DL Hotel-What SHOULDN'T we miss?!

potterphreak

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone
First time at any of the DL hotels and we are super excited!! What shouldn't we miss? Anything "secret", or extra special, or that you can ONLY do at the DLH or because you are staying at the DLH? Thanks!!!

I recommend that you
- stroll the grounds
- Have a meal at Goofy's Kitchen
- get a wake-up call

Check out the Koi fish and if you are there in the mornings you can even feed them. There is a sign posted that lists the feeding time.

We were there in April and loved just wandering around. My dd (then almost 5) loved the remote control boats, and just walking aorund. She also loved the waterfall's. The pool was great also, (I liked the shops.....) :cool1: :Pinkbounc

It's not at the DLH but at GC, but it's a close walk and a great thing to do in the evening when you need a place to relax. We like to grab a cup of hot chocolate (at Whitewater Snacks - by the GC pool) then go sit in front of the fireplace in the lobby (it's huge!), very relaxing! Sometimes they have a pianist in the lobby and sometimes a storyteller at the fireplace. :flower:

-Fantasy Waters (if it is still operating)
-Wake up call
-Quiet cove pools if Neverland pool is crowded
-Goofy's Kitchen (if it is in your budget--they just raised the prices by like $10 per person)

I love to stroll through the lobby between the check in and around the corner towards Goofy's. One are has a bunch of pictures of famous people who visited DL. Then another area has a ton of old DL memorabilia.

A great place to relax and have a drink and a snack is the Hearthstone Lounge in the GC. If you like board games, they are supplied there for your pleasure. Great atmosphere. :earsboy:

Check out all the pictures and memoribilia lining the lobby and hallways on the first floor of the lobby building of the DLH.

And, um, no one's mentioned it I don't think, but don't forget to check out the Tinkerbell wallpaper border in your room at the DLH when the lights go out!!!!!

boo72 said:
Check out all the pictures and memoribilia lining the lobby and hallways on the first floor of the lobby building of the DLH.

And, um, no one's mentioned it I don't think, but don't forget to check out the Tinkerbell wallpaper border in your room at the DLH when the lights go out!!!!!

Actually that stuff is spread out all over the hotel, on each floor, in each building, etc. If your up for a walk you can see lots cool memorbilia.

There are glass elevators, we never rode one since our room was right next to the indoor ones, but they looked cool.

If you're craving junk food Croc's Bits & Bites has great chicken nachos!!!

There's a wonderful place to sit outside the Hearthstone at GCH, complete with outdoor fireplace, to chat and enjoy a cocktail.

I told my dd (then almost 5) that if she was good during the day tinkerbell would sprinkle pixy dust in our room. She was so excited, and a mention of pixy dust kept her happy alll day. :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

stampinshauna said:
-Fantasy Waters (if it is still operating)
-Wake up call
-Quiet cove pools if Neverland pool is crowded
-Goofy's Kitchen (if it is in your budget--they just raised the prices by like $10 per person)

fantasy waters has been closed.

If you are having a not doing anything night go over ti PP on the pooldeck to watch the fireworks it's great from there.

My tip as someone who hasn't stayed at the DLR hotels since I was a little girl, use vacation planning and have a gift basket waiting in your room! Since we are staying off site I can't do this and somehow need to have my sons birthday gift magically appear in our room the second day of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter