DME to MCO on check in day?

zemmer

Mouseketeer
We are going to stay at Shades of Green in November as a family. We are checking out of SoG on a Wednesday, and I am checking into Pop the same day for a couple of nights solo. Can my family take the DME to the airport on the same day I check in if I add them to my reservation?

WDW resort guests are entitled to one DME trip from the airport and to the airport. As far as I know, there are no rules as to when you can take those trips. They WOULD have to be on your reservation and you would be constrained by number of people allowed in the room and would also incur a charge if more than 2 adults.
My only concern would be that check in time is technically 3pm so could you GO to MCO earlier than that although certainly people come FROM MCO earlier.

Yes, if they are on the reservation at POP, they are entitled to take DME from MCO to your resort and from your resort to MCO. There is no requirement that you use both, and no requirement that they be used in the "normal" order. You will want to call DME (866 599-0951) directly to set this up. Do Not call Disney - they will most likely tell you (erroneously) that you can't do that.

As previously mentioned, you will have to pay the extra adult charge for any adults over 2. But once they've left, you can go to the front desk and have them removed from the reservation and those charges credited.

Steve

Thank you pooch and Steve! I added them to my reservation and the cost stayed the same (one adult and two kids), so that will save us some money we would have spent on an Uber or car service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!