Disneysea 1 day plan with Happy 15

Ash Derek

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Family of 4 from Australia heading to Japan in 2 1/2 weeks and super excited.
As a planner and researcher Ive read everything I can about our trip and in particular Disney.

We are staying 1 night at Miracosta (the pain of the wallet I hope is worth it!) before moving to Hotel Okura Bay for 2 nights. Doing 1 day in Disneysea and 1 day in Disneyland.

We booked Miracosta so we can enjoy the Happy 15 and will obviously make the most of that. All the plans Ive seen advise skipping Toy Story if youve done it. We havent and would like to do so.

So my question(s)- from the experts here- what would be the best plan?
Get there early, sprint..I mean walk within the rules...no sprint to Toy Story and get Fastpass and then ride ToT? Or vice verca? And then head over to Journey for when it opens at 9am?

Just trying to figure out what would be the best use of our 15 minutes.

Thanks- have planned out the rest of trip in Tokyo and Kyoto so happy to answer questions on those and report back mid April when we return!

I'm not an expert on Happy 15 because I usually stay off site but try to do Toy Story first or grab that FP first if the line is longer than 15 minutes. If you ride, then grab the ToT FP after but if you FP Toy Story, you could try to ride ToT. From my experience, if you arrive at journey 15 minutes after opening, expect around 30 minutes wait but if you arrive 30 minutes after opening expect 60+. So if you think you can make your way to Journey before 9:15, you could try riding it but I would probably make that a FP and ride it later in the day. At some early point in the morning, you should try the show lottery. If you must see Big Band Beat and don't have a ticket from the show lottery or special package, it is advised to arrive over an hour before the first show.

Alternatively, the plan I would personally make is to rush for Tip Top Easter (assuming it is non-lottery for the first show and lottery for the later shows). Then I would leave the rest of my group and grab Toy Story FP and the show lotteries then come back to wait for the show. If Tip Top Easter is as good as Fashionable Easter was, it's possible that the entire main stage seating area for the first show will be filled by hotel guests.

I've been told you don't get the 15min on the first day of your stay. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

You don't get happy 15 on the first day. You get it on your second day until your checkout day.

If you don't have Happy 15 and you need to ride TSM, it may be better to ride it on standby at opening. If you line up to get FP, you'll be behind the Happy 15 group and your return time will be in the evening. You may also get ToT FP first, then do TSM on standby.

You don't get happy 15 on the first day. You get it on your second day until your checkout day.

If you don't have Happy 15 and you need to ride TSM, it may be better to ride it on standby at opening. If you line up to get FP, you'll be behind the Happy 15 group and your return time will be in the evening. You may also get ToT FP first, then do TSM on standby.
This is incorrect.

You do get access to DisneySea during Happy 15 on your check-in day if you are staying at MiraCosta or Ambassador.

Thanks all.

I can confirm after checking that guests at Miracosta can get Happy 15 on their day of Check in. We wont be arriving until afternoon so it would be the morning after we stayed there.

Looks like we will FP Toy Story, do ToT and then hopefully get across to Journey of the Earth as close to 9am as possible before the park opens to all. Im assuming thats possible.

We have chosen what looks like quiet days in the parks. (I know its always packed but its about as low as it gets on the Crowd Calendar). Cant wait!

We split when we did Happy 15 - so my partner got a Toy Story FP and I rode ToT (which was a walk on).

I think if we hadn't split the queue was already 20 mins when I exited.

We then road Journey with a 15 min wait and Leagues with no wait.

This was early September on a Wednesday.

We split when we did Happy 15 - so my partner got a Toy Story FP and I rode ToT (which was a walk on).

I think if we hadn't split the queue was already 20 mins when I exited.

We then road Journey with a 15 min wait and Leagues with no wait.

This was early September on a Wednesday.

Hi there- do you mean your partner didn’t ride ToT- just gor the FP for Toy Story? There was no chance to grab the FP and then both ride ToT?

Hi there- do you mean your partner didn’t ride ToT- just gor the FP for Toy Story? There was no chance to grab the FP and then both ride ToT?

He didn't ride it because he doesn't like drop rides. If we'd have both queued for the FP then rode ToT it would not have been a walk-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!