DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in the same boat as you with deluxe passes with added Maxpass. We didn't get parking because we stay onsite. I think it should be the cost of the pass, plus any add ons, divided by days in a year, then multiplied by days park is closed. This seems to be a fair way.
While I couldn't get confirmation on if it would be calculated that way they did all say the max pass add on portion would be included in the partial refund calculation. I haven't seen that in writing anywhere but they seemed pretty confident and reassuring about that at least.

While I couldn't get confirmation on if it would be calculated that way they did all say the max pass add on portion would be included in the partial refund calculation. I haven't seen that in writing anywhere but they seemed pretty confident and reassuring about that at least.
I was told the same thing about Maxpass being included in the refund by a phone CM when I called to request the refund.

Attention APs on the monthly payment plan:
This article is about WDW, but might be a heads up for DLR passholders who want to avoid any risk of experiencing the same kind of Disney IT glitch/Murphy's law/headache:
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders Caught Off Guard with 4 Months of Charges Today

WDW has admitted that this was an error on their part and they have already started refunding passholders. However, some APs experienced the glitch a second time instead of getting the refund.
It has been suggested on other threads that if you are on the monthly payment plan, you might want to consider switching to a separate, designated account just for your AP payments (so that something like this cannot wipe out your whole bank account -- like it did for some unfortunate WDW APs) or switch from a debit card to a credit card. Just some food for thought...

I just received an email that the hotels will not be open for our trip (July 26-29). We knew it was coming, but still sad. It does say we can reschedule for August.

Last edited:

I just received an email that the hotels will not be open for our trip (July 26-29). We knew it was coming, but still sad. It does say we can reschedule for August.
Yes, sorry, Grand Californian.
Thanks - Can I ask did you book through Disney or someplace else like Costco? Just wondering because we booked directly through Disney and have not heard anything. Due to check in 7/23

Has the governor of California released guidelines for opening theme parks yet? Last I heard, he was going to release that information, "After July 4th." Just seeing if I missed something

We currently have reservation for Grand Californian for early August... booked using points. If we keep the reservation but then the resort doesn't open, will the points just be returned to the original use year or will it be put in the holding account? Trying to figure out if I should cancel before the 31 day cut off to be safe...

We currently have reservation for Grand Californian for early August... booked using points. If we keep the reservation but then the resort doesn't open, will the points just be returned to the original use year or will it be put in the holding account? Trying to figure out if I should cancel before the 31 day cut off to be safe...

Same exact situation. Would like to know also!

You will probably find more info on the DVC board

Since DTD is open this week, does anyone know if we can use our AP discount on merchandise? Also if our pass had expired, but we chose the extension option, can we still use our pass for a discount?

Since DTD is open this week, does anyone know if we can use our AP discount on merchandise? Also if our pass had expired, but we chose the extension option, can we still use our pass for a discount?
I have the same question. I called and asked for an extension when the park reopens. The app still doesn’t show my pass. I would like to use the discount when I buy some beignets at Jazz Kitchen Express!

Same exact situation. Would like to know also!
The DVC board has info, as @gottalovepluto notes, but I can’t find the main thread that’s discussed this and most of that info is outdated anyway since DVC has published updates. Go to the DVC Member site and look up FAQs for Temporary Policy Updates to see what would apply to your particular situation and use year points,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter