Do As Dreamers Do PTR May 2018

Allergies are horrible now. We never noticed this back in Kansas but since we moved to Branson this time of year our white cars are now yellow covered in pollen. It is horrible.

You are not packed! I am shocked! DH is already asking when we can get the suitcases out for our August 2019 trip.

Glad to see your trip report and looking forward to reading all about it. Some day we will get back out there. Just don't want to give up a WDW trip to do it.

We had the pollen last year in Branson. It's nasty. I'm just hiding indoors as much as possible.

Tomorrow is the Packing Extravaganza. I do have a couple shelves on a bookcase full of stuff to take/pack. I would maybe start tonight but Dan's stuff isn't pulled and I certainly don't want to make decisions for him. So it will be me packing for all 3 of us tomorrow (or at least me packing for Dan and myself while directing Ches through it).

Ches got to pick -- both parks were close enough in price that I told her to choose -- and she picked Disneyland. It's completely unreal to me that I'm sitting here typing this and watching Drag Race and in 48 hours we'll be in California, but I'm hoping it finally hits me at some point and I'll get excited about the magic. I'm just excited in theory right now. I think our last few weeks have just been so crazy and we haven't had time to sit and breathe. Should have lots of time for that on Saturday...

Ugh, I've been kinda avoiding the boards lately (because they were making me so itchy for Disney, and I thought it was going to be quite a while before I went) and I missed out on all your PT! I caught up though, just in time! :) I had to write down some notes as I went so I would know what to comment on!

I absolutely loved all your different outfits - I can't wait to see them in action! :)

Cobb salads are my favorite ever.

The only celebrities I can remember seeing are Britney Spears at Six Flags in 2000 and Richard Dreyfuss filming something at Mt. Vernon in 2001... I think I saw one on Luigi's during our last family trip, according to how people were acting, and since they were filming his family, but I have no idea who it was...

I also have no idea what my next handwritten note says...

Those Sully ears are amazing!! I love Sully, and have a picture with him from 2009. :)

Super duper love your Million Dreams/Walt shirt!

I love digital scrapbooking, but the 4th and 5th child did me in. I'm like 5 years behind at this point... I used to paper scrap until I had little kids, and then I got behind while I tried to figure out how to do it without them destroying everything (and find time to get all that mess out). Digital is infinitely more satisfying.

Excited to hear how your trip goes!!!

Ugh, I've been kinda avoiding the boards lately (because they were making me so itchy for Disney, and I thought it was going to be quite a while before I went) and I missed out on all your PT! I caught up though, just in time! :) I had to write down some notes as I went so I would know what to comment on!

I tend to avoid the boards when I'm not planning a trip, which means I've had an almost six year break. I missed it.

Did you see that Flo's now has a Cobb Salad? I'm so excited.

I've done a little of everything over the years as far as scrapbooking and really have no excuse for stopping... except it wasn't fun anymore. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it after the trip and doing a Disney album digitally. And writing my trip report.

And now our bags are packed and standing in our living room (while the dog gets all sad and mopey because HE KNOWS!) and it's just a matter of passing time. I swear these last 24 hours are the worst.

I tend to avoid the boards when I'm not planning a trip, which means I've had an almost six year break. I missed it.

Did you see that Flo's now has a Cobb Salad? I'm so excited.

I've done a little of everything over the years as far as scrapbooking and really have no excuse for stopping... except it wasn't fun anymore. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it after the trip and doing a Disney album digitally. And writing my trip report.

And now our bags are packed and standing in our living room (while the dog gets all sad and mopey because HE KNOWS!) and it's just a matter of passing time. I swear these last 24 hours are the worst.

I didn't see that! That's awesome! I don't have any idea what we're going to eat on our upcoming trip. I've mostly been doing one-day trips recently, so we never want to sacrifice attraction time for anything sit down. (And I always crave a corn dog!) I haven't been excited about the Flo's menu before now, but I'll have to check it out!

YAY for bags packed and waiting! I'm so excited for you!!

We are home! It was the most fun week I've had in a very long time, lots of characters and rides and I was sick all week with a cough and then Chesney got even sicker and we had to do an emergency doctor/medicine thing, but we didn't let it slow us down and now I'm so happy to be home. The time change on the way home really messed us up (we completely missed lunch) and I ordered mid-afternoon pizza delivery. I'm going to organize photos and try to figure out a work flow for writing the trip report and getting photos into albums and all that.

For now, my take aways:
1. MaxPass is the best thing ever invented. We used to it to full potential on this trip (at least for our touring style). I can't imagine the trip without it.
2. This was such a good thing for me and my daughter. She's going to be going to college and becoming an adult and I know from experience with my two older children, we're never going to be as close as we are right now. There's something special about that senior year and transition to college. And no memory is ever going to be better than watching the fireworks last night and grabbing each others hands when the Coco section started.
and my BIG number 3. People, put down your phones and enjoy the moment. I say this as a memory keeper who took over 1000 photos on this trip. But I saw way too many people experiencing the parks through their cell phone. Photos and videos are nice but you are there for the magic. Let it be magical.

Yay! I'm glad your week was great and that it was a good relationship-building time for you!! I'm sorry you were sick!
MaxPass is the best ever. I'm going to cry if/when the price goes up and it becomes too expensive for our whole family to do it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!