DL annoyances and peeves. This is largely meant to be fun. Please add your own (unless I've covered absolutely everything ;-)).

Stoppers are one of the only times I need to bite my lip to not say something rude. I am very mindful how I walk in DL because I am tall and have a long stride, I need to keep an eye on the kiddos..... but the adult sudden stoppers have caused me more close calls than any little one.

I have a bigger problem with people who choose to use foul language. I use foul language sometimes and I don't have a problem with it when used in proper company and location. Disneyland is NOT the place to use it.

People who get lost in their phone. Usually they cause a hold up somewhere or another.

These have already been covered obviously... but on a serious note most of these pet peeves people have brought up are caused by people who are thinking only for themselves or are just plain oblivious. It's kinda sad because those park goers are ones that can ruin it for others.

Me too. Those things are not cute. Also, most kids using them seem to derive NO pleasure from them. They sit there, pressing down on the button with a dead eyed expression on their faces, absolutely raining bubbles down on everyone nearby.
Ha! That's so true. They never seem too excited about it.

Space Invaders
Im just back from Disneyland. I did Fantasmic Blue Bayou Dining Package and waited in line before the CM's opened the viewing section to make sure I was second into the viewing section so that I could specifically choose a spot at the railings centered on the stage. I scouted back a bit from the railings and made myself comfortable on my Fantasmic cushion. At one sage I had shifted my legs and there was a gap between me and the railings. Suddenly from no where a Japanese family, who obviously had not done the Blue Bayou dining package as they didnt have cushions ran into the section. The dad and one child squished right up behind a group of girls at the railings and the mom and and a second child tried to jump over my legs into the gap between me and the railings. Oh hell no lady, you will NOT sit there. I yelled at her and unfolded my legs and she got the message pretty quick.

Disney Moms who go against CM instructions
At Radiator Racers I was single rider. I was put into a car with a Disney family, the mom with 2 kids in the back, the dad and grandfather in the front. The mom wasnt happy that I was put in their car and tried to tell me that I couldnt join her family, when as a single rider I was sent to their car by the CM. She thought she could intimidate me by saying oh we are all one group, you have to join another car. I said no, you are a group of 5 and as a single rider I have been told to fill in the extra space and I got into the car.
Ugh! That happened to me with being a single rider. People act like they paid some sort of premium, or that their family takes precedence over everyone else.

Flash photography on rides.
When we went to WDW Twice I encountered people who thought it was okay to record with a LIGHT ON. Both times I shut them down. Na'vi River Journey a couple in front of us did this and I had to say, you need to stop, you're ruining this ride for other people. The second a woman actually stuck her arm between my husband and I (who had camped out our spots for quite a while) to record Illuminations with a LIGHT ON. I just turned around and stared at her. She stopped. I have not experienced this at Disneyland thankfully. Hopefully I never will again.

Last edited:
Fake screamers on rides. I don’t mean the ‘this is fun’ screaming. I mean the high pitched shrill screaming on a ride just to be obnoxious.
This happend on SM a few years ago. You could tell it was way excessive as she was screaming bloody murder when the car was even just first pulling out of the station. We were right behind her. DH had a massive headache after the ride from all the screaming. The ride wasn't a factor as its never bugged him before. He said his ears were ringing from all the screaming. We ended up at first aide for a bit so he could go lay down in the back.

Flash photography on rides
I have a history of epilepsy. I can get triggered by sudden light bursts in the dark. I know when I have to close AND cover my eyes on certain rides. Like SM right at the end when they take a photo. I once lectured someone after a ride because they kept taking pictures in the dark (pirates bayou scene) right in front of me. I definitely made them feel bad as it partially triggered me and I had to lay down for the rest of the ride because my vision went black and I was super disoriented.
People truly don't realize (or maybe care) how their actions can affect others

Flash photography on dark rides!!! It makes me so annoyed.
This!!! Like my previous comment.

Not just annoying, but can actually be dangerous for others. Flash on dark rides can cause medical issues for other guests who are sensitive to this. I wish more people were aware of this and realized that their carelessness/inconsiderate behavior/cluelessness can put others at risk.
Yup!!! That's me.

... The second a woman actually stuck her arm between my husband and I (who had camped out our spots for quite a while) to record Illuminations with a LIGHT ON. I just turned around and stared at her. She stopped. I have not experienced this at Disneyland thankfully. Hopefully I never will again.
Oh, I don't know about that... some people are beyond clueless. There was a young woman in the row behind us at the Hyperion Theater who was recording the Frozen show using my mother's head as her tripod. Uh huh. When firm glances didn't do the trick, I firmly pushed the woman's arms off the back of my mom's seat as I stretched my arm across. She actually had the nerve to try to position herself back on my arm, but DH intervened and stretched his arm over my arm right before she could do so. That seemed to get the message across. That woman was really strange.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know about that... some people are beyond clueless. There was a young woman in the row behind us at the Hyperion Theater who was recording the Frozen show using my mother's head as her tripod. Uh huh. When firm glances didn't do the trick, I firmly pushed the woman's arms off the back of my mom's seat as I stretched my arm across. She actually had the nerve to try to position herself back on my arm, but DH intervened and stretched his arm over my arm right before she could do so. That seemed to get the message across. That woman was really strange.
That is insane! I believe it though, done people are so weird!

People wearing skimpy clothes with their butt cheeks showing 😳 also, people who have loud conversations using the term “b!%&h constantly...

And people who stand in line and discuss their war stories in full detail.... stood in line in front of a guy talking about blowing off heads in Iran 😰 definitely took me out of “the happiest place on earth”

Ugh I know. On my last trip as I was getting on Radiator Springs Racers, they unloaded this group and I could swear that one of the women was wearing something like that mankini thing Borat wears(but with shorts) where all of her goods were practically on display. I couldn’t believe Disney let her in like that.

This mostly pertains to POTC because guests are put close together on a boat:

Constant conversationalists who don't really give two figs about actually BEING on the ride. There is nothing so annoying as when the ride ambiance is overridden with a person's relentless jabbering.... "MacKenzie's after-school sports is helping her get into UCLA but she's also weighing out-of-state options and how will I pay for that when I have to consider Ashley's graduation is only three years away? And her grades are slipping this semester! I'm sure her boyfriend is a bad influence when all he wants to do is hang out at the skate park and...." I don't think she paused for breath. I think she is gifted with the ability to speak while inhaling.

At this point, the only words I want to hear are MAN OVERBOARD and Davy Jones is paying her a visit.

Here is a big one. No organization with the bus lines. People just push through. At least that was my experience a couple of years ago. I have decided to use Uber or Lyft from now on to avoid the craziness.

saw this at Blue Bayou a few weeks ago in June. I do all my reservations between 60 and 50 days in advance, so I went to the host stand to check in for my Blue Bayou lunch reservation. It was about 1.15pm and the lady in front of my was VERY disappointed that no walk ups were available and kept asking the host to check for this time and that time. Ok I know that in June crowds were way down but still Blue Bayou is a signature restaurant AND does the Fantasmic dining package. There were 2 Fantasmic shows on that night, so of course Blue Bayou will be busy.

I’m the type to do BB walk up. The thing with BB is knowing timing it right for a walk up and if your told no not being afraid to come back later and try again. I actually overheard CMs the other night tell a couple that your best shot at getting a walk up is either on the half hour or on the hour. Usually if I’m trying I treat it like a reservation and shoot for the half hour. Works like a charm all but one of my recent dinners there have been walk ups.

In general with walk up its knowing when to time it right or if its even possible. Cathay Circle never has walk ups in my experience so I don’t even try.

On the actual topic. Not so much a pet peeve but a complaint none the less. The decision to move Space Mountains single rider line to its current location. Right where handicapped people are coming down. In a narrow hallway. I was not impressed with this decision and still think it was a stupid decision.

On the topic of pet peeves. Making a random sharp turn in front of me. I use a mobility device. I can’t just come to a sudden stop. For the sake of everyone pay attention so you don’t get me or other users accidentally running into you.

People who sit on the railings while in line (especially those who wear big backpacks)....and they get upset when you bump into them....or my other pet peeve is people who don't have a clue about personal space and continually bump into you while you are standing in line! ugh, drives me nuts. :)

People riding rides on their cellphones either talking or facetiming.

Being at the park with people who won't get off their cell phones. Everything you try and say to them is answered by a dull "uh-huh".

My daughter with Down syndrome uses a wheelchair around the park because she’s a slow walker and has bad feet and just gets tired quickly. I don’t understand why they don’t have a wheelchair rental place next to the Grand California hotel park entrance into the California Adventure. Essentially you can get in early as a guest but then need to walk all the way back to park entrance to get a chair or stroller. Or like we did the last time in may, exhaust and cajole her to get to rides in CA before moving to Disneyland and getting a chair there. Seems like a small thing that would make a difference for a lot of people.
Don't know if anyone mentioned this but you can rent an off site wheel chair from somewhere like Deckert's. They deliver to the hotel.

My biggest pet peeve are people who don't want to be there, both kids and adults. We went around D23 a couple years ago and I have never seen so many kids crying and asking their parents to leave in the evenings. When your kids are crying and begging to leave and go to sleep, and you are with other adults who could stay with other kids, and you choose to ignore you child instead of listening to them, it's awful. You are just disturbing everyone around you, it's their trip too. Adults who are there with their families yelling about how much "this sucks", "the lines are stupid", and other such statements dampers everyone around you. If you are that unhappy, go find a quiet place to relax, away from families trying to have a good time.
I totally agree. When you choose to have kids you've decided you're ready to make sacrifices. DH and I used to open & close the parks. With our kids we are in the parks 5, 6 hours at most. That's split into two with a long break at the hotel for swimming!

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but you can rent an off site wheel chair from somewhere like Deckert's. They deliver to the hotel.
FYI: I think the current contract allows Scooterbug to deliver to the on site hotels. All other vendors have to meet you in person for delivery. Deckert's can deliver to the off site hotels just like they used to. Deckert's gets great reviews here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!