DLP November 2023 plans

Sammi89

Earning My Ears
I’m (33F) booked in to visit DLP the second week of November this year by myself. Coming from Australia. Never been to any Disney parks. Want to do as many rides as possible. Not interested in character meets. Would like to catch a show or two + fireworks. Not fussed about sit down meals, happy to exist off snacks and coffee.

I have two short days at DLP. Staying at Santa Fe. Arrival 1pm into CDG from Iceland on a Wednesday and have booked Disney express service so I can go straight into the parks.

Should I get premier access?

Which park should I go to first? Are the parks busy at this time of year?

I think I should have access to extra magic time the following morning as I’m staying onsite and then have to be at the Eurostar at Gare du Nord by 8pm that night.

Can anyone suggest a touring plan that would work for my short time at DLP?

I would use your half day for the Studios and your full day for Disneyland Park.

Till the 5th of November is a school holiday and the 11th of November is a bank holiday (but as it is a Saturday, doesn't really matter). Crowds depend if you are going during the week, so you should be good.

Use single rider lines where possible and only pay for Premier Access if absolutely necessary. For your show on day 1 go for Mickey and the Magician. Hop over to the other park for the fireworks.

For your next day, just focus on some of the highlights and maybe see Lion King Rhythms of the Pridelands.

I would take at least 2.5 hours to get to Gare du Nord. It takes 1 hour, but just in case delays etc. I wouldn't risk it. Also you need time to go through customs at the station to get access to the UK.

The second day absolutely use early entry, so you can do Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountains (in this order) before the park opens to everyone. They have the longest lines in the main park. After BTM you can either stay in Frontierland and do Phantom Manor and then Indiana Jones or cross the park and go to do Buzz, Space Mountains (it has at times a single rider line) and Star Tour. Probably the latter saves the most time, the former requires less backtracking.

Do not buy the packaged Premier Pass, it includes ride you can do with minimal wait at some point or use Single Rider. (Ratatuoille Single Rider is often faster than the Premier Pass lane).
The best candidate to pay for is Crush and Coaster at the studios. It always has long lines and the Single rider line doesn't save much.

Last edited:
Drop your bag at guest services (on the right side of the entrance to Disneyland Park) or use a locker at the train station on your second day - you don't want to have to back track to Santa Fe to collect it!

I also would suggest 2.5 hours to get to Gare du Nord, it always seems to take longer than expected.

Add your 'must do' attractions to your favourites list on the app and keep an eye on the wait times. You will get a lot done using the single rider line, (5, 10, 15 minutes) the only ride that doesn't seem to benefit at all from this is Crush.

If you can, watch the fireworks in front of the castle/down Main Street (not to the sides) - it just looks better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter