Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Cabana Question. How far out can you book? 180? 60? Anytime?

And can you request the particular cabana?

True, with a fence around it and someone at the gate to check the wrist bands or magic bands. The lifeguards at this pool will blow the whistle at anything out of the ordinary. Aren’t we suppose to help give our opinion to others who need it. I just just said absolutely not, nothing else. I think it was a fair answer to the question.

Thanks. It was literally a simple question my wife asked me to post on this board. It amazes me some of the responses I often see in these threads.
Wow, I actually was just trying to answer the question posed by a prior poster about why it was not allowed. No need to get so defensive.

I'm a few pages behind in responding to posts here, but I try to read through replies every day.

Just a gentle reminder that we take a lot of pride on this thread providing information without a lot of drama. That means we encourage questions from those who want to learn about the Yacht & Beach Club resort and that it is preferable for people to respond with helpful information without getting personal or passing judgement.

Thanks again for keeping this a friendly, welcoming place where posters are not discouraged from asking questions.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:

Page 1589

We have seen buses marked Yacht and Beach Club at the DHS bus depot for the early morning park opening. I was surprised to see them there because boats were also running and I didn't think they would provide buses if the boats were running. But we saw these buses both during our December trip and January trip. There were probably part of the extra early bus service so that people could get to Hollywood Studios before the park opened.

Interesting news!

It's a great idea to have transportation to keep up with the demand to get the masses to HS for the early hours there but I wonder how exactly they expect guests to know this option is offered!

:confused3

Be Our Guest Add
We are going to Beach Club Garden View June 22 to the 27th!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Super excited! We have booked YC CL for July 4-11. We stayed split stay at BC and CR CL in 2018 and did CR CL in 2017. My family does love club level. I was nervous not staying near MK this year, but I think the kids will really love the ability to easily do the gondolas and walk, boat, or gondola to HS for star wars. YC looks lovely too and the kids adored the pool. My husband is just doing the morning parks with us and then heading to the gym and otherwise lounging around, beer in hand, no doubt. Have the dogs become any sort of issue at YC? Also, what have you found to be the easiest way over to MK (we will have a car...ackkk parking fees). Thank you!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We have not really heard horror stories about the dogs at the resort. There have been reports and sightings, but it is not that frequent. I don't think I saw any dogs during my short, 2 night stay at the YC, but I was at the parks more than in the areas of the resort.

If you use the car to get to MK, you have to park at the TTC and take either the ferry or the monorail to the park gates. The buses drop off at the park gates, so that is the big advantage to that mode of transportation.

The monorail is a possibility. It will take a lot longer to get to MK via the monorail, probably twice as long, but if you have anything to do while walking through EPCOT, then it is a good option. I will usually do this in reverse, returning back to the resort from MK via EPCOT. Park Hoppers necessary for this.

I believe that Minnie Vans can also get you to the MK gate, but Uber/LYFT/Taxi can only bring you to the TTC or MK Resorts

:car:

Looks like we will be renting a crib for our May stay at YC, I’ve checked the family board and it seems kingdom rentals & babys best friend are the options. I know there are new rules for bell services/deliveries, any input on which company would be better? From what I’ve read it varies by resort

Great question!

I have never used a rental company for a crib, stroller or mobility device, so I have to rely on others for their input.
We would love to hear from anyone who has rented from either of these companies, particularly since the delivery rule changes in October.

::yes::

Switching to a king room today, so I’ll go ahead and post this now

BC SV room 3723
2 queens & daybed
Full balcony
Tub
Keurig
Far end of 3rd floor with a bit of a SAB view
Have our new room, and I’ll post pics because it’s a new-to-me layout. I’ll post the room number later, but it’s one of those sideways rooms on the second floor above the lobby.

1 king plus sofa bed (not sure if it’s a single since we didn’t pull it out)
Tub and shower combo
Keurig
NO balcony, just a window that gets a partial view of the valet station
Feels HUGE (not sure if actually bigger or not)
Limited drawer storage (two in each bedside table plus two small ones and two small cabinets under tv)
Would be great for a couple with a pack n play or an ECV (lots of floor space)

Thank you so much for the detailed info about your rooms.

I'll add 3723 to the Beach Club View Thread and the new room after your stay.

I was not aware that there was a room at BC with no balcony at all! How are you feeling about that?

:confused:

I’m interested in finding out the ins and outs of crib delivery too. Dgs dies not sleep well in pack and play and a full crib is just a request, so we are thinking about renting a crib

Side note Dee- once again I’ve tweaked our plans. We are now at GF Sugarloaf CL July 4-6 and then transferring to YV July 6-14. We were only able to book a standard view with FD, but I’m hoping I can upgrade to gc at check in!

Page 1590

If you are staying in a room with 5 people (2adult/3 kids) is it mandatory to get a room with a daybed?

Here is my understanding of the assignment of rooms with daybeds-

A group with 5 people (as others have said, kids all over age 3) will get priority for a room with a daybed. That is, they should get a room that has a daybed over a group of 4 or less who has "Daybed, please" as a request to their reservation.

The resort must provide sleeping surfaces for everyone who is booked in the room, so in the very rare instances when there are no daybed rooms available when you are checking in, then the resort should be providing a rollaway cot. It has happened, but is rare.

To be on the safe side, I would recommend adding a request for a daybed to your room reservation: "Daybed please, 5 people in room". If you are assigned to a room without a daybed at checkin, before settling in to the room, go to the front desk (don't call), to see if they can resolve the situation.

A bit of a random question:

My wife and I are staying at YC for the very first time this October. We're just curious if, at Stormalong Bay in the lazy river section, can you sit on a tube with a cocktail in hand?

:welcome: to the thread!

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

Although poolside drinks from Hurricane Hanna's are served in plastic cups, I believe the posters who have responded and said that drinks (and food) are not permitted in the pool are correct.

Here is a picture of the pool rules from the resort quiet pools. I don't seem to have one specifically from Stormalong Bay- I imagine they have them posted, but I haven't noticed. I presume the rules would carry over to the feature pool

pool rules.jpg

:fish:

My daughter & I will be staying at YC in May to celebrate her 16th bday!
We have stayed at beach club with a water view and really enjoyed seeing the boardwalk, Fireworks, etc.
We both prefer to catch glimpses of the action vs a quiet view or quiet pool area but we don’t have a WV this time...so,
Any suggestions on a particular area of YC w/ a GV room that might fit this description? :)

I believe the GV rooms at the Yacht Club are either 1) gazebo courtyard view, which may provide peek-a-boo views of the lake, 2) back entrance (lakeside) courtyard view, which may provide some glimpses of action from guests coming and going. Not sure if any of these rooms are angled to have glimpses of the lake 3) YC quiet pool.

Sounds like option 1 or 2 would be preferred so I suggested requesting "Gazebo Courtyard or Back Entrance Courtyard view, please"

Starting to plan our next trip in 2021, and I'm hoping to again stay at our favorite resort, the Yacht and Beach club. I did have a couple of questions about changes since my last trip. I was wondering how the skyliner has affected opening at Epcot via the international gateway, and how it has affected the crowds around crescent lake if at all.. was also wondering about people's experiences with dogs at the Yacht club. My wife is allergic, and we just want to make sure that we are not in the vicinity of any dogs. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with this. Thanks, and looking forward to beginning the planning! :-)

Let us know if you book a stay here.

So the reports about the impact of the gondolas to the International Gateway have been mixed, and I think will continue to evolve. Are you asking about how larger the crowds are prior to park opening? I think they have opened additional security lines and possibly tapstiles, but now that some of the resorts are limited bus service to EPCOT and HS (like to once an hour), that is probably funneling more people there*

*I have not been following this news- Does the hourly bus service from AoA, Pop, CB also include the early morning hours to EP? It seems silly that they wouldn't run buses to the front of the park and instead send guests to the International Gateway in the hours before the World Showcase is fully open

The arrival of a boat from HS with its influx of people seems to have a larger impact on crowds at the gate since there are so many people coming in at once vs. the continual but smaller groups coming from the Skyliner.

🚡

Are the gazebo CL view rooms at the YC considered garden view or water view rooms? Just trying to check out prices on the disney website. Are there many CL gazebo view rooms?

thanks

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I believe there are 5 YC CL GV rooms. 4 have gazebo views and one overlooks the back entrance courtyard. I haven't stayed in that room but someone who has said there are no views of the lake from this room due to the way the room is angled.

You can request a complimentary deep clean because of allergies. I got one for WL club level last month. I am severely allergic to mold and very sensitive to mildew smells. I quickly get sinus infections. (Fall is misery for me until hard frost lol.) I had seen people comment on the WL thread about ground floor rooms with mold/mildew and dusty furniture and bed covers since the rooms are showing their age. I was also concerned about leaves, pine needles, etc. on the fully enclosed balcony that might not have been blown away by wind or housekeeping. I was able to make my request through DSS, but I asked about it several times thereafter. I included specifics as to what my allergy concerns were with initial request. They also mentioned the deep clean upon check in. Our room was spotless, as was the balcony. We did have to wait until around 4 pm to allow for my specific room assignment to receive the deep clean.

I have never stayed at BC, but it still has carpet. YC has no carpet. I would request a deep clean for allergies (include your other allergies that could be affected and not just dog dander) and call again about 2 weeks before check in to make sure it is on your reservation. I would also ask for verification at check in. Ask for on duty manager if you are not satisfied with response. I have stayed at YC several times since refurb with no real issue. In fact, less bedding and hard floors have made YC far better for me than most hotels. We also stayed ground floor once near a small pet who we never saw nor heard except when we saw it lounging in its room through the patio doors while walking on boardwalk. However, my experience may not be of help to you. While I am allergic to dog dander, it is no where near my most severe allergy concern.

Thank you so much for this VERY helpful info!!!

:thanks:

So excited that we’re booked at BC 5/15-5/20. Even more excited that my sister & her family are coming with us for their first visit. I can’t wait!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Last edited:
Although poolside drinks from Hurricane Hanna's are served in plastic cups, I believe the posters who have responded and said that drinks (and food) are not permitted in the pool are correct.

Here is a picture of the pool rules from the resort quiet pools. I don't seem to have one specifically from Stormalong Bay- I imagine they have them posted, but I haven't noticed. I presume the rules would carry over to the feature pool

Just to clarify, Hurricane Hannas does serve beer in bottles, which is what I was referring to as glass. I know, because on our last trip, I saw a lifeguard repeatedly tell a gentleman standing by the sandy pool he could not have a drink there because the glass was a risk to kids, and he just sat there ignoring and waving away the lifeguard, causing a scene. I was not trying to attack the person asking the question, I was trying to answer it. I really have no idea how my reply caused so much offense, but I'll leave this thread now. This is bonkers.

I once took some wine in my disney mug to a pool in the evening (not at BC/YC) and we planned only to sit on the side and soak our tired feet. The lifeguard approached and said that I couldn't have any beverage within a certain distance of the pool, citing the chemical issues if it were spilled). I simply put it well behind me as we sat and only sipped while turning around and putting it back at a distance. I don't think that a spill would really affect the chemicals that much, but I understand that they are only trying to be fair to all about enforcing the rules. Can't remember what the distance was, whether 6 or 10 feet, but when I placed the mug as far as I could reach behind me, he let me do it.

I have sat in the GF pool with an alcoholic drink in a plastic cup from the bar. This is commonplace there. I would dig up some pics, but it's 5:17 a.m.!😃 You could also put your drink in a Disney mug.

I am not sure why, as I have never stayed there nor bothered to check out their pool rules when visiting, but I have heard this about the GF pool before you posted this, so maybe it has different rules. At SAB, however, there are signs that clearly say no food or beverages in the pool or on the pool deck and the lifeguards absolutely enforce this. There is a certain distance that they require beverages be kept away from the pool and they are quite strict about it at SAB in my experience.

Maybe I am just a really direct person, or a few posts were removed, but I see nothing negative or rude in the responses to the original question.

Page 1590

Here is my understanding of the assignment of rooms with daybeds-

A group with 5 people (as others have said, kids all over age 3) will get priority for a room with a daybed. That is, they should get a room that has a daybed over a group of 4 or less who has "Daybed, please" as a request to their reservation.

The resort must provide sleeping surfaces for everyone who is booked in the room, so in the very rare instances when there are no daybed rooms available when you are checking in, then the resort should be providing a rollaway cot. It has happened, but is rare.

To be on the safe side, I would recommend adding a request for a daybed to your room reservation: "Daybed please, 5 people in room". If you are assigned to a room without a daybed at checkin, before settling in to the room, go to the front desk (don't call), to see if they can resolve the situation.

:welcome: to the thread!

I will add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

View attachment 468736

:fish:

I believe the GV rooms at the Yacht Club are either 1) gazebo courtyard view, which may provide peek-a-boo views of the lake, 2) back entrance (lakeside) courtyard view, which may provide some glimpses of action from guests coming and going. Not sure if any of these rooms are angled to have glimpses of the lake 3) YC quiet pool.

Sounds like option 1 or 2 would be preferred so I suggested requesting "Gazebo Courtyard or Back Entrance Courtyard view, please"

Let us know if you book a stay here.

So the reports about the impact of the gondolas to the International Gateway have been mixed, and I think will continue to evolve. Are you asking about how larger the crowds are prior to park opening? I think they have opened additional security lines and possibly tapstiles, but now that some of the resorts are limited bus service to EPCOT and HS (like to once an hour), that is probably funneling more people there*

*I have not been following this news- Does the hourly bus service from AoA, Pop, CB also include the early morning hours to EP? It seems silly that they wouldn't run buses to the front of the park and instead send guests to the International Gateway in the hours before the World Showcase is fully open

The arrival of a boat from HS with its influx of people seems to have a larger impact on crowds at the gate since there are so many people coming in at once vs. the continual but smaller groups coming from the Skyliner.

🚡

I believe there are 5 YC CL GV rooms. 4 have gazebo views and one overlooks the back entrance courtyard. I haven't stayed in that room but someone who has said there are no views of the lake from this room due to the way the room is angled.

Thank you so much for this VERY helpful info!!!

:thanks:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks for the post and picture about the pool rules. I was just letting that person know that the BC/YC lifeguards are strict about the rules.

I am not sure why, as I have never stayed there nor bothered to check out their pool rules when visiting, but I have heard this about the GF pool before you posted this, so maybe it has different rules. At SAB, however, there are signs that clearly say no food or beverages in the pool or on the pool deck and the lifeguards absolutely enforce this. There is a certain distance that they require beverages be kept away from the pool and they are quite strict about it at SAB in my experience.

Maybe I am just a really direct person, or a few posts were removed, but I see nothing negative or rude in the responses to the original question.

There were definitely drinks in both of the GF pools when we were there this summer. The servers/lifeguards were very aware of this.

I've never brought a drink into SAB. I've never seen anyone with drinks in the pool there. However, SAB has many life guards, and I bet that the lack of sight lines require them to be extra vigilant around pool rules. If I fed the flames on this pool drinking debate, then my apologies.

@natebenma since I’ll be staying at CBR this summer Ive been looking into Skyliner and from what I read, the busses run regularly in the early mornings dropping off at the usual bus loop at Ep or DHS. Then when the Skyliner starts, the bus service goes to the new hourly schedule for DHS & Ep.

Thank you so much for the detailed info about your rooms.

I'll add 3723 to the Beach Club View Thread and the new room after your stay.

I was not aware that there was a room at BC with no balcony at all! How are you feeling about that?

:confused:

I edited the original post to add that it was 2662, and it’s noisy. Unbelievably noisy. You are effectively sleeping in all the chaos of the BC lobby. It is the loudest room we’ve ever stayed in. Think All Stars during Pop Warner loud and then double it. DH wears earplugs to sleep, so he didn’t mind as much, but I had trouble sleeping.

None of the four rooms along this section of hall seem to have a balcony, and with where ours was positioned you couldn’t even really see out the window much. It was different. I think it would have bugged me if the weather was better, but it was too cold to happily sit outside much anyway.

The room is huge feeling on the inside, though, and we loved the layout. It‘s also very easy to access, close to the elevators and stairs. We used the stairs on the Cape May side as a shortcut to SAB, to avoid traipsing through the lobby in wet swimwear.

I don’t know if I’d stay in that room again, though, due to the noise level. I think it would be worth putting up with DH hogging a queen size bed to avoid the noise.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter