DLP in December

Scilly

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me what it’s like in December in terms of crowds, weather and additional Christmassy things?

I am looking forward to go, I went last year and was pleasantly surprised with the Christmas Parade (which has a great song) and the Big band show was awesome. Both will return :)

And the weather could be freezing and snow to a nice 15 degrees. Last Christmas was good, it was about 10 degrees when I was there and that was just perfect.

It's become a Christmas tradition for us over the years.
As stated above the weather can vary, but it doesn't generally feel crowded like it can during the summer. Busier on weekends perhaps, and we've never actually been Christmas week which may be worse.
This year we're going the first week of December.....can't wait!

we went on the first week of december in 2016 and the weather was dry and sunny for the 5 days but it was pretty cold, especially queuing for almost 3 hours to get into Santas Grotto!

Crowd wise i thought it was busier than i was expecting, ive later found out that there are some Spanish bank holidays around the 6th-9th and a lot of Spaniards travel to disney.
And i also noticed that a lot of the counter restaurants start closing around 4pm so the queues to get a warm drink are quite long in the remaining outlets open.
but its at night when christmas comes alive at disney. The lights are amazing. and the huge christmas tree all lit up. magnifique!!
and ice skating outside the hotel new york at night was wonderful.

we went on the first week of december in 2016 and the weather was dry and sunny for the 5 days but it was pretty cold, especially queuing for almost 3 hours to get into Santas Grotto!

Crowd wise i thought it was busier than i was expecting, ive later found out that there are some Spanish bank holidays around the 6th-9th and a lot of Spaniards travel to disney.
And i also noticed that a lot of the counter restaurants start closing around 4pm so the queues to get a warm drink are quite long in the remaining outlets open.
but its at night when christmas comes alive at disney. The lights are amazing. and the huge christmas tree all lit up. magnifique!!
and ice skating outside the hotel new york at night was wonderful.
Thanks fir the replies.

We went 2015 16-20th December 2015 which was Wed - Sun, the Wed - Fri were fine crowds wise but it was crazy busy the Sat/Sun. Luckily we'd done all of the rides and saved the weekends for parades and shows etc. Weather was really mild and dry which was lovely. Magical time to go and park wasn't open until really late like in the summer so now waiting until midnight for fireworks etc!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!