No zombies here, just 10+ years of trip reports!!!

Went to Norway. Frozen after Ever was down, and we arrived when they re-opened. So, we made it on with a 5 minute wait.

zelsa house.jpg

I was sad when they did away with the Maelstrom, but the Frozen Ever After ride was done really well with the character animatronic and placement. And yes, they still play "Let it Go".

Still found the troll.

z troll.jpg

And, onto a 20 min wait for photos with Elsa and Anna. I'm partial to Elsa.

z elsa.jpg

Ana

z anna.jpg

I had a discussion with the CM about Prof Xavier training Elsa to use her powers. :sad2:

Last edited:
Test Track went down while we were standing in line. So we wrapped up the day with Mission Space and Spaceship Earth.

zfigment.jpg

Figment topiary.

Last edited:

Looks like a great time being had. Are you using the word "photo" as a place holder to go back and add pics later?

Space Mountain FP+.

SM.jpg

Then, went to Starbucks for mid morning coffee. Stopped for the Main Street Marching band. Hadn't seen them before.

zmarching band.jpg

Didn't take a picture of that line.

Last edited:
Mad Hatter Tea Party.

zhatter.jpg

The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

z pooh.jpg

Seems to be about a 30 minute stand by for these rides so far this AM. Space Mountain was 85 minutes at FP+ time. Another busy day.

Last edited:
Time for some churros, pretzel, and popcorn snack. Then, onto the Emporium to find socks for DW as some nasty woman splashed the dirty rain water on her sock/ shoe. No need to itch all day.

Then, onto Philharmagic.

zphil.jpg

Also changed dinner dining reservation this evening from Tony's to Kona. Definitely an upgrade and better way to end this vacation. Now we have to figure out where to watch Wishes - Poly beach or TOTWL.

Peter Pan Flights.

zpeterpan.jpg

Would be better if bourbon flights were served while waiting in line. However, at least the line is indoors and has AC.

Last edited:
Looking like a great vacation! The 20 min wait for EE single rider line is a good perspective. I never have to wait more than 5-10. It really seems like ROL missed the mark a bit.

We're still out on our Disneyland trip. We want to try Aulani once, too, but it's just such a long flight from NY. For DL, we are glad we came here, but no plans on ever coming back. WDW is so much better in every way. The only thing really "have to see" is Carsland. It really lives up to the hype. They did an amazing job. And we're seeing World of Color tonight, which is supposed to be great, too.

One of the biggest things we're realizing is how much we like the FP+ system. They still have the old paper system for the rides here that can even take it, while some, like Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania, don't have it at all. After seeing the 55 minute wait at 7:30am for Hyperspace Mountain, and not being able to pull a FP yet since it wasn't regular open, we got really bummed out. All the backtracking and everything with the paper system just really stinks. We waited in more 30-45+ minute lines this week than we ever have in our WDW trips. They are changing it later this year so that you can book through the app, but it will work just like the old paper system (one at a time, pull the next one at the start of the prior FP window, etc), but you don't have to go to the physical machine. Oh, and that will cost $10 pp/day extra for that option. Yay?

Looking like a great vacation! The 20 min wait for EE single rider line is a good perspective. I never have to wait more than 5-10. It really seems like ROL missed the mark a bit.

We're still out on our Disneyland trip. We want to try Aulani once, too, but it's just such a long flight from NY. For DL, we are glad we came here, but no plans on ever coming back. WDW is so much better in every way. The only thing really "have to see" is Carsland. It really lives up to the hype. They did an amazing job. And we're seeing World of Color tonight, which is supposed to be great, too.

One of the biggest things we're realizing is how much we like the FP+ system. They still have the old paper system for the rides here that can even take it, while some, like Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania, don't have it at all. After seeing the 55 minute wait at 7:30am for Hyperspace Mountain, and not being able to pull a FP yet since it wasn't regular open, we got really bummed out. All the backtracking and everything with the paper system just really stinks. We waited in more 30-45+ minute lines this week than we ever have in our WDW trips. They are changing it later this year so that you can book through the app, but it will work just like the old paper system (one at a time, pull the next one at the start of the prior FP window, etc), but you don't have to go to the physical machine. Oh, and that will cost $10 pp/day extra for that option. Yay?

I agree on the walking part. However, with that system, I could walk to ride, get FP, ride, and come back later. Can't do that now. If we could just get more than 3 FP+, and book extra ones on the phone, then it may be better. Or, an Express Pass like at Universal.

I agree on the walking part. However, with that system, I could walk to ride, get FP, ride, and come back later. Can't do that now. If we could just get more than 3 FP+, and book extra ones on the phone, then it may be better. Or, an Express Pass like at Universal.

Yeah the express pass system is the best perk by far. But at WDW they would probably need to restrict it to just a few of the deluxes or probably charge extra for it. Or both!

Epcot was a lot better today than the rest of the week. It was crowded, but more manageable. Or, maybe we just know the park better.

As for the phone, I think it is the wifi. But, I need the wifi to upload pictures as I don't have the unlimited data plan. So, I'll just post the story and add photos later. Not the best plan, but all I got.

The first Soarin was great. Row three in section B.

The FP put us in row 1 in section C. Soarin looked more like Inception with the building curving.

I liked the original better.

I/we like the original best also.

Went to Norway. Frozen after Ever was down, and we arrived when they re-opened. So, we made it on with a 5 minute wait.

photo

I was sad when they did away with the Maelstrom, but the Frozen Ever After ride was done really well with the character animatronic and placement. And yes, they still play "Let it Go".

Still found the troll.

photo

And, onto a 20 min wait for photos with Elsa and Anna.

photos

I had a discussion with the CM about Prof Xavier training Elsa to use her powers. :sad2:

Tried for this a few times - never made it - maybe Novemeber.

What did you choose - Poly Beach or TOTWL - I like both, but if the weather is warm I like the beach best.

Yeah the express pass system is the best perk by far. But at WDW they would probably need to restrict it to just a few of the deluxes or probably charge extra for it. Or both!

True. Or, 3 to ticket pre-purchases, add one more for staying at resort, one more for dvc member, one more for AP holder.

I/we like the original best also.

::yes::

It's not that the new one is bad (other than Inception view buildings), but they could have just added the Epcot scene to the end and kept the old one.

If you enjoy pizza and have the time try Blaze pizza at Disney Springs.

Big pizza fan. Will add it to the list for next time at Disney Springs.

Tried for this a few times - never made it - maybe Novemeber.

We only happened on it by luck. If the ride hadn't went down, then probably would have skipped. I don't want to use a fp with the tier over there.

What did you choose - Poly Beach or TOTWL - I like both, but if the weather is warm I like the beach best.

Neither. We finished with a great meal at Kona. I think dw felt bad for me with my back hurting and said to go back to the resort early.

7DMT fp+. I do like using the acronyms someone came up with on the Disboards.

z7dmt.jpg

This is my 2nd time riding this, and I still don't get the appeal. It is as small as the Barnstormer, lasts less time than Dumbo, and has a 120 minute wait. :scared1:

I liked the old Snow White ride better as well. And, yes, Get off my lawn! I know the other wasn't a roller coaster, but this isn't much of one either.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter