DLP hotels how to price out/book just a hotel with no tickets?

ryankski

Mouseketeer
Background: we will be in France in September for 11 nights and at the moment are planning on 4 nights in Paris, 4 nights in Lyon, and then heading to DLP for 3 nights. We are looking to spend 3 nights at DLP with two days at the parks. So arrive on Sept 15th (sometime during the day) and then go to the parks on the 16th & 17th and then check out on the 18th and head to the airport.

Looking at DLP's site when I look at hotel cost I can only seem to get a package which is 3 nights and four days of tickets. If we have to get 3 day tickets we'd take it but paying for a fourth day is totally pointless as we'd never go the fourth day. I can price out the 2 and 3 day park tickets individually but not the hotel. This has to be possible to only get a hotel room so I'm curious how others did this.

Also on the package it says "4 days 2 parks". Are these park hoppers? can you go between parks on the same day? Looking at tickets individually I can't get an option for park hoppers so I wasn't thinking they were available (and not really what we want), but maybe they are available for those staying at a DLP hotel. Curious.

Lastly, are there any local hotels with shuttles to the park I should look at?

Thank for the help. I've got experience with all the other parks in the world, but the Paris parks are new. I appreciate the help.

What you want doesn't exist on the website, so you can stop looking :)
DLP doesn't sell tickets separately, only packages. If you want to book your hotel separately you have to go to websites like trivago.com, hotels.com etc. And then book your tickets separately online or get them at the hotel etc. but you can make a pricing online. Check your numbers to see what gives you the best price. Did you check several ccountry-websites of the DLP websites or just US? The US website is usually the most expensive and you can get better deals to book with a deal for Ireland, UK, Germany, Spain etc.

Yes, 4 days 2 parks mean park hoppers, as the parks are so close together and the size of the Studios, all packages are with park hoppers. The parks are approx. 2 minutes walking away from each other.

Depending on your time of arrival, I would suggest to go into the parks on the 15th as well, for a few hours if you go for tickets as well. Disneyland Park probably closes at 9, Studios at 8.
If you arrive at Dinner time you could have dinner at your hotel and then go back to your room. But if it's earlier, I would get into the park as there aren't a lot of amenities at the hotels or in Disney Village to keep you entertained.

If you go to the DLP websites, you will see a list of good neighbour hotels which have all free buses to the parks.
If you use Trivago, use the map-functionality to see other hotels nearby. On their websites you can see if they provide transportation to the parks or if you need to provide your own transportation or use public transportation.

Thanks. I like the idea of just going the day we arrive and we were discussing that and if we get a package will for sure. Yes, I was just using the US site. That seems crazy to me that they only over packages, but explains why i couldn't figure it out. Based on your reply and did I check hotels.com & Trivago and they are more expense then what I figure the three nights are through the DLP site (package cost minus the cost of 3 day tickets) which also includes half board. I did look at the website you mentioned and the French site seems to be a couple hundred dollars cheaper (although it appears my son is free & no half-board) after conversation. Do people regular book on a different countries site with no issues. Anything I should know about before booking via the French site or any other country?

Given we are just looking for a place to sleep we are looking at the Santa Fe or Cheyenne and mostly likely Santa Fe (on the US site just over $100 cheaper). From what I could tell there isn't much of a difference except the theme. Is this correct or am I missing something?

I still haven't priced out the partner hotels (next on my list), but curious if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks again for any help

Last edited:
Also I went through the booking process (US site) up until I enter my info and click confirm and pay. It looks like I pay the entire package price up front. is this correct? I was also checking to see if the reservation could be cancelled and what the rules are; however, I was struggling to clearly find this info. I'm ok with paying it up front and would be with non-cancellable. Just curious if anyone knows so that I know what I'm getting my self into.

Yes people do regularly book through another countries site - they have different offers at different times for different countries.
Did you check the UK and Irish sites as well as the French? Just remember that the price you get quoted will be in that country's currency (Euro or UK Pound) so remember to check the exchange rate as well.

If you book online put your normal address in but leave the country as the one you are booking from (Nothing is mailed out) otherwise it often transfers you to your own country.

If you book by phone you can ask to book through the offer on the French/UK site and they have to do it for you.

I think that if you book by phone you can just pay a deposit. The cancellation policies are different for each country as well so check the terms for the site you are booking from.

There isnt a lot of difference between the Cheyenne and Santa Fe.
- Neither have swimming pools
- Both are built like 'towns' with separate blocks
- Santa Fe is more motel like and you park your car (if you have one) outside the block you are staying in/ Cheyenne you park in the main car park
- Both have a shop/Bar/restaurant and Cheyenne also has a small Starbucks on site
- Both are about 15/20 minutes walk from the parks but also have a shuttle bus to take you there if you prefer
- Santa Fe usually has 2 double beds whereas Cheyenne has 1 double and a single then another pull out bed

When I stay off site, it's usually at Campanile (formerly known as Kyriad), I enjoy the breakfast here, but I must admit, it's a long time since I had breakfast at Cheyenne or Santa Fe.

When I book over the phone for an onsite hotel, I can always pay a deposit. It depends on the amount if I do ;-)
I don't know the cancellation details by heart, I believe it's 30 days before departure it has to be paid in full. Before 30 days you can still cancel free of charge. It's always good to double check the details.

Between Cheyenne and Santa Fe there is little difference. Both have been renovated recently, but Cheyenne more recent.

You can easily switch to another's country site by clicking on the USA flag on the site, and then selecting the country you want to try.

We used the Switzerland site to book and pay in Swiss Francs site for our trip last year. We had to pay a small deposit, and then we paid off the balance before 30 days.

Thanks. I did check the UK site and it was actually more expense when UKP was converted to USD. The Ireland, Spain, German and Italian sites were cheaper on some and more on others but the hotels we are look at were only cheaper by $7-8. They all seem to have 25% off and half board. The French site was significantly cheaper due to it being 35% off and kids free (we have 1). So if we book a DLP hotel it looks like the French site. I need to figure out half board to see if it's actually worth it, but I'd I have questions on that I can start a new thread so it's not buried.

Thanks for the info and I'll be sure to not fill in the country.

I am in the same boat, just looking to book a hotel (half board if possible) and a race bib for September. I dont need a ticket. I was at the ireland, german and french sites and the French was the best as mentioned 35% off (no meals) but when I looked yesterday, it was 25% instead. Do these offers fluctuate?

I am in the same boat, just looking to book a hotel (half board if possible) and a race bib for September. I dont need a ticket. I was at the ireland, german and french sites and the French was the best as mentioned 35% off (no meals) but when I looked yesterday, it was 25% instead. Do these offers fluctuate?
They can. But offers usually start at the beginning or the middle of the month. So you probably just hit the middle of the month switch.

I just went to check this and the prices for our time in September didn't change and it still says it's 35% off & kids under 12 free. Additionally, it says the offer is valid through April 22. Not sure your dates and if that matters, but for our days it hasn't changed.

Also I went through the booking process (US site) up until I enter my info and click confirm and pay. It looks like I pay the entire package price up front. is this correct? I was also checking to see if the reservation could be cancelled and what the rules are; however, I was struggling to clearly find this info. I'm ok with paying it up front and would be with non-cancellable. Just curious if anyone knows so that I know what I'm getting my self into.

I kept checking all the sites and one day the price on the US site dropped significantly to prices well below the other European sites. It was really strange, so I booked right away. I had to put down about 20% with the balance due 30 days before arrival. The last time we went I booked through the UK site and had no problems at all when we checked in so if the prices on other countries' sites are less don't hesitate to book but keep checking that US site too.

Thanks. I am going to use my DVC points instead. Between going to DL the month before for the Star Wars Celebration and the costs for flight and hotels for that one, plus the flight to France, this will be my best option. Not a great use of the points, but I did save some from my prior use year to use either at DL or DLP this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!