Do cast members really call AP Holders "p*******s"?

I will never understand why Disney wants to court entitled SoCal residents who spend virtually no money in the park yet heavy tax its infrastructure.

"Oh Baby Oh!
How my business did grow!
Now chopping one tree
at a time
was too slow."

"I went right on biggering...selling more Thneeds.
And I biggered my money, which everyone needs."

I will never understand why Disney wants to court entitled SoCal residents who spend virtually no money in the park yet heavy tax its infrastructure.

Short answer: they wouldn't. So I guess they are making money.

Longer answer: I am sure most AP holders don't spend as much per visit. But they are visiting more times than a tourist. So those churros start to add up!

we have AP's right now beacuse we had 3 trips to so cal planned, Jan just to go , March for a wedding , and Nov for my bday. It was very cost effective to buy the passes. Most likely we will not renew due to money not because we dont want to. I am insanely jealous I cant make payments on one and cant pop in for the day. If they opened up the payment program to other states , I think they would get a higher profit, if we drive hours to get there , we will spend spend spend when we get there.
Oh and how do they know I am a passholder unless its at the gate , and when I pay for something. Thats just silly

Oh and how do they know I am a passholder unless its at the gate , and when I pay for something. Thats just silly

This is how I know/can guess if someone's probably an AP holder/local (and I'm sure someone will be really offended by this but here goes):

1. No fanny pack
2. No backpack
3. No crocs
4. Baseball cap or sunglasses, but not both
5. Bulky stroller (as opposed to the umbrella strollers w/the airport pink tag hanging on them)
6. Standing in the other line to get a Dole Whip
7. Sitting near New Orleans square with a bread bowl of soup and one skewer of meat with flip flops on
8. Single parent checking his/her PDA during small world ride

This is how I know/can guess if someone's probably an AP holder/local (and I'm sure someone will be really offended by this but here goes):

1. No fanny pack
2. No backpack
3. No crocs
5. Bulky stroller (as opposed to the umbrella strollers w/the airport pink tag hanging on them)
7. Sitting near New Orleans square with a bread bowl of soup and one skewer of meat with flip flops on
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
We do all but number 8! I don't like Fanny Packs extenuates the Pooh Sized tummy. We have too many kids for one back pack. So I way down my big bulky stroller! I do not do crocks. Husband and I and kids wear sunglasses or baseball caps! We love our flip flops! We have them in tons of colors Thanks Old Navy! I once again don't have a lot of time so thanks to the boards use the other line to get our Dole Whips! I love to stop and eat near New Orleans Square! Good for people watchin!
BUT I think what gives our family away as a Non So Cal Ap holders is our matching homemade Disney T-shirts! :lovestruc

I think its funny that Annual passholders think they should be treated differently.

They're always like, hi, im a passholder and can i get XXXXXX....

in my mind, im like okay, ur a passholder, am i suppose to treat u differently than other people?

How sad. Who don't they make fun of, then?

Not many... at least from my experience on the WDW College Program. Cast members make fun of just about everyone... I never saw/heard it on stage or where a guest was aware of it, but it definitely happened backstage constantly. The way I see it now is that, CMs are expected to be perfect on stage and have to hold a lot in. People (majority of them) leave their brain and common sense at home when they go to Disney and CMs are the ones who have to deal with it. If they're gonna talk crap about guests when they are off stage, who cares? I don't. It's a stressful job and if it makes their day easier, so be it.

1. No fanny pack
2. No backpack
3. No crocs

OOoh, ooh, I'll bite... ;) One year, for one glorious year, we got to be annual passholders, because we upgraded our week-long parkhoppers to annual passes, and then made a huge effort financially and came back around 350 days later (had to fly in from Northern Canada) and - I WORE A FANNY PACK in the parks, I kid you not.... DH was embarrassed by it, and I kept assuring him I knew know one. Of course, I had my lime green Mickey on it, and a DISboard member approached, me, LOL, how embarrassing, but nice. :)

Not everyone who is an AP resides there. For us, it was surreal to use our 'AP's' for only one week - knowing we could not get back again until they expired. Yet it was CHEAPER at that time to upgrade the week long pass than it was to purchase 2 individual week passes.

I never wore a hat or sunglasses when on the trips... and I don't like Dole Whips, but admit I DID know about the second line, thanks to the boards...

I guess one never knows... in any event, it saved us money, and was far easier to use for the Fast Passes. :)

Either way, gotta love Disney, whether you are a few days, week long, etc., or AP holder. :goodvibes

Edited to add; No crocs, too cheap to buy new shoes, lol. No backpack or bulky stroller (since the kids are 9 and soon to be 15.) No flip flops, and skewer of meat was at Bengal BBQ. No soup bowls for us,no reason why, just that so many other foods were available. I checked my PDA (android) on mousewait all the time, but was not a single parent, traveled with my family.

This thread has made me think about skiing. At a hill I go to magazines often note the local passholders mightier than though attitude. This I can agree with, there are examples all over the place. I'm a local but people who ski one or two years there, think they are awesome locals too. They get an attitude that they and everything they do is radical! Also the place is overrun with passholders, of course most of them you meet while skiing are employees on a break getting a couple runs in.

The locals thoughts which the faux locals grab onto quickly is a dergoatory skiing term called gapers for tourist and unexperienced skiers. Many of the faux locals think they are called gapers because of the gap between thier hat and goggles(which leave a line of sunburn on your head). They are called gapers because their mouth is gaping open when they stare in awe of the scenery and ski terrain.

Gaper Photos on FB, though most are of people acting like gapers, cause it's so funny.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Watch...tching-Gapers-Struggle/181800631862?sk=photos

See a name for everyone. :wizard:

PS. If we are riding a chairlift together, don't worry I won't call you a gaper. I believe people should ski, and go to disneyland, to have fun with others that want to have fun, period. But if you are skiing in sunglasses on a cold or snowy day, I will let you know where to get cheap goggles to be more comforatble.

Originally Posted by furb & dez View Post

Because Southern California residents form a huge chunk of their business. Disney wouldn't sell em if it didn't make them money.

1. No fanny pack
2. No backpack
3. No crocs

Ha...we do several things on your list... and we are AP holders. We carry a backpack and wear crocs.. standard Disney wear.

The croc thing is a Disney giveaway (I like them for the parks). If you go to the wdw home page and click on pic no#2 there is a pic of a girl in a Minnie Mouse outfit wearing yellow crocs.:cool1:

1. No fanny pack
2. No backpack
3. No crocs
Hahaha, well for the first time ever, I'm going to be an AP holder. Hope I don't end up bucking these trends too much. :cool2:

Haha, this is a very entertaining thread. As a WDW AP holder, I see many similarities. Best bonus in Florida is the AP line at the gate! And, my daughter and I always travel with nothing so we can fly through security. My wife still carries a purse, so she catches up inside. I have nicknames for cast members too!

All of the pass holders I personally know drop a lot of money in the parks. Last weekend we drove up for a Dooney release, stood in line for 45 minutes, bought 3 purses (probably enough to pay all the cast members in the store for the whole day) , went on one ride and then left. We almost always eat at least one sit down meal in the parks, always buy a new t-shirt, popcorn bucket, ear hat, whatever every month. I think pass holders spend a lot more money than people think they do. We love Disney, we might as well sign our paychecks over to Mickey and cut out the middle man.

We do look like pass holders though, have to wear all that stuff we buy, all at once.:earsgirl:princess::earsboy:

I don't care what they call us, they have a very stressful job and need to blow off steam. We have mostly great interactions, if you are nice to them, they'll be nice to you.

This is really funny. I see this thread is from 7 years ago. I have to agree that quite a while back, maybe even longer than 7 years ago, many passholders acted entitled. Nowadays, I feel it is totally different. Seems like most regulars that I see at DL are extremely pleasant and considerate of the other guests and the employees.

The reason "there is no such thing" is because there are almost a million of you. Wonder why it's so busy all the time? It's your own fault.

Disney courts AP holders because they are good for their business. FYI, annual passholders for Disneyland, Anaheim, CA aren't just Southern Californians, they are many AP holders from Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona that visit more than once a year. AP holders do spend money. It might not be one and done like a once in a lifetime trip, but, they do spend and it does add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!