Do 10-11 year old boys get autographs?

P

pnelson

Just wondering if anyone has anyone in the 10-11 year old range that still hunts down characters to get autographs? Do they still have interest in the theme parks and character meals?

Our Ds was 8 on our first trip to the world in 2000, before going he was of the attitude that characters were baby stuff! That all changed in about 5 minutes after stepping into the first park! We got autographs,pictures and video the whole time there! We are now planning our second trip for this November and he will be 10 by then. I think he will still love it! It is not just little girst getting autographs but everyone gets in the spirit! I also have plans to try and get Cindy's breakfast-- DH and DS have no problem with this- it will be fun! DS also liked to keep track of who autograph he got and where ect.
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

My son is 8 and has been to WDW 7 times. He had no interest in autographs until he was 6, and was obsessed with them for a couple of trips. He seems to be losing interest, but that may be because he has pretty much everyone's autograph.

I think by 10 he'll be completely out of it.

My ds was 10 on our last trip. He like getting the autographs, but was very shy/self conscious about approaching the characters himself. He would NOT wait in line for them. He did, however, enjoy character meals and getting them to our table to sign. He LOVED the theme parks and I think always will!

My DS loved to do it from age 6-10. Last November he would pose for the pictures but did not do autographs. He probably would have but he has them all by now. I will hate it when he stops doing the pictures, though.

I have seen full grown adults go up and get pics and autographs.
My daughter did last yr and she was nine . She says she will again on our trip this June.
But she always lets the little ones go first.. she is a good kid!

My 44 year old husband is positively gleeful when he sees Eeyore. I get excited over face characters and Goofy. My jaded 8 year old really only wants to pose with new (to him) characters or Mickey Mouse. He was psyched when we got Goofy's son Max on our last trip, but he just wanted the picture, not the autograph.

I just asked DS who will turn 12 on our trip next week and he plans on getting autographs still.

Here is another twist. I have heard that if you have your name printed on a paper, and your address, and give it to the character, or the Cm next to them, they will send you an 8x10 photo of the character, and I think it might be signed. Its something different for your boys if they feel awkward asking for one. Maybe they could use the mousekeeping icons, and create little business like cards to hand to the characters.

My DS was always afraid of the characters when he was little, but when he turned 7, under the pretense of helping out his little brother and sister, he became an autograph and picture pro. He did make it clear though that I was not permitted to show the picture of him hugging Pooh to any of his friends. I think he'll think he's 'too cool' to do it for himself this year (he's now 9), but again, he's o.k. with it if he's helping out a sibling.

The one thing he did nearly die of embarrassment from was Cinderella's Royal Table....the Princesses would stop by near his end of the table and he'd just wave them down to his 4 year old sister and turn all red. When Cinderalla was heading toward us....the last to stop by.....he actually went under the table to avoid her. As a supportive Mom, I of course felt compelled to take his picture under there.....one of my favorites!!!! :p

We were just in WDW in April and my 10 yo ds was on a massive autograph hunt..I totally encouraged it for 2 reasons, we also had 2 yo twins who were a bit shy with them, so at least there was someone to stand in the pics and they all came out awesome btw, I have a great one of him with Jasmine!!! i love it. Also my 13yo DS decided pin trading was for him so the autograph book and pen was a much more inexpensive treat for the 10 yo.

we enjoyed it

My nephew who was 9, did not want an autograph book. Nor did he seem interested in getting autographs, but really seemed to like posing with characters. He did get a couple autographs in grandma's autograph book for her though.

My 11 yo DS had no interest in getting autographs. We had a nice book made up with the characters' pictures for DS and DD. DD really got into it and wasn't shy at all but DS refused to have any part of hit. I think I got one picture of him at Chef Mickeys and when DD went to use the restroom he did get Donald to sign his sister's book. He wouldn't stand next to a character for anything.

I did get a picture of DS 16 with Captain Hook. Hook made him hold the autograph book so he could sign and then wouldn't let him leave until after I got a picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter