Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you so much! That's what I will do. I'll call to preregister about a week before we go. What is the run map, around Crescent Lake?
You start at the YC marina, head over the Swan/Dolphin bridge, down the walkway to HS adjacent to the canal, U-turn just past the underpass/overpass, head back up the walkway, enter the Boardwalk by Jelly Rolls, run the Boardwalk, head back to BC/YC, under the SAB slide and to the finish [where you started].

You can cancel up to the day before.

We have 4 young kids, so these would be perfect for us as we spent most of our time in the sand bottom area. If only they had had them last summer...

Yes if I had young children I wouldn't think twice, its the perfect area. This trip is me and my almost 30 year old :eek: daughter, her first trip to Disney was when she was 2 1/2 and we haven't stopped going since :thumbsup2

Last time I was at YC in September we walked up and got a table in about 10-15 minutes. We made a reservation for another day after eating there, we liked it a lot!

Also (I'm just catching up y'all, sorry), cabanas?!? I read they have a 6 person maximum. Is that at a time or how are they figuring that? My entire family has invited themselves to my solo birthday trip (mom, dad, brother, sister, sister's boyfriend, possibly my poor husband) which makes 7 people total (two rooms). If I book a cabana can they use it while I'm in the park and we just sort of share it between all of us, or is it reserved by the room, or what? I know they literally just did the opening but just wondering if anyone's heard anything about that. :)

I'm not 100% sure, but they did ask for the names of each guest when I reserved the Cabana. I don't know if they noted this on the reservation or just do this to check that everyone is staying at the resort. She did tell me if any additional people are added I would need to call back and let them know.

The reservation is not linked to MDE, so I don't know that they will be scanning your Magic Bands at check in to verify all guest names.

Hello! Hoping someone can help me with room selection at the YC. We have a garden/woods view room and are staying a few days at the end of October with our will be 2 year old.

Unless I am missing something about the layout of the room, we are going to be at our son’s mercy while sharing a room. I’m thinking that we would be better served by a ground-floor room with patio that we can hang out on at night and have drinks and chat.

Ground floor would make it easier for one of us to be able to run out to a bar and pick up a drink to bring back to the room. Can anyone suggest a good spot for that? Just want to request a convenient location.

Also, if anyone has any experience about sharing the room with a toddler in a pack and play I am “all ears”. Thanks so much!

Hello! Hoping someone can help me with room selection at the YC. We have a garden/woods view room and are staying a few days at the end of October with our will be 2 year old.

Unless I am missing something about the layout of the room, we are going to be at our son’s mercy while sharing a room. I’m thinking that we would be better served by a ground-floor room with patio that we can hang out on at night and have drinks and chat.

Ground floor would make it easier for one of us to be able to run out to a bar and pick up a drink to bring back to the room. Can anyone suggest a good spot for that? Just want to request a convenient location.

Also, if anyone has any experience about sharing the room with a toddler in a pack and play I am “all ears”. Thanks so much!

We haven’t done it at YC, but we did share a room at the Poly with an almost 2 year old in a pack
N play and what we did was put the pack n play up against the foot of one of the beds, cover the other sides with a blanket (we always had to do that with our kids, bc if they could see us doing anything, they’d never go to sleep), wait until she fell asleep and then we could move about the room and do whatever. I guess your plan would just depend on how your LO sleeps, sleeps in a pack n play, etc., etc., but I can at least offer encouragement that it IS doable :goodvibes

Oh, and we also ALWAYS travel with a sound machine!

We always just threw our kids schedules out the door when we went on vacation, and they stayed up much later than usual. I wasn’t willing to end our evening at 8:00 or so to head to the room, which would have actually meant wrapping our plans up by 6:30-7:00. If they napped in the stroller great, if not we dealt with it. Sometimes they would fall asleep on the bed and I moved them to the pack n play, other times they just stayed up until we went to bed or at least settled down for the night. It probably wasn’t the best for them, but like I said I guess I don’t get mom of the year, because I didn’t want to have no evening plans and have to tiptoe around a dark room while at Disney!

Also, FWIW, we almost never access the room from the patio door when we’re on ground level. You can’t open it or lock it from the outside, and there is either thick grass (poly) or shrubs/foliage outside the patio, and some resorts have a railing even on ground level (GF). So personally I much prefer a balcony to a patio, with a higher view and no chance of them wandering off the patio. Also it is more private, without other guests walking by and often able to see in the room. If your kids climb a lot that might make a difference, though. All of the deluxe resorts have elevators, so I don’t worry about having to take one since I much prefer the balcony to the patio, and when we run out for a second without the stroller we just take the stairs.

