DL - Oct. 17 - 22

neanwhite

Earning My Ears
I'm so excited to have found this board - I've already had many of my questions answered by reading other posts :)

I have been trying to book a package (either through Costco or Disney directly) and am finding that there are very few - if any - rooms available for Oct. 17 -22. Does anyone happen to know why?? I was told by Disney that they have no rooms at any of their properties for the entire month of October - is this a sign that the crowds will be horrible over there??

I've looked and there doesn't seem to be any big conventions duing this time - we do have a Fall break in Arizona and that's why were going over, but are there lots of other schools that also have this break??

Thanks so much for your help :)

Ann

Well, I know they have rooms available in October. I just checked Expedia for Oct 22 - 27, and the Disneyland Hotel had rooms available for all nights.

For your dates, I found rooms available at the Grand Californian for all nights except Thursday - they were booked on that day. The other Disney owned hotels were also booked on certain days between Oct 17 - 22.

However, don't be discouraged by this. It doesn't mean the crowds will be high. The rest of the hotels and motels in the area have plenty of available rooms for the dates you want to go (Oct 17 - 22). :thumbsup2

neanwhite said:
finding that there are very few - if any - rooms available for Oct. 17 -22. Does anyone happen to know why??

are there lots of other schools that also have this break??

Ann

i found the same thing happening 10/14 - 10/21 - both DLH & PPH were not available on certain days but GCH was avail then entire time period

We are on fall break here in E TN - 1st time for a whole week - but i doubt if that's affecting DLR attendance :p

does anybody else know what's going on???

Call me crazy - but the way that I have always understood it is that if school is in session in CA, you will be ok, because the only people in the park will be from out of town. Also, if the hours for Disney are short, my assumption is that they are not expecting a large amount of people. Even if you filled every hotel it would seem like an empty park - anyways I hope this is the case...we will be there the 15th - 19th and I am hoping for light crowds!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter