DME: Use the bag tags or not?

Mark099

Mouseketeer
Hi Gang,

Two days and counting. We are planning to use the DME. We have received our bag tags long ago. We arrive around 9PM and are staying at SSR.

Is it wise to handle our own bags or trust Disney?

P.S. My sister arrives 90 minutes later. Do the same rules apply for her?

If your bags have the yellow tags attached, Disney will do a great job of retreiving them for you and delivering them to your room. By the time you wait for the luggage at the carousel, you'd most likely already be on the bus well on the way to your resort. The bags typically are arriving within about 2 hours after you get there. If it's important for you to have your bags with you, then collecting themselves would be necessary. Be sure to NOT put the tags on if you want to gather them yourself- they won't show up on the carousel with the tags.

Have a great trip.

So the bag are diverted if they have the Disney tags?

Will the bags be taken to our room? What if we are not there?

Yes, they are delivered to your room - you never have to touch them. You don't have to be in your room when they get there either; just go and do what you want after you arrive. We thought it was a nice service.

At night, are we more likely to get our bags faster or slower?

My sister arrives 90 minutes after us on a different flight. I'd hate to have her bags show up at 1 AM.

I have used DME twice for transportation to the resort but I did not use the yellow tags. I went and picked them up myself and brought them to the bus. I just feel better knowing that I positively have my luggage.

jiggerj said:
I have used DME twice for transportation to the resort but I did not use the yellow tags. I went and picked them up myself and brought them to the bus. I just feel better knowing that I positively have my luggage.

I have seen people say that too. :confused3

With a late arrival, you may want to retreive your bags on your own. I've heard lots of mixed comments about bag arrival when you have a late flight.

We were at SSR last weekend. Our flight arrived in Orlando at 9:15 am. Because it was a quick trip, we didn't have any checked bags, just carry-ons. Anyway, DME was wonderful, but getting to our room was a problem. We had to lug our bags and little one across the resort to our room ourselves. They didn't have anyone on staff to help us to the room. The only other option was to wait for an internal bus, which I'm not sure exists.

Of course, if you have a close room, then you won't really have a problem then.

After writing this, I think I've changed my mind about whether you should DME the bags...maybe it would be easier if you did. :rotfl:

SSR (and all other onsite resorts) does have a Bell Staff. Just let the desk know you need assistance with luggage and they will get assistance for you - it is available 24 hours a day. If you're using DME, the bags will be delivered to your room - without asking.

Thanks for all the help! We leave for the airport in 6 hours.

I think we'll chance it and use the baggage handling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter