• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DL vs WDW concierge?

jbrooks865

Earning My Ears
First off, DH and I just booked our DL vacation at the Disneyland Hotel. It is a first to DL and California--WOO HOO!!!!

Okay, question . . . .When booking, I insisted on staying concierge because never having been to California, I thought the concierge staff would be an invaluable asset to have. Now, we have stayed concierge many times at WDW and love the pampering, but more importantly we like having the extra help with planning tours and priority seating. Also, we save money by eating breakfast, snacks, and some dinners in the lounge. I recently read on a web page that the concierge at DL only offers breakfast and cordials at night. Also, they do not send out a pre-planner for us to fill out with requests for priority seating, tours, or spa appt. My question is for those of you who have stayed concierge at both DL and WDW. In your opinion, is it worth the extra 1400.00 we paid (for our whole stay) for concierge? Should we expect the same treatment that we received at WDW hotels? Any tips or information as to what to expect would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Shannon :earboy2:

Is there anyone out there who can tell me anything about the DL hotel concierge even if you have never been to WDW??????

Thanks,
Shannon

only from comments on these boards..... DL concierge is vastly inferior to the conceriege at WDW, but I have no personal experience.

I agree, if you are staying on-site, you can get all the same help planning meals and tours and such from vacation planning, and it's FREE! So now it depends if you think you will eat $1400 worth of food at the hotel. To me it is not worth it at DL. Either way you will have a great time!

Andrea

We are going in August, and we did not select concierge this trip. We tried it a couple of years ago, and sure did not get enough out of it comparied to what we spent. We did eat a couple of breakfast's there, but the wine tasting at night was wasted on us, non drinkers. The ability to watch the fireworks from the balcony was kind of fun once. If you used the free videos, the storybook reading and such might be ok. I would rather just spend more time in the park, myself.

Doug

Thanks for the help! Concierge is a budget-breaker for us, so it sounds like we would be better off with out it!

I am still getting to go to Disneyland--Woo Hoo!!!!

Make sure to call John in Vacation Planning. He is very helpful and made all of our PS's and took care of other things for us!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter