DLP or Studios? Or both? Or neither?

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
DH and I planned a last-minute get-away to Europe, including a few days in Paris (wound up being cheaper than WDW!)

We're trying to determine whether we should go to DLP for a day, try the Studios, or skip both. They still haven't started to sell one day Park Hoppers yet, have they?

We have 4 full days in Paris. We've been there several times before, as we love it. We visited DLP for a day about a year ago, and we had a lovely time. It was great, and we have many fond memories.

But 4 days in Paris is not really a lot. Should we use one for DLP? Or are the Studios worth a day trip? As of a year ago, we would NOT have used a full day for the Studios. We don't want to use two days for Disney while we're in Paris, so that is not an option. While a Disney fix is great, we went to WDW for a week a few months ago, so it's not like we haven't had one for a long time.

Honest opinions appreciated! Thanks!

::MinnieMo

With only 4 days my choice would be to spend them in Paris.

if after 3 days you've had enough its very easy to catch a train from central {Paris to DLP & buy a ticket at the gate. I think you can by tickets for DLP at train stations too.

I wouldn't waste a full day ticket on the studios IMHO there isn't enough there yet.

I would head to the Studios for lunchtime, haing eaten on the way or before, and go straight to Moteurs Action which is a fantastic show and even better in the warm weather and sunshine.

I would then do the Studio Tram Tour, Animgique and Cinemagique (plus Rock 'n' Roller Coaster if you like thrill rides, we don't so didn't do that).

If you have time before 5pm here are a few more things like Armageddon which are fun but by no means essential.

At 5pm I'd head over to Disneyland Park (that's when your 1 day ticket allows you to 'park hop') which would give you 6 hours of official 'open time' but more likely 6.5 - 7 hours if you include the fireworks and slow amble out of the park.

Without expecting to see everything this would be a decent amount of time to get quite a bit done and you would be there for 2 parades should you wish to see them, otherwise they are ideal times to go on popular rides.

If you like the popular rides then getting FastPass tickets on entry would be a good idea.

It was my recent trip that really opened my eyes to Disney Studios and while previous visits have left me apathetic, I love Studios now and it makes a fantastic contrast and addition to Disneyland Park.

Don't forget to see the Lilo and Stitch Catch the wave party and the Cinema Parade at WDS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter