guards will take your vehicle plate #, make and model for lot checks and obviously other security reasons. They do not ask or tell you this typically.

Add us to the list we'll be at BCV 11/1-11/10. Any idea when the Christ mas decor went up in the resort this year?

This year they went up overnight on 11-16. That shouldn't matter though because it's different every year. They hold a lottery for the Deluxes to determine the order they get decorated. They don't publicize when the lottery happens nor the results. They will all be completed by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

This year they went up overnight on 11-16. That shouldn't matter though because it's different every year. They hold a lottery for the Deluxes to determine the order they get decorated. They don't publicize when the lottery happens nor the results. They will all be completed by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks I figured it would be different since its a lottery, do they stay decorating the resorts on 11/1 like they do the parks?

Page 1360-1362

I've searched and searched, and read all the relevant posts I can find, and I'm looking for some specific advice. We have a 2-night stay in a BCV "deluxe studio" that we booked through the disney website (not dvc, not renting points). These are "resort" days for us, and we plan on spending most of our time at the pool, weather permitting. Any suggestions for room request terms that would get us closer to SaB? (I know the building isn't particularly close to that pool, but I would prefer to not be alllll the way at the other end if possible.) OR, if it really won't make that much of a difference, are there rooms that have the corner 'wrap-around' balcony?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

I'm not really an expert on the layout of the Beach Club villas, so I will leave it to others to give advice to you. I'm guessing that a request of "lower floor" or "close to lobby" would be the rooms that would get you to Stormalong Bay the quickest, but that is my shot in the dark.

The thing I do know is that the villas are always fully occupied or close to it, so the extent to which requests at the villas are granted are based on which rooms are being vacated on the day you check in.

::yes::

I hope it's okay to post other web site reviews, I thought this one was nice about the Christmas decorations at the Yacht Club :)
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/yacht-club-christmas-disney-world/

Can't wait to see in person!!
And, just an FYI, though I am new to this thread, my family and I have stayed at the Yacht Club 3 or so times before, we do love it :) Though, I will also say the last time was after the room renovations and I kinda miss all that beautiful blue. Ha ha I have to chuckle because when we first got to our room (after the renovation), I thought maybe the maid had forgotten the bedspread! Oh, and they used to have a beautiful blue and brass Mickey Lamp I think was also gone?
Regardless, I am very excited, less than a week!

Certainly ok to share great links like this. Sometimes the DIS will block out certain websites, but my mantra is the more info/pictures/publicity, the better!

:santa:

So I booked a bounceback in October for Yacht Club next August. When I booked it, YC was the only deluxe that could sleep five that we could get (traveling with SIL and her family, which is a family of 5). I have to admit, YC doesn't seem very appealing to me. Has anyone stayed there and not been all that excited about it but found it was much better than they expected? The only part I'm really looking forward to is Stormalong Bay - and the refurbished rooms look nice too.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Most of my resort stays have been at the Beach Club, but my last one, a 30th anniversary trip, was at the Yacht Club. I would be happy to stay at either in the future. Stormalong Bay is a great feature, the location is even more important to me. It is fantastic to be within walking distance of both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (especially in August, just after Star Wars Land opens). Almost all of the rooms at the Yacht Club have full balconies, compared to only about half at the Beach Club.

I suspect (and sincerely hope) that you will love your Yacht Club stay.

:dogdance:

Yep! We stayed at YC last spring mainly so the kids could enjoy Stormalong Bay. We originally had a reservation for BC because it appeared to be more our style and is always billed as being more family-friendly. We switched to YC when discounts were released and we could get a significantly better price. We LOVED it! The complimentary upgrade from our reserved garden view to a water view certainly didn't hurt! We loved the refurbished rooms and, despite the whole yachting scene TOTALLY not being our thing, the decor was wonderful. My boys loved looking at all the boats in the lobby and a brief visit to the more crowded BC lobby confirmed that we made the right decision to switch!

:welcome: to posting on the thread and thanks for your input!

:goodvibes

In the Beach Club, is there any sort of a door between the vanity/sink area and the rest of the room? Based on the pictures and videos I’ve looked at, I think the answer is no, but I am hoping I am wrong. Thanks!

:welcome: to this forum.

As suspected and others confirmed, no.

Do you have an upcoming stay booked or are you in the investigative stage?

:cool2:

Got home on Saturday evening (along with a hitchhiking flu virus!!!) and am now feeling a bit better so thought I'd send along some photos of my room and balcony at Yacht Club. I was in room 5180 (club level - but 4th and 3rd floors should have the same type of balcony). As a big Beach Club lover, i really wasn't overwhelmed by the Yacht Club as some are, but often got up and out early and didn't return until late... which is probably why my tired old body came home with the flu! Anyway - you could hold a dance party on this balcony!! And, bonus, one night as I was sitting and enjoying the quiet, I happend upon the MK fireworks. Here are a couple of photos of the room and I'll put balcony pictures in a separate message
.View attachment 368360 View attachment 368361

Thank you so much for the pictures and info.

Hope you continue to feel better and better!

:hug:

Wow!

Are there other resorts that offer balconies like this? I'm sure many people would love this, but I'd personally try to avoid it. I always ask for an upper-floor room as first floor rooms make me feel like I need to keep the blinds shut at all times. I'd feel the same way with one of these rooms.

Edited to add: My husband would probably LOVE this balcony though.

Not sure about other resorts- I think there are three of these huge, shared balconies at the YC- on the 3rd, 4th and 5th (club level) floors, all Standard View rooms.

I agree that this set up is weird. My husband would not like it at all, I would probably be ok with it.

:crowded:

I was wondering the same thing when we parked for our Ale & Compass ADR. We got a spot right by the convention center, but there didn't seem to be a ton of guest parking around compared to Beach Club. I suppose there's only so many rooms? (Looks like 630, vs. 576+282DVC for Beach Club)

:welcome: to posting on the threads! Thanks for your input.

:thumbsup2

I hope you and your family have such a great time this month!! Enjoy each and every moment and may your recovery be quick and lasting.

I had to join boards to reply to you. Your post resonated so much with me. In 2012, we stayed Grand Floridian for my 40th birthday and ending chemo and radiation. (We actually cancelled a YC Platinum Plan stay to GF main building club in order to be more relaxing and easier on my body.) I was still wearing a scarf on my bald head and cried when Cinderella gave me my signed birthday card. I truly questioned if I would have my 41st birthday. We went back December 2012 after I finished herceptin. That time we took my parents for free dining since they helped so much during our rough 15 month stretch. It was glorious to celebrate and watch my parents watch my 7 year old. Both trips that year were good for my psyche and fairly relaxing as far as Disney trips go. I obsessed with the planning just like you have, and it was all worth it. I got a “Celebrate” button for both visits, and the CMs who asked the occasion were so lovely when I responded with ending cancer treatment.

5 years later and we are back for our 2nd YC Disney Holiday in 13 months. I truly wish for many more Disney trips for you and your family.

:welcome: to posting on this thread and the DIS!

:cool1:

Thank you so much for joining to provide some positive encouragement to RoyalJay.

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list for your future stay- Is that January 2020?

:woohoo:

I'm a little late providing feedback from our Thanksgiving trip!

Our first family stay at BCV was so wonderful! We ended up with a perfect room for our group, Room 127. I did not originally want a floor-level room but it was ready when we got there so we figured "why not?!". So glad we stayed with that choice. With 3 small kids, being that close to the busses and the main building was exactly what we needed! The outdoor area was right across from the smoking area, but it wasn't used that often.

We had a family of 5 in the deluxe studio and had no problems at all! Thank you for all of the tips from this board. The access to World Showcase was PRICELESS!

--EDIT to say that my kids were obsessed with the pool table in the BCV building! They wanted to be there more than the parks!

Thank you for providing a review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful trip.

:thumbsup2

I just looked it up, beautiful view out towards the water, you will love it. The picture is from 4609, one floor above

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

::yes::

Add us to the list we'll be at BCV 11/1-11/10. Any idea when the Christ mas decor went up in the resort this year?

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

party:

It's been mighty quiet around these parts, which is fine by me because I have still had trouble keeping up.

Those of you who have been around awhile know the former greeter at the Beach Club, Teena and I try to give updates every now and then about her and her family.

Teena and her dear granddaughter Lily, age 7 (and a couple of friends) had a recent WDW visit. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip.

Castle6 - Copy.JPG

Hollywood Studios.jpg

:grouphug:

It's been mighty quiet around these parts, which is fine by me because I have still had trouble keeping up.

Those of you who have been around awhile know the former greeter at the Beach Club, Teena and I try to give updates every now and then about her and her family.

Teena and her dear granddaughter Lily, age 7 (and a couple of friends) had a recent WDW visit. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip.

View attachment 369028

View attachment 369029

:grouphug:

7?!?! No way Lily is 7!

Does anyone know of anything that happened at YC today/tonight? The Market at Ale and Compass had the seating area all roped off and the Freestyle machines were both down. The area was open just a few hours prior and 1 Freestyle was operational. I went up to my room and saw maintenance with dehumidifiers so I assume a leak of some sort, but was unsure of how significant. I went in with Rapid Refill mugs and when I was told it was down I said no problem, I will go to BC. The CMs insisted it was not necessary and let my family and I pick any drink from the cooler. Very nice and unnecessary of them IMO.

I'm a little late providing feedback from our Thanksgiving trip!

Our first family stay at BCV was so wonderful! We ended up with a perfect room for our group, Room 127. I did not originally want a floor-level room but it was ready when we got there so we figured "why not?!". So glad we stayed with that choice. With 3 small kids, being that close to the busses and the main building was exactly what we needed! The outdoor area was right across from the smoking area, but it wasn't used that often.

We had a family of 5 in the deluxe studio and had no problems at all! Thank you for all of the tips from this board. The access to World Showcase was PRICELESS!

--EDIT to say that my kids were obsessed with the pool table in the BCV building! They wanted to be there more than the parks!

Thanks again for your review- any chance you have a picture(s) of the view from your room for the BCV room view/description thread?

If so, please post here or if it is easier, you may email pictures to me at beachclubdee at yahoo.

Thanks!

Got home on Saturday evening (along with a hitchhiking flu virus!!!) and am now feeling a bit better so thought I'd send along some photos of my room and balcony at Yacht Club. I was in room 5180 (club level - but 4th and 3rd floors should have the same type of balcony). As a big Beach Club lover, i really wasn't overwhelmed by the Yacht Club as some are, but often got up and out early and didn't return until late... which is probably why my tired old body came home with the flu! Anyway - you could hold a dance party on this balcony!! And, bonus, one night as I was sitting and enjoying the quiet, I happend upon the MK fireworks. Here are a couple of photos of the room and I'll put balcony pictures in a separate message

Thanks again for the room and balcony pictures.

I have added the balcony pictures to the Yacht Club View Thread.

Do you have any pictures of the view (which I believe is the front entrance parking lot)

Also, it looks like the room had 2 Queen Beds. Was there a daybed? Do you remember if the room had a connecting door?

Thanks!!!

Looking to update the pool hours history in Post 2.

:fish:

Is there anyone there now who can confirm the hours for early December?

How about November/Thanksgiving?

:thanks:

A little bit of a late review...we were there on 9/20-9/22 before leaving for our cruise. Walking into the Beach Club lobby made me so happy :) Last year we stayed at the Yacht club, loved it and were upgraded to a great room but there is nothing like the Beach Club!!! We were upgraded to a water view from a standard "magical deal" room a few days before ( I saw it on my Disney experience app, never happened before that I see it before arriving :)
We had room 4563, pretty close to the quiet pool. Loved the room and the view. Everything was pretty amazing. There was no construction or painting at the entrance but some painting in the walkway to the buses. The main work we saw was in the corner building by the quiet pool. It looked like some serious work, more than painting and it was a bit noisy over there-those would be the only rooms I would avoid. We had a long but narrow balcony.

Never mind the late review- I am finally getting around to adding the photos to the BC View/Description thread.

Can you confirm that this room had a full balcony?

Thanks!

I can send you photos each visit from BCV if you'd like. I didn't realize you wanted more than BC or YC. I stay about twice a year at BCV so if you need a particular photo from the villas, I can try to get them on my next trip in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!