The cabanas list cocktail service and dedicated cast member service. I wonder if this would include ordering food? I would be interested to know if you are allowed to eat at the cabanas or if that will be restricted to the Hurricane Hannah’s area. Anyone have any information about that yet?

The cabanas list cocktail service and dedicated cast member service. I wonder if this would include ordering food? I would be interested to know if you are allowed to eat at the cabanas or if that will be restricted to the Hurricane Hannah’s area. Anyone have any information about that yet?
Yes you can eat at the cabanas. The ones at YC/BC shared pool even includes the option of a fruit basket if you reserve in advance according to Disney's website. No idea if they'll include your server picking up food orders at HH for you.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure, but they did ask for the names of each guest when I reserved the Cabana. I don't know if they noted this on the reservation or just do this to check that everyone is staying at the resort. She did tell me if any additional people are added I would need to call back and let them know.

The reservation is not linked to MDE, so I don't know that they will be scanning your Magic Bands at check in to verify all guest names.

Love the inconsistencies, they asked for no names nor did they give me a max. Having rented before I am familiar but it truly baffles me that they don’t have a correct script for the reservation agents.

Love the inconsistencies, they asked for no names nor did they give me a max. Having rented before I am familiar but it truly baffles me that they don’t have a correct script for the reservation agents.

I’ve called twice and been told there are no AP discounts, but I know that’s not the case as many others here had them applied. It can be frustrating.

I’ve called twice and been told there are no AP discounts, but I know that’s not the case as many others here had them applied. It can be frustrating.
Maybe it's worth calling the AP help desk. They are usually very good at dealing with AP issues.

Hi, all. Quick question. Booked a Beach Club - Club Level - Water View Room. Does anyone know if all the rooms in this category have balconies? I’ll hang up and listen. Thanks!

Yep...sometimes you have to keep calling back until you get someone who tells you what you want to hear:). Frustrating. I'd keep pushing for the AP discount!

Yes you can eat at the cabanas. The ones at YC/BC shared pool even includes the option of a fruit basket if you reserve in advance according to Disney's website. No idea if they'll include your server picking up food orders at HH for you.

The CMs who serve the StormAlong pool deck normally take both food & drink orders. There is no reason to think the cabanas CMs won’t do the same.

Hi, all. Quick question. Booked a Beach Club - Club Level - Water View Room. Does anyone know if all the rooms in this category have balconies? I’ll hang up and listen. Thanks!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Not all of the BC club level rooms have full balconies but it is a higher percentage than the rest of resort. Closer to 80% of the rooms on the 5th floor have full balconies.

:goodvibes:

:welcome:

When is your trip?

Not all of the BC club level rooms have full balconies but it is a higher percentage than the rest of resort. Closer to 80% of the rooms on the 5th floor have full balconies.

:goodvibes:
August 25-31...should be interesting!

I've been avoiding this place because I've been trying to get myself excited for our upcoming stay at the Swan. Nice hotel just not Disney and we all really missed that feeling when we stayed at the Dolphin for a quick trip Last Fall....but then Tuesday happened and we're staying at our first love - BC!!! Happened to check for availability and then an AP discount so how could we say no!?! You guys are the only group that gets why we're SO SO excited and happy! 9 days!!! party:

Hi Everyone! We stayed at the Beach Club a couple of weeks ago. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We absolutely loved the pool, being in the middle of the Crescent Lake action, and being close to the Boardwalk.

I thought it might be helpful to share a few things:

1. We took DME and it was 2 hours from the time we stepped off the plane until we got to the resort. (Our plane landed at 3:00 PM).

2. We ate at Hurricane Hanna’s twice. My husband had a burger both times and liked them. I had the chicken sandwich and quinoa wrap. The chicken sandwich was salty, but I was so hungry that I didn’t care. The quinoa wrap was just okay, but I liked it because it had a ton of veggies. Overall I would say the food quality is typical for a bar and grill.

3. One thing I didn’t realize about Hurricane Hanna’s was that the bar and restaurant are separate. I was planning to get a fresh cocktail with my QS meal credit, but they weren’t serving those at the restaurant. Instead they had some the Cutwater canned cocktails, wine, and beer. Not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it.

4. I was worried about my kids not having sand pails for the pool, but there were tons of the pails from Hurricane Hanna’s laying around.

5. We had mixed feelings about the Freestyle machines. One was broken, and the one that was working had a finicky touchscreen. It made for longish waits and frustration. But we liked the variety of choices.

6. We had a ton of fun pin trading. It was our first time, and we learned they have a book behind the check-in counter and a big board in the Sandcastle Club.

We stayed in a DVC studio. I'll try to share some balcony views when I get a chance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter